Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe (771 Views)

Lai Mohammed Replies Goodluck Jonathan On Arms Deal Investigation / Amaechi’s Deputy Defects To PDP, Says “APC Is A Party Of Rebels, Founded On.." / BOMBSHELL!!! Obasanjo Attack On Jonathan!!! Mallam Idris Mohammed Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by Gbawe: 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
http://abusidiqu.com/?p=17205

APC is a Party of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Relies Okupe
Posted By Editor On 18th August, 2013. Under POLITICS

APC LogoThe All Progressives Congress, APC has said it is not a party interested in the politics of brickbats but politics of issues, adding that it is out to do things differently.

Reacting to a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Public Affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe who was the guest of the week at Liberty FM radio in Kaduna yesterday, spokesman of the APC, Lai Mohammed said: “Nigerians are not interested in the expiration of either APC or PDP; what Nigerians are interested in is the politics of issues.

Okupe has carpeted the APC saying the PDP will not lose sleep over the coming of APC.

According to Okupe, “APC cannot last more than a year. This is a party that is formed on faulty foundation, this is a party that has come together not for the interest of the country. APC is formed not because they want to help Nigeria but because they want power and self-aggrandisement. The leaders of the APC want to expand their frontiers and they want to expand their business empires.”

But according to APC spokesman in his reaction said ”Nigerians wanted to know why the PDP should deserve their votes again after 14 years of mass failure in every facet of administration. They wanted to know why, after 14 years of PDP, there is still epileptic power supply; they wanted to know why, after 14 years of PDP, our safety and security cannot be guaranteed, why over 400,000 barrels of crude oil are being stolen on the watch of the PDP daily, why corruption has become a monster on the watch of the party.”

He continued: “Nigerians want to know why we cannot feed ourselves again? Why millions of our youths are still roaming the streets looking for jobs that are not there? These are the questions Nigerians are asking the PDP.
We are on a rescue mission and we would not allow any distraction. It is not about Tinubu or Buhari. What APC would do differently when it comes to power is in our manifestoes which would be unveiled soon.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by taharqa: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
Lol...since when?? grin
Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
tel me sumtin i dnt no lipsrsealed
Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by FreeGlobe(f): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
Gbawe the Old nairaland unrepentant bigot and chief peddler of false hood on Nigerias largest forum has come again with junks from ignoble elements like lie Muhammad. smh
Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by vatoslocos: 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
The PDP has no answers to the questions raised by mohammed. Ask of how to share the money, and you'll get an appropriate answer from PDP.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by FreeGlobe(f): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
vatos locos: The PDP has no answers to the questions raised by mohammed. Ask of how to share the money, and you'll get an appropriate answer from PDP.
That may be because Tinubu singularly shares the money of APC
Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Exactly.

These are the kind of responses I want to see from the APC. Discuss the issues of the day. Talk about the failures of the party in power, the massive deceit, corruption and waste in governance, the refusal of the govt to think up innovative ways to solve our infrastructural crisis.

These are the things the APC should keep harping on (while showing us how they'll do better) rather than resort to Okupe-style name-calling and abusive, uncouth language.

I'm encouraged.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by touch4mony: 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
vatos locos: The PDP has no answers to the questions raised by mohammed. Ask of how to share the money, and you'll get an appropriate answer from PDP.
apart from lagos which of the 12 states controled by the opposition is better off than d pdp states
Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by Gbawe: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2013
HNosegbe: Exactly.

These are the kind of responses I want to see from the APC. Discuss the issues of the day. Talk about the failures of the party in power, the massive deceit, corruption and waste in governance, the refusal of the govt to think up innovative ways to solve our infrastructural crisis.

These are the things the APC should keep harping on (while showing us how they'll do better) rather than resort to Okupe-style name-calling and abusive, uncouth language.

I'm encouraged.

To be honest, I too want the APC to keep this up. They should focus on speaking about issues and specific plans they have for Nigeria/Nigerians in a multi-format way everyone will be able to understand.
Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by takedat(m): 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
HNosegbe: Exactly.

I'm encouraged.
I quite agree with you. The mischievous ensnaring, fault finding, political tantrums and frequent whinings must be discontinued for serious, sensible constructive debates and brainstorming to move the Nation forward. The current trend of each party trying to find cause to blame the other for one incident or the other is most disgraceful and speaks volumes of the type of pseudo-enlightened politicians we have in Nigeria to rule us. Enough of the shadow boxing, bluster and vitriolic from the Presidential crybabies and members of the opposition.
Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by softwareman(m): 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
FreeGlobe:
That may be because Tinubu singularly shares the money of APC
and this is your own contribution, how you just felt like posting something even if it complete nonsense.
at least TINUBU is not master minding the theft of Nigerian oil to buy weapons for militants in case he loses the 2015 election.

Nigerians are fed up with the poverty development party that has failed to deliver this past 14 years. the diffrence between APC and PDP can be seen in the south west where their misrule of eight years has been wiped out with 2/3 years of real progress under APC.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by softwareman(m): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
touch4mony: apart from lagos which of the 12 states controled by the opposition is better off than d pdp states
the best comparison is to take states PDP and APC has ruled before and do a comparison of the progress under each partty's rule.
if you do this for states such as OGUN, OYO, OSUN, EDO, EKITI.
if you do a proper analysis, we will see there is no basis for comparison. the diffrence is like comparing darkness with light.

1 Like

Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by Garrithe1st: 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
software man:
the best comparison is to take states PDP and APC has ruled before and do a comparison of the progress under each partty's rule.
if you do this for states such as OGUN, OYO, OSUN, EDO, EKITI.
if you do a proper analysis, we will see there is no basis for comparison. the diffrence is like comparing darkness with light.

I stayed in Edo. State (for my University Education) between 2004 and 2008/2009. Till date I'm still a regular visitor to Edo State. That was the beginning of my Pro-ACN stand. I can authoritatively tell you that as far as Edo state is concerned, comparing PDP to ACN/APC is like comparing night to day. Forget about the sly attempt of PDP rats and flies to quickly say "we are all the same". Nothing can be farther from the truth than that assertion. It's a vain attempt to bring down a truly progressive movement to the abysmal level of a retrogressive party that has bequeathed nothing to Nigerians but poverty, hardship and backwardness.

That said I commend Lai Mohamed for this fine write-up and encourage him and the APC to keep up the good work. I pray Festus Kenyamo is able to get the APC ticket of Delta State and rescue her from the clutches of backwardness and darkness which has been the lot of the good people of the state for over 14 years of PDP rule.

Yes, Mr Garri has spoken!!!

cool cool
Re: APC Is A Party Of Issues, Not Brickbats, Lai Mohammed Replies Okupe by Gbawe: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Garri the 1st:

I stayed in Edo. State (for my University Education) between 2004 and 2008/2009. Till date I'm still a regular visitor to Edo State. That was the beginning of my Pro-ACN stand. I can authoritatively tell you that as far as Edo state is concerned, comparing PDP to ACN/APC is like comparing night to day. Forget about the sly attempt of PDP rats and flies to quickly say "we are all the same". Nothing can be farther from the truth than that assertion. It's a vain attempt to bring down a truly progressive movement to the abysmal level of a retrogressive party that has bequeathed nothing to Nigerians but poverty, hardship and backwardness.

That said I commend Lai Mohamed for this fine write-up and encourage him and the APC to keep up the good work. I pray Festus Kenyamo is able to get the APC ticket of Delta State and rescue her from the clutches of backwardness and darkness which has been the lot of the good people of the state for over 14 years of PDP rule.

Yes, Mr Garri has spoken!!!

cool cool

I think Keyamo is now out of the gubernatorial race. It appears he has settled for the Senate. He is running under the APC and i do not know if his decision to shelve his gubernatorial ambitions may be connected with news that there may be ongoing 'merger' talk between the APC and the current Party platform of Great Ogboru.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Too Quiet And Too Patient, Has To Be Very Decisive To Succeed, Tofa / Without PDP There Would Be No Democracy In Nigeria Says President Jonathan / Revolution Is Not The Way To Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.