Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,159 members, 7,860,146 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:47 AM

Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope (13164 Views)

Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? / 'i Am A Talent Hunter, I Put Talents In Office' - Tinubu Brags / Ebola Scare: Policeman Flees After Mistaking Eboka For Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by ajasa4link: 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kslib: How you go mistake person for antelope!!! Na wa oo
.. Make the man come tell me how the two pictures below two take resemble..
Nonsense!!!
All izz well!!
Chai bros u wicked o...u dey juxtapose Mr.uncle.Oga Seun pics with antelope... ur case dey kangaroo court o
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by xynerise: 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
Tayo114: Does human look like antelope?
Yes na. Them plenty for NL grin
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by Afritop(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
THE CRIME COULD BE TAKEN AS MANSLAUGHTER
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by psalmsen(m): 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Afro connect: Nice one by the police force.
Intelligence gathering,infiltration of ghetto areas,Mosques and other flashpoints where cultists and gangs smoke weed by under cover police and inelligence officers is the key to nip crime in the bud.
When you hang out in weed joints and beer parlours,a lot of information you get.
Pls the Nigerian police should invest more on surveillance and intelligence gathering to make Lagos safer for all.
Yes o
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by xynerise: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
joeydozzy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

XYNERISE , If you're still alive say something undecided
Ediot grin
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by bright007(f): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kslib: How you go mistake person for antelope!!! Na wa oo
.. Make the man come tell me how the two pictures below two take resemble..
Nonsense!!!
All izz well!!
...gringringringringringringringringrin omo you no well ooo..Na seun pissure you take do comparison!....gringringringringringrin...I don laugh sote oxford,MIT, cambridge wan join ASUU strike.

1 Like

Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by bright007(f): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by Jakumo(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
Only a person who has never hunted in thick bush would imagine it to be impossible for a person to be mistaken for an animal. The truth of the matter is that hunters do frequently mistake fellow hunters for animals because it is very rare that the whole animal is visible to a hunter, meaning that experienced hunters learn to open fire when they see just a glimpse of movement, so as not to miss the chance of a kill, when the quarry is running through undegrowth.

Matter of fact, the risk of accidental shootings is significantly greater when experienced hunters are invloved, than when novice hunters are present, because the more experienced hunters have trained their shooting reflexes to respond instantly, when an incomplete sight picture is spotted, whereas new "trainee" hunters would be more likely to refrain from shooting until they see the complete animal, which is a very rare situation in thick bush.

Speaking as an avid hunter who, in the heat of "buck fever" some years back, once let fly a double blast of buck-shot close enough to snap a twig which grazed a fellow hunter in the neck, I can attest to the absolute horror that comes over the shooter who hears a human scream after shooting at what appeared to be an animal.

2 Likes

Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by ugoezeik(m): 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
Tayo114: Does human look like antelope?
yes, some human look also like gorilla n goat, if U̶̲̥̅̊ doupt me ask one oba Wey raped nysc coup member in one of our western state
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by Ishilove: 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jakumo: Only a person who has never hunted in thick bush would imagine it to be impossible for a person to be mistaken for an animal. The truth of the matter is that hunters do frequently mistake fellow hunters for animals because it is very rare that the whole animal is visible to a hunter, meaning that experienced hunters learn to open fire when they see just a glimpse of movement, so as not to miss the chance of a kill, when the quarry is running through undegrowth.

Matter of fact, the risk of accidental shootings is significantly greater when experienced hunters are invloved, than when novice hunters are present, because the more experienced hunters have trained their shooting reflexes to respond instantly, when an incomplete sight picture is spotted, whereas new "trainee" hunters would be more likely to refrain from shooting until they see the complete animal, which is a very rare situation in thick bush.

Speaking as an avid hunter who, in the heat of "buck fever" some years back, once let fly a double blast of buck-shot close enough to snap a twig which grazed a fellow hunter in the neck, I can attest to the absolute horror that comes over the shooter who hears a human scream after shooting at what appeared to be an animal.
I don't understand why human beings shoot animals for sport. It is sheer wickedness angry

1 Like

Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by bockey(m): 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
only God knows the intention of the hunter. R.I.P to the dead.
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by ajasa4link: 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ishilove:
I don't understand why human beings shoot animals for sport. It is sheer wickedness angry
kill for sport ke? Africans kill bush meat to eat ni o....if it's sheer wickedness do u eat beef that is gotten from killed cow?...all those wildlife conservation over there will not work here jare,Africa's got no vegy
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by temhab(f): 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
d guy with seun picture hav u 4gotin rule no 10! LDKM4H grin
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by iyatrustee(f): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
joeydozzy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

XYNERISE , If you're still alive say something undecided

You beat me to this! cry cry cry
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
Siga: ....Na wa for u oo... comparing Seun and Antelope... grin

WAT DA FU-CK
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
[quote author=Kslib]who is the handsome dude?? Na you?
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by warlei(m): 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
Wow are there antelopes in the west
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by Flygerian1(m): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
I wonda how human been com take resembu Antelope undecided
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by supereagle(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
Not experienced and skillfull in hunting. It may not be issue of bad blood. I am a hunter,there are rules u follow before you pull the trigger when you go 4 hunting especially when you hunt antelopes. You shoot carefully when the animal is racing and leaping high.
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by xynerise: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
iyatrustee:

You beat me to this! cry cry cry
angry
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by Jakumo(m): 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ishilove:

Put your cane away, Ishilove. The only difference between a hunter like me who eats his harvest, and any other NON-vegetarian member of society, is the degree of removal from the actual killing of animals for meat.

By purchasing that shrink-wrapped top-surloin cut from the meat department of your local grocery store, you become an end-user of cattle reared on steroid-laced feed, in cramped industrial-scale "feed-lot" farms, before being funneled with electric prods into the abattoir, for conveyor-belt dispatch. The free-roaming deer I selectively harvest live far more humane existences than the captive and caged fate of farm livestock, and my animals are dropped by long-range rifle-shot, with no chase to stress them out and thus ruin the flavor of the meat.

Ishilove, I hereby invite you for a candle-lit dinner at my bunker, where the menu will feature fine red wine to wash down lightly sauteed venisson cutlets in mushroom sauce. We can talk about this subject of wildlife management, and who knows, I may be able to persuade you to saddle up and join me on my next hunting trip.

I know of a corn-farm where marauding herds of massive grass-cutter cane-rats are wreaking havoc every night. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, will be to join me in laying midnight ambush for this wily prey, while disregarding the relentless swarms of mosquitos that accompany the rats on their nocturnal corn-farm raids. In case you are unaware, the flesh of grasscutter cane rats is more flavorful and nutritious than anything money can buy. Need I say more ?

For your first hunting expedition may I offer you my 16-guage shotgun to blast those absolutely delicious furry critters to kingdom come. It is a classic, lightweight, well-balanced scatter-gun, ideally suited to the discerning woman shooter like yourself, who is not prepared to compromise aesthetics in the pursuit of ballistic performance.

Please, have your personal secretary call mine, immediately.

4 Likes

Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by PurestBoy(m): 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jakumo:

Put your cane away, Ishilove. The only difference between a hunter like me who eats his harvest, and any other NON-vegetarian member of society, is the degree of removal from the actual killing of animals for meat.

By purchasing that shrink-wrapped top-surloin cut from the meat department of your local grocery store, you become an end-user of cattle reared on steroid-laced feed, in cramped industrial-scale "feed-lot" farms, before being funneled with electric prods into the abartoir, for conveyor-belt dispatch. The free-roaming deer I selectively harvest live far more humane existences than the captive and caged fate of farm livestock, and my animals are dropped by long-range rifle-shot, with no chase to stress them out and thus ruin the flavor of the meat.

Ishilove, I hereby invite you for a candle-lit dinner at my bunker, where the menu will feature fine red wine to wash down lightly sauteed venisson cutlets in mushroom sauce. We can talk about this subject of wildlife management, and who knows, I may be able to persuade you to saddle up and join me on my next hunting trip.

I know of a corn-farm where marauding herds of massive grass-cutter cane-rats are wreaking havoc every night. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, will be to join me in laying midnight ambush for this wily prey, while disregarding the relentless swarms of mosquitos that accompany the rats on their nocturnal corn-farm raids. In case you are unaware, the flesh of grasscutter cane rats is more flavorful and nutritious than anything money can buy. Need I say more ?

For your first hunting expedition may I offer you my 16-guage shotgun to blast those absolutely delicious furry critters to kingdom come. It is a classic, lightweight, well-balanced scatter-gun, ideally suited to the discerning woman shooter like yourself, who is not prepared to compromise aesthetics in the pursuit of ballistic performance.

Jakumo jakumo, I dey always gbadun your comment, I wish I could write like dis
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by PurestBoy(m): 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jakumo:

By purchasing that shrink-wrapped top-surloin cut from the meat department of your local grocery store, you become an end-user of cattle reared on steroid-laced feed, in cramped industrial-scale "feed-lot" farms, before being funneled with electric prods into the abartoir, for conveyor-belt dispatch. The free-roaming deer I selectively harvest live far more humane existences than the captive and caged fate of farm livestock, and my animals are dropped by long-range rifle-shot, with no chase to stress them out and thus ruin the flavor of the meat.

2 Likes

Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by PurestBoy(m): 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jakumo:

1 Like

Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by spikesC(m): 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
PurestBoy:

How many times u dey gbadun the comment undecided
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by spikesC(m): 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
xynerise:
Yes na. Them plenty for NL grin

Pa Antelope, i hear say one aboki miss you come shoot joeydozzy grin
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by xynerise: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
spikes C:

Pa Antelope, i hear say one aboki miss you come shoot joeydozzy grin
grin. Your fada
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by PurestBoy(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
spikes C:

How many times u dey gbadun the comment undecided

Bros no vex jare, MTN network no good for this Festac Mokola Ibadan where I dey romance Heneiken, but we no fit even delete our comments sef?
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by Nickydrake(m): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jakumo:

Ladies and Gentlemen, behold a Jakumo Classic!

2 Likes

Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by spikesC(m): 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
xynerise:
grin. Your fada

He dey ooo, any message for him grin
Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jakumo:

Bros...

1 Like

Re: Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope by banky222: 10:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
Haba! You are very far from d truth ooo. This is not about religion.
ThankGod Edeh: Nonsense. Mustapha (the murderer) is a muslim and Sunday a Christian. You can guess what happened. This is also a warning to those who have malos as friends, they will mistake you for an antelope.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Visits LASUST, Promises To Reduce Their School Fees (Video) / Adamawa Reps Seat: Appeal Court Sacks PDP's Salihu, Returns Zango (APC) Winner / Tinubu Inherited A Bankrupt Country - NSA, Nuhu Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.