Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. (12813 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by malc619(m): 6:13am On Aug 18, 2013
^
cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 18, 2013
Som people n drag drag..Nigeria is for all whether from d east , west , north or south...y can't there b unity...Bunch of Racist tribalist...Som of U claiming Lagos are not Lagosians..U don't pay ur tax..u don't even av a plot of land in makoko swamp yet ure here dragging..if u like b yoruba 1 day fashola would deport u back to egun..offa..ibadan..oshogbo n all those ure crude stone age villages..I am Ibo but lemme nor talk sha..born n brut up in giddy Apapa..A law abiding Citizen of d Federal republic of Lagos state with law abiding parents n we pay awa tax...so please go n get married instead of whiling away ur tym hia....#Bunch of Deluded Savage Tribal warriors..#Barbarians mmttcchhew Smh angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Stop lying you this shameless ibo bigot. I saw through your bigotry and made that post to embarrass you and which I did.

So, ibos own 80% of this project? Don't you bigots have any shame? WE ARE THE FIRST TO BUILD ARTIFICIAL CITY IN NIGERIA and you ibos can never never beat that in hundreds of years to come.

Ogun state is equally building the tallest building in Africa and you.can never never ever beat that. Thesame 'Fasole and thiefnibu' are the ones doing what entire south east can never ever do. This is the Yoruba ingenuity and you ibos can only be spectators on this.

na wa o see as this old agbaya is dragging ahn ahn oga plis take it suffry it is a wa o...u would tink he was a 5 year old toddler that was explaining y his toy was more beautiful chai see what impoverishment causes God plis give him food n he should b like lemme say 35 years yet he's dragging for somtin he az no hand in..Ok yorubas built it...ibos are buying it we know that...u as omo egbe yoruba go n collect ur share free of charge na..awon buruku agbaya..na wa o..#Still in shock...dis is appalling..overgrown babies angry

2 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 18, 2013
Chikeziehosan: Som people n drag drag..Nigeria is for all whether from d east , west , north or south...y can't there b unity...Bunch of Racist tribalist...Som of U claiming Lagos are not Lagosians..U don't pay ur tax..u don't even av a plot of land in makoko swamp yet ure here dragging..if u like b yoruba 1 day fashola would deport u back to egun..offa..ibadan..oshogbo n all those ure crude stone age villages..I am Ibo but lemme nor talk sha..born n brut up in giddy Apapa..A law abiding Citizen of d Federal republic of Lagos state with law abiding parents n we pay awa tax...so please go n get married instead of whiling away ur tym hia....#Bunch of Deluded Savage Tribal warriors..#Barbarians mmttcchhew Smh angry angry angry angry angry

Just wait, dem go skin u alive for this post grin

@OP, nice pics I must say.

1 Like

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Kairoseki77: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Chikeziehosan:

na wa o see as this old agbaya is dragging ahn ahn oga plis take it suffry it is a wa o...u would tink he was a 5 year old toddler that was explaining y his toy was more beautiful chai see what impoverishment causes God plis give him food n he should b like lemme say 35 years yet he's dragging for somtin he az no hand in..Ok yorubas built it... ibos are buying it we know that ...u as omo egbe yoruba go n collect ur share free of charge na..awon buruku agbaya..na wa o..#Still in shock...dis is appalling..overgrown babies angry

You should buy a bus ticket back to your village and stop claiming Lagos.

No more chest beating! Let me wait for Gbawe to come and finish you.

1 Like

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Rhino5dm: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2013
Chikeziehosan:

[s] na wa o see as this old agbaya is dragging ahn ahn oga plis take it suffry it is a wa o...u would tink he was a 5 year old toddler that was explaining y his toy was more beautiful chai see what impoverishment causes God plis give him food n he should b like lemme say 35 years yet he's dragging for somtin he az no hand in..Ok yorubas built it...ibos are buying it we know that...u as omo egbe yoruba go n collect ur share free of charge na..awon buruku agbaya..na wa o..#Still in shock...dis is appalling..overgrown babies[/s] angry

Ndi ara!!

1 Like

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Rhino5dm: 9:47am On Aug 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You should buy a bus ticket back to your village and stop claiming Lagos.

No more chest beating! Let me wait for Gbawe to come and finish you.

You just have to beat a donkey over and over. You know the parasite is a shameless organism, always waiting for dead carcasses to feed on. Else, how a can a whole ethnic group be directionless, shameless and suffers collective acute low self esteem this way? Here you have Orji Kalu building mansions in Lagos with the money he looted from Abia State, here you have Peter Obi building one of the biggest shopping mall in Abuja, here again you have Ifaenyi Ararume building one of the biggest shopping mall in Abuja and the list is endless. I know Sam Egwu's(Former Governor of Ebonyi State) mansions in maitama Abuja, that property was sold to him by Buba Gyang(Former customs boss, when the EFCC were closing on him) at a mind blowing 1.6 billion naira. Mind you, this was as at 2003! Imagine what 1.6 billion naira will do to a poor state like Ebonyi, a state that is ranked below some boko haram ravaged states like Yobe? Yet you'd never see anyone condemning Sam Egwu.

If not for genetic deficiency, one would expect the goons to hold their leaders responsible, demand for capital development and accountability, but no they are only interested in what we pass out from our anus, our excreter to be boasting on. They are only interested in what 'Tinubu'(sic) brainstormed and cough out to be bragging on. None of them is protesting why an intellectual guru they believed sooo much on like Charles Soludo is currently being schemed out from contesting governorship election in Anambra. None of them is interested in knowing the useless logic behind T. A Orji wasting hundred of millions on media houses to polish his image, while a commercial town like Aba is in squalor. Goto Ariyariya market and weep for the real hardworking creative ibos and not these internet goons. Goto Ariyariya market in Aba and see potential Gucci and Gabbana, Prada, Giorgio Armani and what have you waiting for smallest assistance to explode.

Ironically, while their leaders are enjoying zero criticism, they shamelessly cultivate the habits of abusing TINUBU, a man that is arguably the most sophisticated politician in Nigeria. A dogged fighter that kept the ruling party sleepless, a man that gave us the likes of Fashola, Adams Oshiomole, Amosu, Rauf and other focused leaders.

We shall keep on supporting and protecting our leaders, as long as they maintained this wonderful path of taking us to the glory land.

5 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by HezronLorraine(m): 10:48am On Aug 18, 2013
masonkz:

Just wait, dem go skin u alive for this post grin

@OP, nice pics I must say.
Daalu oh,Oshe gan.
Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Horus(m): 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2013

2 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Horus(m): 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2013

Renders/Model of the Financial Center

2 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
While some others keep on with pointless tribal attacks, let me invest in my financial future, so that I and my future family will be able to afford to live in this emerging city.

At least no one will deny me space in Eko Atlantic because I am not Yoruba - I only need to be able to afford it.

*exits thread*

2 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by rosebowl01(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
HNosegbe: While some others keep on with pointless tribal attacks, let me invest in my financial future, so that I and my future family will be able to afford to live in this emerging city.

At least no one will deny me space in Eko Atlantic because I am not Yoruba - I only need to be able to afford it.

*exits thread*

Nobody will deny anybody their rights, nobody wanted to deny anybody their rights. But everybody has a right to defend themselves when attacked or insulted.
Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
HNosegbe: While some others keep on with pointless tribal attacks, let me invest in my financial future, so that I and my future family will be able to afford to live in this emerging city.

*exits thread*

The more the merrier. You are welcomed to buy a whole block at Eko Atlantic but don't call Lagos a no man's land. We don't like it.
Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Gbawe: 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2013

*exits thread*

Dissapointing input. One would expect you to be more objective than this. The context within which you mention Yoruba means you have pitched your tent with bias and not via reading the thread to understand issues properly.

No one here has stated your right to buy whatever you want, wherever you want, is under treat. Read the thread properly and comment appropriately. Hopefully you will take in the gist of the matter provoking anger here.

There is only so much deception insecure "we own everything" tribalists , in a cheap effort to 'pauperize' and disenfranchise others, should be allowed to get away with before the truth is flung in their bigoted face. That is what has hapened here so do not cause offence making it seem as if any Yoruba person has denied you of anything. This is nothing to do with you so don't make it so via insinuating wrongly that any Yoruba is encroaching on your fundamental right. That is offensive considering you did not take time to read the thread to see who caused offence and precisely how and why.

2 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Katsumoto: 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2013

*exits thread*

But why do you assume that those you accuse are not investing in their financial futures?

4 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
^
I have not assumed anything. My perspective here is simple: It is more important to focus on the benefits that will accrue to Lagos and Nigeria as a whole than to bother myself about "who owns what in Lagos". Such debates are ultimately irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Gbawe, contrary to your assertion I read every single comment on this thread before posting. And I expected you (and everyone else) to have assessed PapaBrowne's statements on its own merits rather than his posting history.

Also, when I said "no one will deny me space because I am not Yoruba" what I meant was that the project (and by extension the Lagos of the future) is one that will accommodate law-abiding and value-adding Nigerian citizens who will each play a part in turning Lagos into a world-class metropolis that will be the envy of the world. That has always been my stance.

As for those "provoking anger", I have always made a point of ignoring bigots (and those with bigoted tendencies) on this forum. Tribal wars on Nairaland cannot change the reality that we live together in Nigeria (until we decide otherwise, that is) and that we must make Nigeria work.

I really have no time to respond to bigots, and neither should you.

4 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Gbawe: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
Katsumoto:

But why do you assume that those you accuse are not investing in their financial futures?

Oga Kats, this is the crux of the matter. I have to laugh to myself here when bigots like Papabrowne lie that it is there kinsmen from the SS and SE who have bought all the highbrow areas of the Lagos Island. It was comical delusions of grandeur I was amused by and happy to indulge as someone who knows the truth and only found the lies and braggadocio comical. Yet, things have now gotten to an epidemic level where lies will be accepted routinely as the truth, because it is repeated often, if the Yorubas do not begin to speak up with facts and statistics.

Below is a man I know personally and regard an admirable mentor. Aside his numerous and substantial business holdings, he is head of the biggest Toyota franchise in West Africa. A great man and mind. You do not want to know his real estate investment in the most sought-after areas of the Island. The irony is that there are many, many, many Yorubas like him, far more than other ethnic groups, in Lagos who are high net worth individuals and captains of business/industry.

There is now something distinctly distasteful about how my thoughts of amusement at letting insecure kids delude themselves has prevented me seeing the damage these malicious liars are doing to the image of the Yorubas as a driven, entrepreneural and talented people.

The myth of SS/SE ownership of Lagos is one so ridiculous I have never felt compelled to address it. The substantive issue that has then arisen from this laid back attitude of myself and other Yorubas is that some scoundrels like the wretched Papabrowne now want to 'pauperize' and disenfranchise the Yorubas to be talking of some "ownership" that is in their mind. Here for example, what is more offensive than how he slyly bypasses Tinubu, the brain behind this and a major investor in the project itself, and did not mention one Yoruba business leader till I did and he then quickly parroted their names patronisingly after I had supplied it? When these fools are ready to do facts and statistics, not hearsay, I am ready.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=13757415&ticker=CUSTODYI:NL

Michael Ade Ojo OON, FNIMN

Chief Michael Ade.Ojo, OON, FNIMN is a Founder and Executive Chairman and a Director of a number of companies such as Elizade (Nig.) Limited, Crown Motors (Nig) Limited, Classic Motors Ltd and Odua Creations Ltd. Chief Ade.Ojo serves as the Chairman and Director of Baun Limited, Imperial Telecommunications Limited, Crown Drinks Limited and Moorhouse Sofitel Company Limited. He serves as the Chairman and Director of the Board of Custodian & Allied Insurance Plc. He founded Elizade Group of Companies in 1971 and serves as their Executive Chairman. He serves as the Chairman and Director of Toyota Nigeria Ltd. Chief Ade.Ojo served as the Chairman and Director of Courtville Investments Plc. He serves as Director of Meristem Securities Limited. He serves as a Director of First City Monument Bank Plc. He has been a Director of Eterna Oil & Gas plc. since October 7, 2005. He served as a Director of Ecobank Nigeria Plc. from September 15, 2006 to JUne 30, 2010. He serves as Deputy Chairman of Lagos Chamber of Commerce. On leaving the University, he worked with some multinationals including C.F.A.O (which had sponsored him in his last two years in the university) and the then British Petroleum (BP) now African Petroleum Plc. Chief Ade.Ojo is a recipient of a number of awards both at home and abroad. He was awarded the national honour of Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON) in 2005. Chief Ade.Ojo has attended several top management development courses including the Chief Executive Programme of the Lagos Business School. Chief Ade.Ojo graduated from the University of Nigeria, NSUKKA in June 1965 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.

2 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Gbawe: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
HNosegbe: ^
I have not assumed anything. My perspective here is simple: It is more important to focus on the benefits that will accrue to Lagos and Nigeria as a whole than to bother myself about "who owns what in Lagos". Such debates are ultimately irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Gbawe, contrary to your assertion I read every single comment on this thread before posting. And I expected you (and everyone else) to have assess PapaBrowne's statements on its own merits rather than his posting history.

Also, when I said "no one will deny me space because I am not Yoruba" what I meant was that the project (and by extension the Lagos of the future) is one that will accommodate law-abiding and value-adding Nigerian citizens who will each play a part in turning Lagos into a world-class metropolis that will be the envy of the world. That has always been my stance.

As for those "provoking anger", I have always made a point of ignoring bigots (and those with bigoted tendencies) on this forum. Tribal wars on Nairaland cannot change the reality that we live together in Nigeria (until we decide otherwise, that is) and that we must make Nigeria work.

I really have no time to respond t bigots, and neither should you.

Thanks for the explanation. This is why you are respected here. I did not judge Papabrowne on his previous utterances alone even as that presents him as a bigot and deluded fantasists. I took offence at his lie that he is privy to information that shows 90% of Eko Atlantic has been sold to "no-Yoruba" . Everyone knows why he lied like that and I only used his past post, riddled with delusions of grandeur, to validate his character and explain his current antic here.

He is another SS/SE "own" Ikoyi, VI, Banana Island fantasists and nuisance. To be honest, such lies are beginning to annoy even the most laid back and detribalised Yorubas. It was precisely the same "we own" or "we have bought everything" fraud he wanted sell with his lie about Eko Atlantic. He even slyly failed to mention Tinubu and his huge affiliated stake in Eko Atlantic to be talking about Ovia, Elumelu and the clown Kalu. Arrant nonsense.

I am not into Braggadocio but I can tell you that Papabrowne is deluded, a liar and a nobody. I think enough is enough of folks slandering the gracious and accomodating Yorubas with ridiculous lies emanating from, most times, insecure, bigoted and deluded minds.

2 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Katsumoto: 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
HNosegbe: ^

Gbawe, contrary to your assertion I read every single comment on this thread before posting. And I expected you (and everyone else) to have assess PapaBrowne's statements on its own merits rather than his posting history.

I really have no time to respond t bigots, and neither should you.

I agree with most of the above but I have other things to add.

1. While one may argue that Gbawe and others should respond only to Papabrowne's comments on this thread, it is never that simple. Papabrowne may have made comments in other threads that are antithetic or incompatible with the comments he made on this thread. I say may because I typically have decent debates with him (not that many actually).

2. Lagos is Yoruba land just as London is English land despite the presence of many Africans, E4urpeans, Indians, Pakistanis, Scottish, etc. It has reached a crescendo on this board and other online media where non-Yoruba, most Igbo, assert rather loudly that they own Lagos or Lagos is no man's land and that while they are buying up Lagos, they are also employing the Yoruba as their servants, drivers, etc. It has gotten to the point, where most Lagos indigenes, and other Yoruba in general have had enough and are responding to counter any lies or factual inaccuracies.

3. Tribal wars can and are changing the reality in Nigeria. I don't want to say more than necessary but something has awoken in Yoruba folks. Intolerance towards cultural differences will be Nigeria's downfall. Nigeria is changing and too many do not realize this.

4. Yes, there are times when it is necessary to respond to bigots. There are bigots who are intelligent and deceptive; ignoring is tantamount to committing suicide.

7 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Gbawe: 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
Katsumoto:

1. While one may argue that Gbawe and others should respond only to Papabrowne's comments on this thread, it is never that simple. Papabrowne may have made comments in other threads that are antithetic or incompatible with the comments he made on this thread. I say may because I typically have decent debates with him (not that many actually).

2. Lagos is Yoruba land just as London is English land despite the presence of many Africans, E4urpeans, Indians, Pakistanis, Scottish, etc. It has reached a crescendo on this board and other online media where non-Yoruba, most Igbo, assert rather loudly that they own Lagos or Lagos is no man's land and that while they are buying up Lagos, they are also employing the Yoruba as their servants, drivers, etc. It has gotten to the point, where most Lagos indigenes, and other Yoruba in general have had enough and are responding to counter any lies or factual inaccuracies.

3. Tribal wars can and are changing the reality in Nigeria. I don't want to say more than necessary but something has awoken in Yoruba folks. Intolerance towards cultural differences will be Nigeria's downfall. Nigeria is changing and too many do not realize this.

4. Yes, there are times when it is necessary to respond to bigots. There are bigots who are intelligent and deceptive; ignoring is tantamount to committing suicide.

Oga Katsumoto, you have said it all especially the part in bold above. You are fully up to speed with events. I used to bend over backwards to ignore them and I will probably go back to doing such soonest but some of thes fools are taking things too far with their ridiculous lies.

You don't want to know how many relatives and Yoruba friends/associates I have who live and run businesses in Ikoyi, VI, VGC Lekki, Banana Island et al only to come to cyberspace to read we "cannot" afford to live there and that SE/SS folks have bought it all 140% and other ludicrous claims!!!

I used to shake my head and think "How are some people comfortable telling these wicked and ungodly lies?" and then leave it at that. It is now clear inaction may be dangerous as they then have the monopoly of presenting the Yorubas in the image they have shaped for us and not what we actually are.

I have been shocked by some of the things i have seen on google search emanating from the Nairaland utterances of these hateful posters me and others used to think it was best to ignore. It is now obvious such lies must be discredited as much as possible lest posterity judge our inaction negatively.

5 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by agbameta: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
Katsumoto:

Very well articulated..

@ the highlighted..

They are able to throw garbage at us, insult us, insult our culture and way of life because of our worthy but sometimes too generous level of tolerance, the same tolerance and way of life they trash at will.

I know this time around they didn't see the ferocious Yoruba response coming, it's like enough is enough especially from crass ingrates with zero sense of communal tact and order.

3 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by agbameta: 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
Gbawe:

Oga Katsumoto, you have said it all especially the part in bold above. You are fully up to speed with events. I used to bend over backwards to ignore them and I will probably go back to doing such soonest but some of thes fools are taking things too far with their ridiculous lies.

You don't want to know how many relatives and Yoruba friends/associates I have who live and run businesses in Ikoyi, VI, VGC Lekki, Banana Island et al only to come to cyberspace to read we "cannot" afford to live there and that SE/SS folks have ought it all 140% and other ludicrous claims!!! I used to shake my head and think "How are some people comfortable telling these wicked and ungodly lies?" and leave it at that. It is now clear inaction may be dangerous as they then have the monopoly of presenting the Yorubas in the image they have shaped for us and not what we actually are.

I have been shocked by some of the things i have seen on google search emanating from the Nairaland utterances of these hateful posters me and others used to think it was best to ignore. It is now obvious such lies must be discredited as much as possible lest posterity judge our inaction negatively.

And I used to shake my head at that especially knowing that this brand of anti social behavior is part of their collective DNA, this is what they do everywhere they go, this is how they anger the folks up North and why they get slaughtered over and over again, but we keep bending over backward for them as if these ingrates really care.

Look at the situation with the deadbeat kalu guy in Lagos, the man broke the law, same law that millions of tax paying Lagosians have to abide by or face serious penalties, but because of emotional and tribal blackmail by the same folks, the governor bent over and ordered his house unsealed with 14 days grace period to do what other Lagosians must do at due time or face state sanctions. ...and as expected, the gesture wasn't appreciated or acknowledge, in fact, they returned with more tribal venoms and insults.

How long is this going to last? When are we going to get off this tribal and emotional blackmail roller coaster?

2 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Katsumoto: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Gbawe:

You don't want to know how many relatives and Yoruba friends/associates I have who live and run businesses in Ikoyi, VI, VGC Lekki, Banana Island et al only to come to cyberspace to read we "cannot" afford to live there and that SE/SS folks have bought it all 140% and other ludicrous claims!!!

I used to shake my head and think "How are some people comfortable telling these wicked and ungodly lies?" and then leave it at that. It is now clear inaction may be dangerous as they then have the monopoly of presenting the Yorubas in the image they have shaped for us and not what we actually are.

I wouldn't take the foot of the gas just yet.

Nigeria is changing and everyone must be prepared for what comes next.

4 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by AdmYamamoto: 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Gbawe:

Oga Gbawe, I like the points you made in your post and I will assume someone of your breath can help to further deepen on the ground responses in any way possible for example further sensitizing our people in Nigeria. After all you have said, and you write often on this forum, what else can I possibly tell you here that is new? One thing though we MUST do: help translate our thoughts into actions, influencing, sensitizing, educating our people and get these kind of things to the ears of our leaders so they can begin to enact policy with the current developments. As you will agree, there is no rational human who should stick to a path when the underlying reasons for the decisions (or path) has changed and is changing. The recent events in Nigeria should cause the Yorubas to start action. When we had our Premier, Chief Awolowo, perhaps the structure of governance and uniform policy made some administrative things easier but now, we have to be sure that all our State governors are on the same page - which maybe more tasking. However, we have to do all we must to preserve our future generations, lands, heritage, culture, customs, etc.

I spoke to a close family yesterday and somehow, a lot of the details escaped the person until I provided it. Of course, our education, sophistication and easy acceptance of others is a strength but we must recognize when it is a weakness and could work against us! The US is a very accepting country but they will preserve and protect their own interests first at any cost or consequence even if another country burns down. The Yorubas must move to that level. Lagos remains and will always be Yorubaland and part of our commonwealth. It is time we start actively protecting it, we will rent out our land at fair market rates but should never grant ownership or be deceived into such a mistake. We travel all over the world but even more people live at home and those who travel far know they want to return home sometime. We must protect with ours while Nigeria remains and ensure that our destiny, though in God's hands, but the part he has placed in our hands will never be sold, given away or lost to anyone and not for all the money in any part of Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by AdmYamamoto: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
Katsumoto:

I wouldn't take the foot of the gas just yet.

Nigeria is changing and everyone must be prepared for what comes next.

Highly seconded! I could not agree more! In fact, I will posit that an adversary will accord much more respect when he knows that the other party is ready to go to any extent possible to assert his position! We must demonstrate that our measured approach is not weakness but strength and the sooner they know that we will go to every extent, enact the most aggressive and unprecedented changes with actions, the sooner some madness will begin to cure themselves in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Horus(m): 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2013

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Horus(m): 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2013

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Horus(m): 12:18am On Aug 27, 2013

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 28, 2013
1 thing I like d yorubas, is that they re always d 1st to get sth,but d igbos at d end wud still get that same thing too and beat dem to it... Eko atlantic congratulations, let's hope they achieve u,,, all and all, may d BEST MAN WIN
Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by KnowAll(m): 9:27am On Aug 28, 2013
The good thing about Eko Atlantic City is, it does not have to be built going by Nigeria standard and way of conducting business. Normally such collosol amount spent on this dearing project would have being comfortable lodge in someone's account with nothing to show, d typical Naija way of doing things but d rulers, adminitrators, and those in charge of the purse of this illustrious state thought otherwise and give back to the state what Nigeria as a whole lacks. This singular act i must confess is highly commendable.

Today Our brothers in Anambra state are celebrating d wonderful shopping mall built by their Governor in Abuja, a mall that does not belong to d state, only God knows who the owners are, yet there is no commeserable mall like d one built in a hurry in Abuja anywhere in Anambra State.

Or is it our Nassarawa state Governor who spent an unbeleivable 1.5 billion on his sons wedding yet nothing on d ground to show there is any goverment in d state. This same man could not build a 20 million borehole in d state university. Let us give kudos to those in Lagos.
Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by Horus(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2013

Re: A Phoenix From The Ocean-the Making Of Eko Atlantic City. by HezronLorraine(m): 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
Horus thanks for updating this thread with ongoing developments.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The .Inspector General Of Police / Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road / Professionals Bombing Oil Installations – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.