Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (59443 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Can A City Be Commercial And Serene In Nigeria? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by TheDefender: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
What will be the status of this beautiful proposed city (Eko Atlantic City) in africa and the world in general after completion:
Will it be the most beautiful city in africa?
Will it boost the economy of Lagos to be the greatest in africa?
Will it be a tourist attraction for the world in africa?
Will it change the look of Lagos and Nigeria as a whole? and so many more.
Please share your view about it.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Afam4eva(m): 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
I've been hearing about this eko atlantic project but i don't know what it fully entails.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by TheDefender: 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva: I've been hearing about this eko atlantic project but i don't know what it fully entails.
Check details about it on their website: www.ekoatlantic.com, you will also find images and videos there. Or search eko atlantic city on wikipedia or other search engines for more information about it.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
Any pictures of work in progress?

1 Like

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by TheDefender: 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Any pictures of work in progress?
Check the website www.ekoatlantic.com for the beautiful pics of the city and construction works also more information about it.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Gbawe: 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2012
afam4eva: I've been hearing about this eko atlantic project but i don't know what it fully entails.

Go to the website below. Scroll to the bottom and view all 6 pages. You should get the gist. Certainly a place to live because it will be one of those prestige addresses everyone wants to be associated with like the Palms in Dubai. I.e an Architectural tour de force that will certainly compare favourably to others of its kind worldwide.

http://www.corporate-nigeria.com/index/fdi/in-focus-eko-atlantic.html?page=1
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Johndoe100(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
This is a project concieved with good intentions. However it is not in the UK or USA. It is here in Nigeria and will suffer the fate of everything else here in Nigeria.
At the end of the day just another upscale island address. There is nothing Nigerians do that does not have our characteristic attitude to things.

2 Likes

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by edoyad(m): 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2012
The Artist made no provisions for the Trailer loads of Almajiris that will poor in and litter the streets lol. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
Johndoe100: This is a project concieved with good intentions. However it is not in the UK or USA. It is here in Nigeria and will suffer the fate of everything else here in Nigeria.
At the end of the day just another upscale island address. There is nothing Nigerians do that does not have our characteristic attitude to things.

There are a couple of things in Nigeria that are doing pretty good. Its Government things that always fail. Many Private sector led things do pretty well!

This looks like one project that would stand the test of time!

3 Likes

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Johndoe100(m): 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
PapaBrowne:

There are a couple of things in Nigeria that are doing pretty good. Its Government things that always fail. Many Private sector led things do pretty well!

This looks like one project that would stand the test of time!

Where do all these people crawl out from? A private city in Lagos? This must be in the republic of NL. Anyway leaving aside the deluded, the place will be just like every other upscale place in Lagos. I am sure they will ban non yorubas from there. That should keep it looking like London.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rossikk(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
EKO ATLANTIC, PRIDE OF AFRICA - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Governor of Lagos State Babatunde Fashola, Vice President Namadi Sambo, and Gov Oshiomohle of Edo State inspecting progress at Eko Atlantic land reclamation site.

L/R Governor of Lagos State Babatunde Fashola discussing Eko Atlantic with Former United States President Bill Clinton, Ronald Chagoury Executive Chairman of Eko Atlantic, and Ronald Chagoury Jr.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rossikk(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
EKO ATLANTIC, PRIDE OF AFRICA - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2012
Johndoe100:

Where do all these people crawl out from? A private city in Lagos? This must be in the republic of NL. Anyway leaving aside the deluded, the place will be just like every other upscale place in Lagos. I am sure they will ban non yorubas from there. That should keep it looking like London.

Why and Why would you say that ? Is Lagos for yorubas alone ? Stop this bigotry already, I am Yoruba indigene of Lagos and Lagos is not from yoruba alone but for Nigeria. If you can afford to live there then by all means do ! What do you mean by ban non-yorubas from there ?

Johndoe, you too dey disappoint me ! angry angry angry
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
Rossike, thanks wink
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Funkymallam(m): 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem:

Why and Why would you say that ? Is Lagos for yorubas alone ? Stop this bigotry already, I am Yoruba indigene of Lagos and Lagos is not from yoruba alone but for Nigeria. If you can afford to live there then by all means do ! What do you mean by ban non-yorubas from there ?

Johndoe, you too dey disappoint me !

Yoruba indigene of Lagos?
Kai! Aboki na cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by edoyad(m): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem:

Why and Why would you say that ? Is Lagos for yorubas alone ? Stop this bigotry already,[b] I am Yoruba indigene of Lagos [/b]and Lagos is not from yoruba alone but for Nigeria. If you can afford to live there then by all means do ! What do you mean by ban non-yorubas from there ?

Johndoe, you too dey disappoint me !

Yoruba, Kanuri, South East all inside your body
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
Funkymallam:

Yoruba indigene of Lagos?
Kai! Aboki na cheesy cheesy grin

Abi na, Ore mi
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by OAM4J: 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by OAM4J: 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2012
edoyad:

Yoruba, Kanuri, South East all inside your body

yes o!
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 12:00am On Apr 18, 2012
I wonder, then it would be completed ? any info ?
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rossikk(m): 12:31am On Apr 18, 2012
^^Completed in what sense? No city is ever 'completed'. But we should start to see the place looking like some places in those pics by 2020 at least.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 12:41am On Apr 18, 2012
Rossikk: ^^Completed in what sense? No city is ever 'completed'. But we should start to see the place looking like some places in those pics by 2020 at least.

Hmm you are right about completion thing. What I meant is "What date would it be open for people to live on"

Also 2020 is too far,

By 2020, the world would have move to something better also the project might have been abandon before the time
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rossikk(m): 1:02am On Apr 18, 2012
alj harem:

Hmm you are right about completion thing. What I meant is "What date would it be open for people to live on"

It should be open for people to live on probably by next year or so!! That building being constructed (above) is just the first of many under preliminary construction stages.

Also 2020 is too far,

By 2020, the world would have move to something better also the project might have been abandon before the time

2020 is only 8 years from now. I don't see what will change radically in global urban design by then. Also, you must realise that this project is a massive undertaking by any standards. It's not gonna take 3 years!! Also, Abuja wasn't abandoned and is still being developed, 35 years after inception, so why will Eko Atlantic be abandoned after 8 years, especially with such heavy private sector involvement? If anything development will be speedier than Abuja. As we speak many companies, including major international conglomerates have already bought up huge swathes of land on the site with a view to start building...
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Musiwa: 1:07am On Apr 18, 2012
why are you posting this over and over. most of the land around that area are reclaim land. it is not new in lagos to reclaim land from the sea and build on it. why are you posting this. lekki area is reclaim land from the sea too. why keep on posting this. what different. explain to me.

lagos have been reclaim land from the sea in the last 25 years or more....like this.. go and find out.

1 Like

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 1:08am On Apr 18, 2012
Rossikk:

It should be open for people to live on probably by next year or so!! That building being constructed (above) is just the first of many under preliminary construction stages.

2020 is only 8 years from now. You must realise that this project is a massive undertaking by any stabndards. It's not gonna take 3 years!! Also, Abuja wasn't abandoned and is still being developed, 35 years after inception, so why will Eko Atlantic be abandoned after 8 years, especially with such heavy private sector involvement? If anything development will be speedier than Abuja. As we speak many companies, including major international companies have already bought up huge swathes of acres on the site with a view to start building...

I guess that is the good bit because they would not want their investment to go to waste. Let hope we Nigerians can afford the luxury as well.

BTW I think the government should build the houses rather than allow people to build it themselves, that way the site would be well planned.

Moreover the great wall of Eko is really not more than just stacks of concrete blocks.

Since we cannot stop water, I would expect them to direct the water or something, just saying. Thanks for the info smiley
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 1:09am On Apr 18, 2012
Musiwa: why are you posting this over and over. most of the land around that area are reclaim land. it is not new in lagos to reclaim land from the sea and build on it. why are you posting this. lekki area is reclaim land from the sea too. why keep on posting this. what different. explain to me.

lagos have been reclaim land from the sea in the last 25 years or more....like this.. go and find out.

Very true.

but their have to be an end to it someday

1 Like

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rossikk(m): 1:19am On Apr 18, 2012
alj harem:

I guess that is the good bit because they would not want their investment to go to waste. Let hope we Nigerians can afford the luxury as well.

BTW I think the government should build the houses rather than allow people to build it themselves, that way the site would be well planned.

Actually how it will work is that the private sector will build most of those structures but in accordance with the blueprint/masterplan as shown above. They will not be allowed to deviate from the masterplan. In any case, no company is going to spend $100 million acquiring land there, only to erect a puny $2 million structure, so you can be sure the place WILL end up looking the way it shows on the pics.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 1:22am On Apr 18, 2012
Rossikk:

Actually how it will work is that the private sector will build most of those structures but in accordance with the blueprint/masterplan as shown above. They will not be allowed to deviate from the masterplan.

OK !! I see, but the government (Lagos state) would still have to build some of the houses themselves. It would be nice if the FG can join money into this project to make it go faster.

I hope for the best. May God grant out wishes smiley
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Beaf: 1:22am On Apr 18, 2012
This is a very good project. I was sceptical initially, but Fashola seems to be in full gear with it.

Nice.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Musiwa: 1:24am On Apr 18, 2012
the issue of getting investment is how much is lagos willing to put into marketing this project. o ni bi ti wo ma se se.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rossikk(m): 1:24am On Apr 18, 2012
alj harem:

OK !! I see, but the government (Lagos state) would still have to build some of the houses themselves. It would be nice if the FG can join money into this project to make it go faster.

I hope for the best. May God grant out wishes smiley

Those two identical buildings to the left are said to be Lagos State govt buildings bordering the canal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures / Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra: The Easiest Way To Stop Fulani Herdsmen / Marginalization: MURIC Alleges Foul Play As Igbo, Yoruba Dominate Sokoto List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.