Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods (1300 Views)

Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / A Humble Truth About Atheism That Shames Many Theists / A Christain Student Shames His Athest Professor! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by plaetton: 6:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Genesis 11:1-9
King James Version (KJV)

1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name( A shem), lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men buildeth.

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Whatever the Abrahamic religions have pretended to be, the above passages in Genesis clearly portrays and betrays them for what they really are: a tool for for division and confusion that robs humanity of dignity, freedom and the use of his thinking and creative abilities.

It is quite interesting here, and even shocking that we see an omni omni designer and creator of the universe expressing deep fears and insecurities about the adventurous spirit and creative and collaborative potential of a free and united humanity.
He then openly discusses with his colleagues, or the two other parts of himself, as trinitarians would make us believe, to confound, confuse, divide and seperate humanity simply out of fear.
The gods were afraid, the gods were insecure about the power and potential of the human intellect.
If that does not strike everyone as odd, then nothing will.

Now Fast forward to circa 1998, many many millenia later:

The International Space Station is an orbiting laboratory and construction site that synthesizes the scientific expertise of 16 nations to maintain a permanent human outpost in space.

While floating some 240 miles (390 kilometers) above Earth's surface, the space station has hosted a rotating international crew since November 2000.

Astronauts and supplies are ferried by the U.S. space shuttles and the Russian Soyuz and Progress spacecraft. Astronauts who reach the facility aboard one of these missions typically live and work in orbit for about six months.

Simply by spending time in orbit, astronauts reveal much more about how humans can live and work in space. Crews have learned the difficulties of diet, in a world in which their sense of taste is decreased, and of getting a good night's sleep while secured to a non-floating object.

But the crew is also occupied with a full suite of scientific experiments, the ongoing improvement and construction of the station, and a rigorous regime of physical training. Astronauts must exercise for two hours each day to counteract the detrimental effects of low gravity on the body's skeleton and circulatory system.
-National Geographic

2 Likes

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by plaetton: 6:22am On Aug 18, 2013
^^^^^
So, After eons of time swimming in the dark waters of ignorance and superstition, humankind has slowly bu t gradually woken up, stretched out hands of friendship and unity, and spoken , once again, with one loud voice to say; Yes we can, yes we can build ourselves a SHEM(rocketships) to reach the heavens, and occupy our rightful place as children and citizens of the stars.

Lets all give a standing ovation for the human rebellious spirit, human ingenuity and human collaborative potential and human unity.

3 Likes

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by plaetton: 6:28am On Aug 18, 2013
^^^^^^
...And a thumbs down to the gods for robbing humanity of dignity and his rightful place in the stars.

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 18, 2013
Mankind has achieved great things with science....

Allah, Yahweh and other Gods have never given man any progress towards well being and technological advancement.

1 Like

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by plaetton: 6:35am On Aug 18, 2013
....and Lest we forget,
here are for the gods.

1 Like

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by bolaino(m): 8:05am On Aug 18, 2013
Lol, At last something fun. @op, the story of the tower of babel speaks volumes about the bible and it's stories. Let's look at it from a metaphorical perspective and from a literal one.

From the literal one, how could a God be scared of people building a tower that would get high into the heavens, how feasible is that. Unless the writers of the bible believed that the biblical God was residing in the skies and that if the tower could get high enough into the skies it would inadvertently get to heaven and meet the Gods,

And from the metaphorical perspective, this story goes to show that from the biblical God's perspective, there is no freewill, unlike christians say, the biblical God curbed what he considered was the excesses of the children of men, he did not want their knowledge to be broadened, he wanted them to still remain in an ignorant state, and that my brethren, speaks volumes about the kind of deity the biblical God is.

1 Like

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Omexonomy: 8:25am On Aug 18, 2013
You quote the abrahamic books to buttress ur insult yet you do not believe in God.
****I GIVE UP****
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Dzany(m): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2013
@op,
biblical stories are allergory......
Get that into your skull man!!
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by mazaje(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2013
Dzany: @op,
biblical stories are allergory......
Get that into your skull man!!

Christians don come again ohh. . .Everything in the bible is now an allegory. . .Adam as Eve story is now said to be an allegory, tower of babel, Moses in Egypt, soon in a few decades the story of Jesus crucifixion will be said to be an allegory as well. . .

@ OP

Interesting topic. . .Now Yahweh has ran away to outside space and time according to the apologist who serve as his mouth piece. . .

1 Like

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Dzany(m): 9:20am On Aug 18, 2013
@mazaje,
i'm not a christian.......
Get that into your skull matey!.....
I dnt give 2f**k about any religion.......

Yes......98percent of biblical stories are allergory ............do you actually think moses parted a real water or adam and eve were the first peeps on earth
even Jesus teachings were all in parables.............do u think Jesus physically rose frm the dead?
Peeps like you just read the bible on the surface level and take ur frustrations on xtain..........
Seek man, and you shall find......
I dnt have the time to babysit anybody on biblical teachings....enjoy your indolence!!!
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by mazaje(m): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2013
Dzany: @mazaje,

Yes......98percent of biblical stories are allergory ............do you actually think moses parted a real water or adam and eve were the first peeps on earth
even Jesus teachings were all in parables.............do u think Jesus physically rose frm the dead?
Peeps like you just read the bible on the surface level and take ur frustrations on xtain..........
I dnt have the time to babysit anybody on biblical teachings....enjoy your indolence!!!

Bla , bla, bla sheep have you any wool?. . .
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Dzany(m): 9:58am On Aug 18, 2013
grin cheesy
mazaje:

tongue
mazaje:

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 18, 2013
God dey endure o... Inspite of all these heart rendering brouhahas from men, he won't destroy em, he still love em so dearly.

Praise be to Jehova! The King of kings and Lords of lords, the Omni potent, Omni scient, Omni present, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Unchangeable changer, the Mighty man in battle, the Creator of the heavens and the earth...

Imela, Gabaidu, Kabiyesi, Wola ukolo, Sansanu...

1 Like

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by MrTroll(m): 10:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Dzany: @mazaje,

guy you funny o. You say 98% of biblical stories are allegory? Care to show which ones are, and the 2% which aren't? If you are not a christian how then can you accuse others of reading the bible on the surface level? Sounds like their normal defense to me o. Anyway, you say Jesus didnt physically rise up from the dead? I'd be happy to see a christian who would agree with you on that.

In other words, guy you are full of sh.it!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by MrTroll(m): 10:12am On Aug 18, 2013
emmysenior: God dey endure o... Inspite of all these heart rendering brouhahas from men, he won't destroy em, he still love em so dearly.

Praise be to Jehova! The King of kings and Lords of lords.
hehehehehehe. Your god is scared man. We now have cameras and internet....dohohohohohohoho! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 18, 2013
Mr Troll: hehehehehehe. Your god is scared man. We now have cameras and internet....dohohohohohohoho! cheesy

He owns the earth and if he wishes, he will fold the world and all other things including the whole technological innovations in it and put it in his pocket.

Jesus christ loves you bro! *hugs*
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Dzany(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2013
Mr Troll: guy you funny o. You say 98% of biblical stories are allegory? Care to show which ones are, and the 2% which aren't? If you are not a christian how then can you accuse others of reading the bible on the surface level? Sounds like their normal defense to me o. Anyway, you say Jesus didnt physically rise up from the dead? I'd be happy to see a christian who would agree with you on that.

In other words, guy you are full of sh.it!!! tongue
well.....it's not my duty to show you whats allergory or not.......to what end?
Bet the xtains never knew Mary had se.x before Jesus was concieved....like i care if they agree with me or not.

Dnt insult me nxt tym......E-slap is jst a click away!
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by jmoore(m): 11:00am On Aug 18, 2013
Dzany:
Bet the xtains never knew Mary had se.x before Jesus was concieved....like i care if they agree with me or not.

Both of you are of the same pack. smh
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by AlfaB: 11:04am On Aug 18, 2013
Logicboy03: Mankind has achieved great things with science....

Allah, Yahweh and other Gods have never given man any progress towards well being and technological advancement.

If you think commandeering a donkey is a small feat, try it.
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by AlfaB: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2013
Omexonomy: You quote the abrahamic books to buttress ur insult yet you do not believe in God.
****I GIVE UP****

His message is for those that still believe.
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by AlfaB: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2013
emmysenior: God dey endure o... Inspite of all these heart rendering brouhahas from men, he won't destroy em, he still love em so dearly.

Praise be to Jehova! The King of kings and Lords of lords, the Omni potent, Omni scient, Omni present, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Unchangeable changer, the Mighty man in battle, the Creator of the heavens and the earth...

Imela, Gabaidu, Kabiyesi, Wola ukolo, Sansanu...

Or maybe there is no god. Same result.
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by AlfaB: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2013
emmysenior:

He owns the earth and if he wishes, he will fold the world and all other things including the whole technological innovations in it and put it in his pocket.

Satan won't let him. Now who do you think is more powerful? Eh?
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2013
plaetton: ....and Lest we forget,
here are for the gods.

Amen to that! Yahweh probably is dead right now,he left millions of orphans at the mercy of the pastors.
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 18, 2013
Even the christians cannot do without technology grin. Yet they shout " things of the world" !
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2013
They made sure we had religion to make us think they are superior to us. Millions of poor souls are busy worshiping them now. sad
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by jmoore(m): 11:24am On Aug 18, 2013
ifeness: Even the christians cannot do without technology grin. Yet they shout " things of the world" !

Christians invent things too. smh
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2013
the biblical god is just as wise as the primitive men that wrote his story.the story of the tower of babel n it's attempt to explain the diversity of tribes n languages as we see it today is just so ridiculous.how could a wise god think that man cud build a tower reaching heaven?what a wise god wud hv done is to abandon them to the impossible mission they had set on.it baffles me dat god didnt know dat even if d entire mass(d lithosphere,asthenosphere,mantle,core) of d earth were exhausted to build a tower,it won't reach a quintillionth of d distance to heaven.mumu god!

2 Likes

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Judas2013: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2013
Beretta92: the biblical god is just as wise as the primitive men that wrote his story.the story of the tower of babel n it's attempt to explain the diversity of tribes n languages as we see it today is just so ridiculous.how could a wise god think that man cud build a tower reaching heaven?what a wise god wud hv done is to abandon them to the impossible mission they had set on.it baffles me dat god didnt know dat even if d entire mass(d lithosphere,asthenosphere,mantle,core) of d earth were exhausted to build a tower,it won't reach a quintillionth of d distance to heaven.mumu god!

Certainly that god isn't a spirit. Spirits got no interest in anything like the Tower of Babel. That god was in plural( gods). They called them gods because they had advanced technology that baffled the primitive men. Imagine us today finding out the planet where the christian gods operated from. That would be awesome! Will make the christians and muslims look silly. Then we will find the burial tomb of the famous yahweh grin

1 Like

Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by plaetton: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
On the last shuttle disaster some years ago, a famous Moslem cleric was celebrating because he had reasoned that god had not given us permission to leave the earth.
lol
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
Omexonomy: You quote the abrahamic books to buttress ur insult yet you do not believe in God.
****I GIVE UP****

lol cheesy
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
Where is Obadiah? Duty call man! You got people to backlash with iron rod leading them straight to hell.

Advocate666.....welcome more souls in hell too.

Hahahaha
Re: The Int. Space Station:Again, Mankind Speaks With One Voice And Shames The Gods by MrTroll(m): 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
emmysenior:

undecided

I support gay rights man, but I'm not gay.
«««««««««« This way to the romance/sexuality section.
Dzany:

sorry man, my mistake. I thought you were human...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fifteen Signs Of False Humility / Vine Said Homosexuality Is Not A Sin / Can A Child Of God Drink Alcohol, At Least Little?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.