Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,913 members, 7,866,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily (421 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / Feed On His Word By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily by hisableplc(m): 8:12am On Aug 17, 2013
Daily Manna: Prayer That Prevails

Saturday 17, August 2013

TEXT: PSALM 86:1-10

KEY VERSE: “Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy” (Psalm 86:1).

One day, a clergyman was confronted on his manner of prayer. Prior to that, he was used to saying loud prayers. He later changed to a quiet way of communing with his heavenly Father.

When a colleague asked about the change, the clergyman laughed hysterically and replied: “When I was young, I thought it was the thunder that killed people, but when I grew up I discovered it was lightning. So I determined that in the future I would thunder less and lighten more.”

David, a man with a penitent heart, knew how best to touch heaven with prayer. He had passed through troubles: he killed a lion and a bear; he escaped being killed by Saul, first king of Israel; he killed Goliath; he suffered a coup plot by his son, Absalom, etc. In each of these circumstances, David was never deterred, for he knew how to get help from God through prayer.

Our text today provides us with insight into David’s prayer for mercy, with meditation on the excellencies of the Lord. His prayer was from a lowly heart by reason of his humility. David exemplified his littleness and weakness before God, noting that God was higher than him. Therefore, he besought Him to hear him. He felt himself unsafe except he was covered by divine protection. So, he requested for nothing else but mercy. His importunity in prayer was borne out of the fact that only God could supply good things and remove evil. This was the reason he looked to the Lord alone for joy.

How is your prayer before God? Remember that “the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise” (Psalm 51: 17).

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is the heart’s attitude, not posture, that counts when we pray.

***Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily by Ajibam: 8:40am On Aug 17, 2013
That's True,,,he deals with d heart ,,,
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily by hisableplc(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2013
Ajibam: That's True,,,he deals with d heart ,,,

you are on point its nt all about noise making but heart to heart communication with God...

(1) (Reply)

My Flight Experience. / ...muslim Men Protecting Acatholic Church In Egyptduring Mass » / DAILY MANNA Feeding On His Word Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.