Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York (27667 Views)

M.I Abaga VS Kendrick Lamar / Who Is Best Rapper In Nigeria ? -- Yung 6ix Declares Himself Best Rapper / Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by baslone: 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hip-hop music was built off of competition and Kendrick Lamar gave fans and artists alike a reminder of what it is like to take rap's battlefield.

On Monday night, Big Sean dropped "Control," a leftover track originally recorded for his upcoming Hall of Fame, and it featured Jay Electronica and a fiery verse from K-Dot. After proclaiming himself the king of New York (and the west coast) Kendrick name-dropped a gang of his rap friends, but he wasn't so nice about it.

"I'm usually homeboys with the same n----s i'm rhymin with/ But this is hip-hop and them n----s should know what time it is/ And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale/ Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake/ Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller/ I got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you n----s/ Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you n----s/ They don't wanna hear not one more noun or verb from you n---as," the Black Hippy MC rapped with an extra grit to his already

"I hear u loud and clear my n---a... @kendricklamar," Pusha T tweeted right after the song was released.

Rap artists from all over have since been flooding Twitter weighing in with their own reactions since the track debuted on New York DJ Funk Master Flex's Hot 97 radio show. "I never really tweet about music. But good lord.. @kendricklamar just like.. Bodied everyones entire year's worth of raps lol," Just Blaze wrote in awe.

Veteran hip-hop producer Pete Rock crowned the performance "illest verse of the year," while Missy Elliott took to the social networking site to thank the good kid for forcing rap artists "2 be Lyrical and have substance again."

Bun B also applauded the young MC. "Every rapper is supposed to feel like Kendrick feels as far as wanting to murder n---as on the mic. That's why I wrote my 'Murder' verse," he wrote referencing his 1996 track with fallen UGK partner love-vendor C.

Not everyone was a fan however, in particular Lupe Fiasco. "Y'all know y'all easily impressed. Bar so low you need a shovel to get at it," he wrote from his private account before he humorously ghost wrote rap responses for MCs like Drake, Jay Z and Rick Ross. Joe Budden questioned the pride of Big Apple MCs. "A Cali n---a just said he's the King of NY & u n---as so f---ing worried about your relationships, y'all make me sick," he messaged. "Where's old NY !!"

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Mynd44: 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
Let's be honest, he is actually better than those guys na

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
Saw this somewhere earlier, he somehow managed to avoid sounding too condescending

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Indifferent(m): 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mynd_44: Let's be honest, he is actually better than those guys na
seconded. That guy is just 2 good.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
I'm Makaveli's offspring, I'm the king of New York, King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both... Yeah Boi.. !

ALL HAIL KING KENDRICK

TDE, HII POWER, YA BISH

19 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Bimpss(f): 3:51am On Aug 14, 2013
Meanwhile Jay-z and Naz are like:

Kendrick be like grin

Honestly Nobody saw that coming!!!! grin grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 5:12am On Aug 14, 2013
All The Response So Far Been Weak... Except For Ortiz.. But Kendrick Still Winning

Compton 1 , New York 0

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 14, 2013
I don't see that as beef,just advice when it was REALLY needed!
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by ebamma(m): 6:15am On Aug 14, 2013
sorry kendrick, but i still prefer drake's kind of rap, a king does not say i am the king, Jay z will not even like to answer u sef, cos he will be giving u free publicity

6 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by baslone: 6:32am On Aug 14, 2013
K-dot is the man of the moment. Jay is my man but I will rather say Magna Carta Holy Grail wouldn't, mind any sort of Lamar's publicity.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nomski0(f): 6:59am On Aug 14, 2013
Bimpss: Meanwhile Jay-z and Naz are like:

Kendrick be like grin

Honestly Nobody saw that coming!!!! grin grin grin
This was exactly what i was thinking about. grin grin grin
kendrick is just asking for trouble. When these so called níggas team up against him he'll end up like ja rule that beefed his way out of the rap game.

4 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 7:01am On Aug 14, 2013
Who cares if Jay z doesnt respond, kendrick already killed him on biitch dont kill my vibe, and he will do it again, and

this coming from a JAY Z FAN... kendrick is too much for these new and old cats, He's HUNGRY..

go listen to overly dedicated, section 80..

5 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Goldie20: 7:05am On Aug 14, 2013
Nomski0:
kendrick is just asking for trouble. When these so called níggas team up against him he'll end up like ja rule that beefed his way out of the rap game.

Psssh.. team up against who? lol, it seems like you just started listening to kendrick.. Kendrick already beat nas for best lyricists .. c'mon let be real, nas is dope no lie, but we need to stop living in the past.. He's Passed it.. only good verse nas dropped lately was that let nas down remix.. he's album was eh, same with jay z , most of these new york rappers ain't been doing shit.. kendrick just gave em a wake up call..

HIP HOP needs this kinda friendly competition right now.. and even if they team up against him, trust me , ain't no one wanna involve TDE.. TDE will murk the whole rap game
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by FulaniBOII(m): 7:10am On Aug 14, 2013
Lol, Twitter got mad with like 3 topics on kendrick trending top 10 worldwide. This dude is here to stay.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by obowunmi(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2013
He was referring to new niggas in the game. Not Jay and Nas.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Mynd44: 9:32am On Aug 14, 2013
obowunmi: He was referring to new niggas in the game. Not Jay and Nas.
You know peeps always love igniting non existing beef.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by baslone: 10:04am On Aug 14, 2013
Meanwhile in other news. . . . .

Joe Budden And Styles P Beef Over ish Kendrick

The heat from Kendrick Lamar's verse on "Control" has spilled over into Twitter beef between Styles P and Joe Budden. The NY rappers started taking shots at each other on Twitter after K. Dot referred to himself as the "King of NY."

Styles first said that the people called out by Kendrick should have responded by today at noon. This prompted Joe Budden to tell Styles that he should have been one to respond. "@therealstylesp he called out everybody. U included." The update by Joe was later removed.

Styles P then went in on Joe Budden, calling him an Internet celebrity. "1st and foremost I have never acknowledged any kings but biggie ny or not ny 2nd of all don't play with me I f--- sh-- up!" adding," lyrically and physically so chill and save your Internet bullsh-- 4 the next ninja."

Styles then claimed that he and Joe aren't even friends, so he'd prefer if Joe not @Reply him on Twitter at all. "Just don't @ me talking like we folk if we ain't!" he wrote.

The two ended up leaving it pretty much at that although P added that he was open to scrapping with anyone off-Twitter. "I'm open to any scrapping behind closed doors with no law involved though!"
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by demelza: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2013
Nomski0:
There's no trouble involved here. Kdot just resurrected the beef in rap and it was about time someone did that. Enough of the kumbaya and collaborations, let these rappers have a go at each other and lets see the lyrical genius among them.
I heart you Kendrick

5 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nomski0(f): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2013
Goldie20:

Psssh.. team up against who? lol, it seems like you just started listening to kendrick.. Kendrick already beat nas for best lyricists .. c'mon let be real, nas is dope no lie, but we need to stop living in the past.. He's Passed it.. only good verse nas dropped lately was that let nas down remix.. he's album was eh, same with jay z , most of these new york rappers ain't been doing shit.. kendrick just gave em a wake up call..

HIP HOP needs this kinda friendly competition right now.. and even if they team up against him, trust me , ain't no one wanna involve TDE.. TDE will murk the whole rap game

No, i didnt just start listening to Kendrick, he's good, really good. But starting up a rap war is really dangerous to his career now, he's so young......it makes me remember rappers i loved while growing up that killed their bright rap future with beefs they beefed everyone and everything. I just hope he knows what he's getting into because if everyone is out to bring him down i dont see how he'll survive.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Mynd44: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2013
Am I the only one who smells The Game's hands in this?

Kendrick is good but coming to take a swipe on all NY cats is not something I expected.......

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2013
Kendrick wants to be THAT nigga and I think he can but I didn't see control as a Diss. He was saying what a lot of these other cats think BUT out loud. I love competition and God knows that the rap game needs more of it and creativity and hopefully, these rappers won't take it as a WEST vs EAST thing.

Why should I recycle bars when my mind is a flight to Mars?
Any force I came across was like rhyming inside a star
With the Universe on my back, your human verses is wack
I grab my extraterrestrial testicles when I rap
And tell Earth suck it, tell the planet try it
I turn this b*tch into Independence Day without the lucky drunk pilot - Joell Ortiz went in tho

3 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Olucheye(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2013
Rap just got better now!
We're tired of the crazy lil flows we've been having all in our ears. Imaginary money, Zero cars, fake bitches.

Its time for the babies to give us the realest punchlines. Enough of Nouns and verbs....... Sick adjectives yo!

Btw, anything RICHGANG Rocks....... YMCMB Believe that!!!!!!!!
Kendrick thumbs up......

BOTTOMLINE; Craziness has got its moderation..no wonDer he didn't mention the lyricials sickest in the game Lil wayne, Kayne the god, Boss Eminem, Daddy Nas too

WHEN I HEARD THE DISS THO..............What came to my mind was??

4 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
Wetin concern us with dis topic? is it gonna put employment letters on d desk of the 40million unemployed youth in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by iamswizz(m): 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
hahaha..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Andyblaze: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
dvdon: Wetin concern us with dis topic? is it gonna put employment letters on d desk of the 40million unemployed youth in Nigeria.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Andyblaze: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
dvdon: Wetin concern us with dis topic? is it gonna put employment letters on d desk of the 40million unemployed youth in Nigeria.
Zombies eat brains, you are safe

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by DICKtator: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
I love Kendrick Lamar.

Really love his Section 80 mixtape.

Ronalregan(his evils)
rigamortis

Now Good kid.maad city

Kendrick is tha shyttte

N.Y. has nothing on him

But he jocked M.I. style though!!!
You know they both look alike!!!!

or wait!!!!
Kendrick is M.I's alter ego!!!

He is the same person as M.I.!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by otumfour(m): 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
THE RAPPERS WHO'S NAMES WEREN'T MENTIONED SHOULD BE THE 1'S WORRIED, HE JUZ PAID RESPECT TO THE RAPPERS HE MENTIONED

KENDRICK IS THA SHYT NOW

NAS WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST THO

4 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by FulaniBOII(m): 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
lol

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Seanixking: 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
undecided
Mynd_44:
You know peeps always love igniting non existing beef.
who is kendrick

3 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by baslone: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2013

Dude, stay off drugs!!!!

Didn't you see the topic before you clicked on it. Abi dem force you.

Dry abeg!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. / Tiwa Savage Floors Danny Young In Copyright War As "One" Returns To Youtube / Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.