Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

How Can I Make Him Open Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Make Him Open Up? (1057 Views)

Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up / Young Widows Open Up On Their Life And Séx / I Am Not Yet Ready For Motherhood. (how Can I Make Him Understand?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make Him Open Up? by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 19, 2013
He's really quiet and secretive... undecided
I'm really not comfortable with this..
Buh he's funny and nice... tongue
But the issue is that I've had nasty experiences wwith quiet people, they can be professional pretenders angry ...
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by greatgod2012(f): 4:54am On Aug 19, 2013
duffie: He's really quiet and secretive... undecided
But the issue is that I've had nasty experiences wwith quiet people, they can be professional pretenders angry ...

If he his nice and funny, then, that is his person. Not everyone can and should be outspoken. I will advise you to accept him the way he is and stop looking for what is not lost, lest you regret your action.

However, if he seems to be too secretive about what concerns your relationship or the two of you, then, humbly ask him the questions in such a way that he'll not be humiliated or embarrassed. All you need is understanding him and treating him accordingly.
May God help you both.
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by Kanwulia: 5:54am On Aug 19, 2013
*Deleted*
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by mysticgal(f): 7:06am On Aug 19, 2013
be open yourself and tell him you discomfort of his quietness.
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 19, 2013
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by bellong: 7:49am On Aug 19, 2013
When he finds enough reasons to trust you, he will open up to you.

Be yourself and do your best in making the relationship work. Men do not have that skill of pretense for too long, if he is pretending, you will surely know with time. You will see the red flags. If it is his nature to be quiet, then he is putting you under test to be sure he can trust you with everything.

Patience is the key, do not rush him to start opening up to you if the relationship started not long, he will see you as being desperate or with ulterior motive.

In summary, learn patience and take things step by step. It is well with you
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 19, 2013
chaircover: Maybe that is his nature. . . . .

If it doesn't go down well with you, tell him, but dont expect to be able to change him, if that is indeed his nature.

You are going to have to decide if you can live with this or not, but dont hold him to ransom in 5 years time, because he has shown you his nature now.

Thankk yoou
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by mascot87(m): 8:10am On Aug 19, 2013
Dont push him else u will lose him.Be patient with him and also be yourself.He also need to trust u,just prove that to him.I broke up wit one of my gf bc of this,her mum pushed her to ask me 2 propose to her just 3months in2 d relatonship,i fled grin
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 19, 2013
bellong: When he finds enough reasons to trust you, he will open up to you.

Be yourself and do your best in making the relationship work. Men do not have that skill of pretense for too long, if he is pretending, you will surely know with time. You will see the red flags. If it is his nature to be quiet, then he is putting you under test to be sure he can trust you with everything.

Patience is the key, do not rush him to start opening up to you if the relationship started not long, he will see you as being desperate or with ulterior motive.

Thank you
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by slimyem: 8:37am On Aug 19, 2013
How can you make anyone be anything they are not?
Don't be so bothered about him for not opening up especially of that's the way he is. That's like being bothered about someone who is being real.
Opening up your soul to someone,letting them into your spirit, thoughts, fears, future, hopes, and dreams means
being nakked and can be scary. Give him time to trust you and decide that you are worth it.
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by greatgod2012(f): 9:37am On Aug 19, 2013
chaircover: Maybe that is his nature. . . . .

If it doesn't go down well with you, tell him, but dont expect to be able to change him, if that is indeed his nature.

You are going to have to decide if you can live with this or not, but dont hold him to ransom in 5 years time, because he has shown you his nature now.

Yes, she has to decide if its what she can live with, especially if they aint married yet, she really has to decide if its what she can live with, so that, it does not become basis for divorce after marriage, because, if that is his person, there is every likelihood for him not to change or to be changed by her.
It is well with you o
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by greatgod2012(f): 9:42am On Aug 19, 2013
bellong: When he finds enough reasons to trust you, he will open up to you.

This is another angle, maybe he hasn't found you trustworthy enough to be opened to, but as you have said, with patience, time and trust, you will get to know each other better.
Re: How Can I Make Him Open Up? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
duffie: He's really quiet and secretive... undecided

I think you should consider enjoying your life instead of focusing so hard on his needs and in the process ignore yourself. I know the relationship is very important to you but this idea of getting him to open up looks like tough work to me and you making him look more important than you. Enjoy whatever he is able to offer and if he can't meet your emotional needs be conscious of the fact you cannot change him so be prepared to move on.

(1) (Reply)

God Directs Me To Impregnate Married Women And Their Daughters- Pastor(pic) / Scottish Teen Dies In ‘ice Bucket Challenge’ Tragedy / Virginity: Burden Or Honour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.