Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse (902 Views)

M.I Abaga VS Kendrick Lamar / Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York / Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by timecop28: 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
Earlier this week, Fast rising Compton rapper Kendrick Lamar delivered some vicious and atrocious lines on Big Sean's left over song from his previous album 'Control' where he called out some of his rap mates and also referred to himself as the king of New York.
This events shook the Hip-hop world as a lot of Hip-hop fans had mixed reactions over the verse. Since he dropped the very daring and controversial lines, a number of responses have come out from different rappers mostly east coast rappers since the release of the song on Monday. Some of the rappers who have risen up to the challenge are Lupe Fiasco, B.O.B, Joell Ortiz, Papoose, Cassidy e.t.c. even the comedian Kevin Hart had something to say.
Out of all these responses, which MC do you think came off hardest? for me, I give it Slaughterhouse's Joell Ortiz.

"It was brave, you took a chance like Monopoly cards//But that Telly you tryna check in, boy that property is ours/Can't get a W(hotel) on Broadway/ I'm New York all day"
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
illest verse in a long wile 2 cum....cant get tayad ov listenin 2 k.dot's part...big sean nd electronica wer impresiv 2
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 18, 2013
Kendrick lamar all day,man! smiley
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by timecop28: 10:21am On Aug 18, 2013
Babiloko: illest verse in a long wile 2 cum....can't get tayad ov listenin 2 k.dot's part...big sean nd electronica wer impresiv 2
I bet you listened to K.dot's verse over and over before giving Jay Electrnica's part a listen.grin. Have you heard the replies from rappers that chirped back? Let me know your thought.
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by timecop28: 10:26am On Aug 18, 2013
mayapop: Kendrick lamar all day,man! smiley
He managed to upset dem New York rappers..listen to Papoose's response to Kendrick..He went in, hard and personal on d song. He also dissed BigSean, Kanye and Drake.
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28: I bet you listened to K.dot's verse over and over before giving Jay Electrnica's part a listen.grin. Have you heard the replies from rappers that chirped back? Let me know your thought.
i listend 2 j.electronica's part n lyk i said b4 it was impresiv....k.dot is d oly reason i cnt stop listenin 2 dat song
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by Owobobrown(m): 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
expecting Joe ,b.o.b reply
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by timecop28: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
Owobo brown: expecting Joe ,b.o.b reply
They already did, I mean with barz. Joe Budden is the latest to hop on the train. Here is B.O.B's response http://sirkenayo.net/music-b-o-b-how-to-rap-kendrick-lamar-response/ you could find the other responses there, and feel free to share your thoughts here afterwards.
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28: They already did, I mean with barz. Joe Budden is the latest to hop on the train. Here is B.O.B's response http://sirkenayo.net/music-b-o-b-how-to-rap-kendrick-lamar-response/ you could find the other responses there, and feel free to share your thoughts here afterwards.
listened 2 joe budden's response alredy..dude was takin it personal..m waitin 4 dose names dat lamar mentiond 2 reply...lyk k.dot said " d juggernaut's al in ur jugular,if u take im 4 jokes"

2 Likes

Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by timecop28: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
Babiloko: listened 2 joe budden's response alredy..dude was takin it personal..m waitin 4 dose names dat lamar mentiond 2 reply...lyk k.dot said " d juggernaut's al in ur jugular,if u take im 4 jokes"
Yup yup..but I doubt if any of those he mentioned would fire direct shots at him, the best they would do is to throw subliminals..Only Pusha-T is sure to go extra. Besides, the verse is more is more of a tribute to those folks than a diss. Dats why d ones he ignored shld be more concerned.
Kendrick played it safe by shouting out the heavyweights from east coast (Jigga & NAS). My opinion
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28: Yup yup..but I doubt if any of those he mentioned would fire direct shots at him, the best they would do is to throw subliminals..Only Pusha-T is sure to go extra. Besides, the verse is more is more of a tribute to those folks than a diss. Dats why d ones he ignored shld be more concerned.
Kendrick played it safe by shouting out the heavyweights from east coast (Jigga & NAS). My opinion
kendrick didnt play anytin safe...pls go n listen 2 his verse agen... I agree dat was nt a diss
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by timecop28: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Babiloko: kendrick didnt play anytin safe...pls go n listen 2 his verse agen... I agree dat was nt a diss

Well he tagged himself the king of New York, then gave a shout out to the real kings of New York. You can't just call yourself the king of New York when Nasty Nas is still alive. He takes such very seriously. It was the genesis of the beef between Nas & Jigga back then. Biggie & Nas had a beef cos of the same title with shots fired at Biggie on Nas's "The message". My point is Kendrick specially separated those who would really get mad at that careless line.
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by timecop28: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
Jay-Z co-signed him by the way. Like they say, you don't bite the hands that feed. Dats playing it safe i think.
Re: Your Best Response To Kendrick Lamar's 'control' Verse by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Joell Ortiz

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help / VIDEO:Phyno – O Set ft. P-Square / Music: Olamide – Hood Rap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.