Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Microbiologists forum - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Microbiologists forum (2639 Views)

Microbiologists; Career Advice / Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. / Thread For Microbiologists In QC Labs In Pharmaceutical Companies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microbiologists forum by Ayandaseyi(m): 4:09am On Aug 19, 2013
mirobiologists in the house pls contribute
Re: Microbiologists forum by daisyella: 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lol. I'm a microbiologist 2 in final year though. What do u mean by any hope? If u r sure of what u learnt in school? D career opportunities for a microbiologist is broad. Medical field, research institutes, food producing companies, pharmaceutical companies, cosmetics industry, environmental, etc. Juz pray for God's favour. Gdluck smiley

2 Likes

Re: Microbiologists forum by ayokenny37(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks 4 ds thread. Pls wot professional cources can 1 do in microbiology in niaja?

4 som1 dt has hnd?
Re: Microbiologists forum by bennybaba(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
greatest mcbites...
Re: Microbiologists forum by Thekeeper(m): 11:14am On Aug 21, 2013
Of d Greatest microbes...we welcome all d E.coli,shigellas,klebs,staphs,enterobacters....including d virulents n fungals to dis forum. .your input will go a long way in creating awareness on d beauty n prospects of microbiology..i still remember with nostalgia,my student days in d uni,will delve on that some other time..just to make folks aware,microbiology finds application in many fields especially in d fmcg and medical fields.microbiologists work as quality control officers in many industries as well as consultants to multinational coys-as a matter of fact,one of my profs is a consultant to mobil and he has really done well 4 hm self in that area.microbiologists can also choose to pursue further research where they hone skills that make them better equipped to work in NGOs like d world health organisation,UNICEF et al...all in all,due to d obiquitous nature of microbes,microbiology finds application in almost all fields of human endeavour, ranging from agriculture to bio weapons(lol) used in warfare. . . . .when i have d time,i shall initiate a discuss on recent discoveries and ongoing research in d field....CIAO

2 Likes

Re: Microbiologists forum by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
The_keeper: Of d Greatest microbes...we welcome all d E.coli,shigellas,klebs,staphs,enterobacters....including d virulents n fungals to dis forum. .your input will go a long way in creating awareness on d beauty n prospects of microbiology..i still remember with nostalgia,my student days in d uni,will delve on that some other time..just to make folks aware,microbiology finds application in many fields especially in d fmcg and medical fields.microbiologists work as quality control officers in many industries as well as consultants to multinational coys-as a matter of fact,one of my profs is a consultant to mobil and he has really done well 4 hm self in that area.microbiologists can also choose to pursue further research where they hone skills that make them better equipped to work in NGOs like d world health organisation,UNICEF et al...all in all,due to d obiquitous nature of microbes,microbiology finds application in almost all fields of human endeavour, ranging from agriculture to bio weapons(lol) used in warfare. . . . .when i have d time,i shall initiate a discuss on recent discoveries and ongoing research in d field....CIAO
hi, how are you? Am a laboratory science student due to graduate july but been held back by ASUU. I major in microbiology and from your write up you are knowledgeable, i wish we can have a convo to discuss issues relating to mcb. My dream is to apply my skills outside the hospitals.
Re: Microbiologists forum by Ayandaseyi(m): 12:50am On Aug 28, 2013
greatest mcbites, as this same world we are is concerned, as another fields of science may warn out in time but microbiology remain forever till the end of this world. i say this with no any apology that microorganism and micobiologists are the major system controlling the metamorphose of the world. job dey, rejoice u are in the fold of Pseudomonas aeruginosa
Re: Microbiologists forum by usaration: 1:00am On Aug 28, 2013
Emzybrown:
hi, how are you? Am a laboratory science student due to graduate july but been held back by ASUU. I major in microbiology and from your write up you are knowledgeable, i wish we can have a convo to discuss issues relating to mcb. My dream is to apply my skills outside the hospitals.
emzybrown u r welcome any day, anytime.. it's d reason d thread was created.. whr do u school if i may ask?
Re: Microbiologists forum by daisyella: 4:00am On Aug 29, 2013
Ayandaseyi: greatest mcbites, as this same world we are is concerned, as another fields of science may warn out in time but microbiology remain forever till the end of this world. i say this with no any apology that microorganism and micobiologists are the major system controlling the metamorphose of the world. job dey, rejoice u are in the fold of Pseudomonas aeruginosa
lOL @ rejoice u are in the fold of Pseudomonas aeruginosa
Re: Microbiologists forum by mercifull(f): 11:52am On Aug 29, 2013
Hello,pls r there schools in Nigeria that offer pharmaceutical microbiology?
Re: Microbiologists forum by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
Don't think oooo but i need to research on that cos its my choice for MSc though there is a deficiency of information regarding that online. What do guys think about the prospects of biotechnology, molecular biology and genetical engineering in naija.
Re: Microbiologists forum by shemdoe: 10:39am On Aug 30, 2013
daisyella:
lOL @ rejoice u are in the fold of Pseudomonas aeruginosa

LOLs just passing by... you reminded me of my micro professor we used to call him pseudomonas because of the way he pronounced it...i really enjoyed micro and willing to pursue msc in microbiology after medical school
Re: Microbiologists forum by PilotOz(m): 11:05am On Mar 09, 2015
need help, does Microbiology involve a great deal of chemistry? planing on majoring in it
Re: Microbiologists forum by seunnb: 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
There is a great future in the field of microbiology. Just make sure you come out with a good grade and with God and fervent prayer its gonna be a success story. Opportunities avail in Medical, pharmaceutical, Food , research , NGOs , Water industries etc. I work in a FMCG and its really interesting with path for career path and success. Cheers
Re: Microbiologists forum by seunnb: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
I see that the forum is not been updated regularly. we should make it interactive by bringing up topics or challenges at work so the microbiologist can contribute, share and learn especially with this fast rising technologies available. This are not what we learnt in skool.
Re: Microbiologists forum by bigmom: 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
microbes in the house wake up,
Re: Microbiologists forum by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 10, 2015
Montedo reporting for duty! Ive practised microbiology all my short professional life. It has been exciting; all one just has to do is take it a step at a time. When ure experienced and very competent, the sky is the limit. In this field, theres nothing as valuable as hands on experience. Wherever u can get it, do so quickly!

2 Likes

Re: Microbiologists forum by fashoo2010(m): 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
mercifull:
Hello,pls r there schools in Nigeria that offer pharmaceutical microbiology?
u can do it at ur master level. U can join the discussion here http:// www.nairaland.com/2534039/thread-microbiologists-both-graduates-experienced
Re: Microbiologists forum by Pamelayoung: 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Microbiology is a waste of time and money.
Re: Microbiologists forum by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
Pamelayoung:
Microbiology is a waste of time and money.
Did you study the course
Re: Microbiologists forum by IamLOBA(f): 8:02am On May 15, 2019
Good morning fams! Please I was given this seminar topic "Environmental viral pool" and av been trying to search for what it means but I couldn't get a clue. Can anyone help me out? Thanks
Re: Microbiologists forum by phillippians(m): 9:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
Thekeeper:
Of d Greatest microbes...we welcome all d E.coli,shigellas,klebs,staphs,enterobacters....including d virulents n fungals to dis forum. .your input will go a long way in creating awareness on d beauty n prospects of microbiology..i still remember with nostalgia,my student days in d uni,will delve on that some other time..just to make folks aware,microbiology finds application in many fields especially in d fmcg and medical fields.microbiologists work as quality control officers in many industries as well as consultants to multinational coys-as a matter of fact,one of my profs is a consultant to mobil and he has really done well 4 hm self in that area.microbiologists can also choose to pursue further research where they hone skills that make them better equipped to work in NGOs like d world health organisation,UNICEF et al...all in all,due to d obiquitous nature of microbes,microbiology finds application in almost all fields of human endeavour, ranging from agriculture to bio weapons(lol) used in warfare. . . . .when i have d time,i shall initiate a discuss on recent discoveries and ongoing research in d field....CIAO

I have a first degree B.Sc Microbiology, currently working in a hospital, fresh graduate, am underemployed if u know what I mean (When hospital employ you cos they can't pay a Med. Lab scientist) some of my colleagues have gone back to school to study pharmacy but instead of me to go back to school to study pharmacy with another 4 years plus, I rather apply for DE medicine and surgery. Let me know what am suffering for. Please does anyone know how I get into Medicine, Unilag precisely? Am from Edo state, heard Unilag discriminates alot against non-indigene. My number is 08100254826, whatapp message is allowed

(1) (Reply)

20 Year-old Nigerian Becomes The Youngest Commercial Pilot In Nigeria & S.A. / What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? / Professional Courses In Chemical Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.