Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,973 members, 7,835,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Webmasters Please Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Please Help (446 Views)

Webmasters Please Help Me! Please. / Webmasters Please Answer This Quesion / Drupal 7 Webmasters! Please Answer Only This One Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Please Help by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 19, 2013
hi everyone,

I just got this position as a computer analyst and now i really need to know things, i mean things IT related. I studied Engineering and am not really vast in the area of Information tech. So please help. But presently I would want the webmasters in the house to please help me on the step-by-step instructions on how to develop a website and also how to go about managing such.

Thanks
Re: Webmasters Please Help by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:13am On Aug 19, 2013
Wow. My brother, it doesnt work like that. There is no quick step by step for creating and managing a website that u can easily grab in this thread here and now. The steps are not like:
1. Open a notepad.
2. Type something.
3. Save it with .html
4. Open filezila and upload.
5. Now you have a website.

No!

For you to quickly learn something and been able to design a website immediately, u wil hav to learn and practice hard and fast too.

There are three options available for u:

1. Quit the job and tell them u lack knowledge of what your position requires.

2. Go to http://www.html.net and start learning and practicing immediately.

3. Get someone to teach you webdesign for 2 to 4 weeks.

Option 1 may not be ok for you.

Option 2 is good but u may find it difficult getting ur foot on the ground fast.

Option 3 is the best, but it wil take u some bucks.

Here is my advice: Choose options 2 and 3 and I can tell u that in one month, u wil be able to design a good html/css website.

Talking about managing the site, u wil be doing it from the raw html for now. Unless the option 3 person wil also teach u how to customize wordpress templates.

You can download this book as a gift from me to you and read, learn and practice. It's 857 pages. It will teach you everything about html and css. Goodluck.

http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/HTML-and-CSS-The-Complete-Reference-5th-ed-T-Powell-McGraw-Hill-2010.pdf
Re: Webmasters Please Help by databoy247(m): 8:47am On Aug 19, 2013
Also, for quicker results you can get option 3 to teach you how to use wordpress and joomla, that way you can update the site easily. You can learn that quickly while you take your time to develop yourself on html, CSS, php, etc via online tutorials and other resources.
Re: Webmasters Please Help by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 19, 2013
Thanks for those options . More please

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Tech And Intetnet Facts / Learn How To Setup Your Own Autoresponder / Nigerian Social Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.