Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Go Ahead And Boast - Winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Go Ahead And Boast - Winning Each Day Devotional (576 Views)

Post-dated Praise Part 2 - Winning Each Day Devotional / Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Go Ahead And Boast - Winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2 Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

GO AHEAD AND BOAST!

August 17, 2013

MEMORY VERSE: 1 Sam 17:37 David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine...

God is the Lion of the tribe of Judah and one attribute of the lion is His striking presence. The lion does not go into a place and remain unnoticed, he makes his presence known by roaring. A lot of Christians are adapt at fading into the background. They are often self effacing and do not see themselves as deserving of God's mercy.

It is time for Christians to start exhibiting their lion-like attributes by making their presence known everywhere they go. One way of doing this is by boasting. Boasting has often been associated with pride and we learn of the pitfalls of pride in 1 Sam 2:3, Prov 8:13, Prov 11:2, etc.

Thus, we are not to engage in boastful bragging rather, boasts should be in the Lord. Psalm 34:2 My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; The humble shall hear of it and be glad.

We are to boast in God's ability in us. Tell the world how impossible it is for you to fail, be oppressed or depressed because you carry the presence of the greater One. Let the world hear how special you are, so special that the King of glory died to save you.

There are people who have been strategically positioned to act on the words of your mouth. If you refuse to speak those words, you will miss out on a lot of opportunities (1 Sam 17:31). Your breakthrough might just be dependent on your next words.

It is important you know that when you boast in God's ability, people will become upset. Eliab was not pleased with David's enquiry (1 Sam 17) like people will not be pleased that you are declaring your children to be the smartest children alive. They will try to remind you of your childless state but do not be deterred; carry on with your confessions. Never allow the anger and jealousy of the Eliabs of this world shut your mouth; your voice must be heard.

CONFESSION: I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! I will never again be quiet when I ought to be speaking.

PRAYER: my words will always fall to the right ears in Jesus' name.

FURTHER READING: 1 Sam 17:30-40

(1) (Reply)

The Whole Armour Of God / What Jesus is / This Is In No Way Islamic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.