Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy (24072 Views)

How Churchill Met Tonto Dikeh And The Controversy So Far! / It’s Burna Boy’s New Swag! See The Star’s 2015 Look [see Photos] / “my Music Will Take Me Very Far, Not Showing Skin”-victoria Kimani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by dondumexx(m): 1:37am On Aug 18, 2013
Terry G explained this phenomenon in a recent interview with Sun.

Your personality means different things to different people. Who actually is Terry G?
Terry G is just a businessman, and a man who has chosen a path to follow. He is a crazy entertainer on stage, up to date and energetic.

When you first came to the industry you referred to yourself as Mr. Bling Bling, later it was Ginger, Akpako Master, and now you said people should call you Lucifer (devil)?
A lot of people got it wrong. Nevertheless, I’m in support of controversy. I knew it was going to cause controversies. What I actually meant was ‘look, see far’; meaning I’m seeing ahead. I told my crew members that it was going to generate controversies and I’m enjoying it.

See more of the interview......

You need to make certain clarifications about your personality. Perhaps, due to your energetic stagecraft and lyrics, some people perceive you to be an addicted Indian hemp smoker?
Well, these things are attached to secular music. Everybody doesn’t do it but I think 99 percent of us are seen doing it. The fact about life is that everything has control. There is a reason for everything. If you ask me, it doesn’t have to do with the fact that people say I take Indian hemp. It has to do with the talent that I have. If I take Indian hemp and I’m not creative or naturally intellectual, it won’t work. Besides, if you look at it, I’m not the only one.

How do you write your songs? Where does the inspiration come from?
I was born in the ghetto; in Iju area of Lagos. I will say my environment inspires me. I’m a very down-to-earth person. I relate with the people you don’t expect, just because I have an agenda. I’m a businessman and my market strategy is the streets, so I have to relate with the street to get my content. Basically, my environment inspires me.

You are adjudged one of the best beat makers in Nigeria. How do you feel?
I have been a producer even before I started singing. I play all the musical instruments, so I’m full of sounds and creativity. I don’t write my music, the beat is the inspiration behind my freestyles and songs. This is because I make the beats before I sing, so my beat inspires me.

You don’t write your songs?
I have never written any of my songs. I only do freestyle. You can ask anybody close to me. It is an imagination, a magnetic memory. The environment itself helps. You just need to decide on the topic first, then everything in your memory comes to play. You can use creative words that are not existing, add them to the ones that exist to make a good sound.

What’s the meaning of Akpako?
Akpako means scope. Interviewing me now means you’re nacking your akpako. Your akpako is journalism. As a lawyer, you nack your akpako when you’re in court. My own akpako (scope) is music. So, if I’m referring to a girl that ‘tile make I nack you akpako…’ that means I’m making sexual conversation with her.
http://dondumex..com/2013/08/why-people-call-me-lucifer-terry-g.html

1 Like

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by magnetik(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
U try.
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2013

Even Lucifer go see the bony knee run quick quick commot!

1 Like

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by soloxxng: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
k nah... We don hear

1 Like

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by dotcomnamename: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
undecided
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by jessMena(f): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
Look see far indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
destino24: .
_

You be Lucifer
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by supreme104: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
AM I THE FIRST TO COMMENT??
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by bright007(f): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
hmm
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Jayses(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
J
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by 9jahubcom(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
jessMena: Look see far indeed!
you go fear
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Adex097: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Who is terry G
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by baggylips(m): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Kk..odimma
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Adex097: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Jayses: J
BUSTED!!!
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Okuda(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
Anyi Bu Tata Terri G. MSchew
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
dondumexx: Terry G explained this phenomenon in a recent interview with Sun.

Your personality means different things to different people. Who actually is Terry G?
Terry G is just a businessman, and a man who has chosen a path to follow. He is a crazy entertainer on stage, up to date and energetic.

When you first came to the industry you referred to yourself as Mr. Bling Bling, later it was Ginger, Akpako Master, and now you said people should call you Lucifer (devil)?
A lot of people got it wrong. Nevertheless, I’m in support of controversy. I knew it was going to cause controversies. What I actually meant was ‘look, see far’; meaning I’m seeing ahead. I told my crew members that it was going to generate controversies and I’m enjoying it.

See more of the interview......

You need to make certain clarifications about your personality. Perhaps, due to your energetic stagecraft and lyrics, some people perceive you to be an addicted Indian hemp smoker?
Well, these things are attached to secular music. Everybody doesn’t do it but I think 99 percent of us are seen doing it. The fact about life is that everything has control. There is a reason for everything. If you ask me, it doesn’t have to do with the fact that people say I take Indian hemp. It has to do with the talent that I have. If I take Indian hemp and I’m not creative or naturally intellectual, it won’t work. Besides, if you look at it, I’m not the only one.

How do you write your songs? Where does the inspiration come from?
I was born in the ghetto; in Iju area of Lagos. I will say my environment inspires me. I’m a very down-to-earth person. I relate with the people you don’t expect, just because I have an agenda. I’m a businessman and my market strategy is the streets, so I have to relate with the street to get my content. Basically, my environment inspires me.

You are adjudged one of the best beat makers in Nigeria. How do you feel?
I have been a producer even before I started singing. I play all the musical instruments, so I’m full of sounds and creativity. I don’t write my music, the beat is the inspiration behind my freestyles and songs. This is because I make the beats before I sing, so my beat inspires me.

You don’t write your songs?
I have never written any of my songs. I only do freestyle. You can ask anybody close to me. It is an imagination, a magnetic memory. The environment itself helps. You just need to decide on the topic first, then everything in your memory comes to play. You can use creative words that are not existing, add them to the ones that exist to make a good sound.

What’s the meaning of Akpako?
Akpako means scope. Interviewing me now means you’re nacking your akpako. Your akpako is journalism. As a lawyer, you nack your akpako when you’re in court. My own akpako (scope) is music. So, if I’m referring to a girl that ‘tile make I nack you akpako…’ that means I’m making sexual conversation with her.
http://dondumex..com/2013/08/why-people-call-me-lucifer-terry-g.html

i think nairaland need new set of mods.
Seeeeeuuuuuuuunnnn, do sometin fast

2 Likes

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Iaz93: 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by phil5(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
So?
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by gerrardomendes(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
lucifer,look see far, belzeebub,dragon,serpent,satan,devil. who cares? as long as u cant stop ASUU strike,am not interested. attentiion seeker

1 Like

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by destino24(m): 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

You be Lucifer

don't let me call Yuzedo
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by scobaba: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
U can only run run run pass terry G when you run maaaaad.

Lol...ds guy is just krasy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
Just a thought, why is it that the people that quote the whole article end up saying nonsense. undecided

12 Likes

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by omotayokay: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
thanks for sharing
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Goldenheart(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
He was on dope lol...
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Youngzedd(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
4bobo:

i think nairaland need new set of mods.
Seeeeeuuuuuuuunnnn, do sometin fast

Nawaaaaaaa.
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Goldenheart(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
This guy is on dope mehn....am gonna nack some akpako outta here.
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by dagentility(f): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mad musician
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by mascot87(m): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
spongeback: Just a thought, why is it that the people that quote the whole article end up saying nonsense. undecided
Tile tile make I nack you apako cheesy
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by IAMBREEZY: 9:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
That's interesting shey.
Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
But who really cares, we ve always known Terry G as a LUNATIC so free him. Oh oh oh I meant "Look At Tics" mtcheeeeeeew.

11 Likes

Re: Terry-G ' Meant 'Look See Far & Not Lucifer But He Enjoys The Controversy by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
nawa oooo,666 things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Never Arrested Or Invited Teebillz — NDLEA Says As Teebillz Set To Fight Back / The Most Beautiful Black Woman In The World With Pics / Annie Idibia And Her Daughters Pose For The Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.