Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Soludo May Quit APGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo May Quit APGA (1351 Views)

Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / Nasarawa APGA Guber Candidate, Labaran Maku Canvasses Support For Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo May Quit APGA by FreeGlobe(f): 10:02am On Aug 19, 2013
here were indications yesterday that the
disqualification of the former Governor of the
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) , Prof. Charles
Soludo, along with five other aspirants by the
screening panel of the All Progressives Grand
Alliance (APGA) may have been due to external
pressures.
Soludo's travails came just as two other
successful aspirants from the Anambra North,
Chief John Okechukwu Emeka and Chief Willie
Obiano, emerged as the new front-runners of
the party’s governorship ticket.
The revelations following the outcome of the
APGA Gubernatorial Screening Panel, which last
Friday declined to clear six of the aspirants,
including Soludo, showed that there were very
powerful forces behind his ouster.
The reasons, the panel adduced for not
clearing the aspirants, ranged from non-
presentation voters card, and party
membership card.
Also, an appeal panel headed by Chief Tony
Ojeilo, at the end its sitting on Saturday, held
that the submissions made by the aspirants
have been dismissed for lack of merit.
However, sources at APGA spoke on some
intrigues and high-level maneuvering aimed at
stopping Soludo from emerging as the party's
governorship candidate.
The source traced the former CBN governor's
travail to his former party, the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP), where it said Soludo
had been marked out of the state governorship
contest before he decided to seek an
alternative platform in APGA.
"Certain elements are not comfortable with the
growing profile of Soludo, especially his
fraternisation with a former Vice-President.
They are afraid that if Soludo is allowed to
emerge APGA candidate and may be win the
Anambra governorship election, he may sell
out during the 2015 presidential election," he
said.
THISDAY gathered that part of the calculations
was that the next governor of Anambra State
would most certainly be the most influential in
the South-east, since the office would not be
vacant until after 2015 elections.
It was alleged that the same forces that had
stood against Soludo's candidacy in the PDP
also followed him to APGA with the willing
support of some party bigwigs.
According to associates of Soludo, who
confirmed the scheming, even before the
commencement of the party's screening, the
aspirant was pressurised to step down.
For instance, the former CBN governor was
said to have received telephone calls from
some top leaders of APGA, urging his to
jettison his governorship bid, a plea he turned
down on the grounds that he could not find
any good reason to do that.
THISDAY gathered at the weekend, that the
embittered former governorship candidate of
the PDP was weighing several options and may
be reconsidering his earlier promise not to
dump APGA for another party.
Meanwhile, two of the APGA governorship
aspirants, who scaled through last weekend's
screening exercise, a former Minister of Water
Transport, Mr. John Okechukwu Emeka, and a
former Executive Director with Fidelity Bank
Plc, Chief Willie Obiano, were now touted as
leading the pack of other five aspirants ahead
of the party's primaries slated for August 26.
Emaka recently received a boost from an
endorsement by about 16 communities in his
home base, Anambra North senatorial district,
while Obiano was said to have the tacit
support of the state Governor, Peter Obi.
In a statement signed by the Presidents-
General of the communities, which included,
Ifite Anam, Umueru Anam, Ukwala, Owelle,
Inoma, Olumbanasa, Mkpunando, Umuaba
Arum, Emewu Abuleti,Aguleri, Nzam, Nando,
Igabariam, Enugwu-Otu and Ezi-Awam, the
communities said: "It is in the interest of their
various communities which have longed
suffered underdevelopment to take a stand in
the forthcoming gubernatorial elections.
"In the light of these, we hereby express our
whole-hearted support for the candidature of
Mr. John Okechukwu Emeka, former Minister
of Water Transport, whom our investigations
revealed to be an inspirational leader and rally
point of our people."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambra-guber-poll-soludo-lost-out-to-underground-scheming/156639/
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by FreeGlobe(f): 10:07am On Aug 19, 2013
way to go. let me see how these folks will win a Soludo with his current fame at the elections. Atiku and PDM should capitalize on this opportunity. If Ifeanyi Uba can pull any weight, with Labor Party, Ngige win APGA/Peter Obi/Akunyili with an Amala party, Soludo can surely win the polls with PDM
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 19, 2013
FreeGlobe: way to go. let me see how these folks will win a Soludo with his current fame at the elections. Atiku and PDM should capitalize on this opportunity. If Ifeanyi Uba can pull any weight, with Labor Party, Ngige win APGA/Peter Obi/Akunyili with an Amala party, Soludo can surely win the polls with PDM
I hope he does...Anambra cannot afford to loose a technocrat of this nature...
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by LibertyRep: 10:27am On Aug 19, 2013
Politics should be about ideology and not jumping from one party to the other just to achieve some selfish desires.
Was he actually expecting the APGA ticket on a platter of gold? Let him try his luck with PDM or the rival APC since he can't go back to PDP. He can even float his own party to test his popularity.
I wish other political prostitutes the same fate.
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by Rhino5dm: 10:27am On Aug 19, 2013
FreeGlobe: way to go. let me see how these folks will win a Soludo with his current fame at the elections. Atiku and PDM should capitalize on this opportunity. If Ifeanyi Uba can pull any weight, with Labor Party, Ngige win APGA/Peter Obi/Akunyili with an Amala party, Soludo can surely win the polls with PDM

Soludo is porting to Boko Haram's party? - Poor sod!
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:33am On Aug 19, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Soludo is porting to Boko Haram's party? - Poor sod!
LibertyRep: Politics should be about ideology and not jumping from one party to the other just to achieve some selfish desires.
Was he actually expecting the APGA ticket on a platter of gold? Let him try his luck with PDM or the rival APC since he can't go back to PDP. He can even float his own party to test his popularity.
I wish other political prostitutes the same fate.

The fear of Soludo is the begining of wisdom.
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by FreeGlobe(f): 10:40am On Aug 19, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:

cheesy cheesy
Nothing can stop Soludo from govt house
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by Maxymilliano(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2013
Anambra 2014: Soludo Vows Not to Dump APGA

The former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and one of the aspirants of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the Anambra State governorship election, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, yesterday ruled out the possibility of him leaving the party, even if he is not nominated as the candidate of the party for the November 16 election.
Speaking shortly after appearing before the screening panel of the party, Soludo said he did not join the party solely for the reason of flying the ticket of the party, but to help re build APGA.

He said APGA was the only political party in Nigeria which talked about true federalism.

I am saying my priority in joining APGA is to help build the party as a formidable political party. Running for governor is not why I joined APGA. I have joined APGA primarily to join forces with other compatriots, other Nigerians to build the party as a formidable political party,”he said.

Soludo is among the 16 aspirants who picked APGA’s Expression of Interest (EoI) form and nomination form. The party’s screening, which started yesterday would end today.

While outlining his programmes if elected governor, the former CBN governor promised to create 100,000 private sector jobs few months after assuming office.

He said agriculture would be given a priority by his government, handing that he is in the race because of his resolve to use his intellect and contacts to better the state.

He said:“All I want to do is to show what service is all about. I want to put the state on the world map.”

On whether there is a move by the 13 aspirants to produce a consensus candidate, he said:“I think the discussion is ongoing. People are talking. And you know, in politics you do nothing but talk. And I believe and I have confidence APGA will conduct a free, fair and transparent primaries to select its candidate.”

The former governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during the last governorship election in the state, insisted he would remain in APGA if he failed to pick the party’s ticket.

“I am APGA in the morning in the afternoon and in the night. I am in APGA today, I will be in APGA tomorrow, I will be in APGA next year, I will be in APGA for the next seven years to come,”he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambra-2014-soludo-vows-not-to-dump-apga/156411/
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:44am On Aug 19, 2013
FreeGlobe:
cheesy cheesy
Nothing can stop Soludo from govt house

lol, GEJ seems to have gone mad. It appears all elections have already been concluded. Abi na 4 my mouth u wan hear am. Soludo should cooperate with GEJ, Obi and Bianca to undo dat which dey have done. He is still the only person dat can deliver a decisive blow to team Ngige.
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by yunglykmine(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2013
APGA is only pushing Soludo to a better platform... They ll discover that fact soon.APGA can't win this election, Even Gov. Peter Obi is closer to PDP this days.
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by waternogetenemy: 11:11am On Aug 19, 2013
Talk about the Prayer against the strong man frustrating my dream and i remember Soludo. Ndiigbo owe Jonathan nothing, rather it is him Jonathan dat owes us everything. GEJ be careful and touch not our anointed and do our prophet no harm.

Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by Rhino5dm: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:

Which Soludo? the naive one that I foretold his demise even before he started? Nne, biko hapu maka jooor.
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
soludo is just too naive
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by FreeGlobe(f): 12:11pm On Aug 19, 2013
2014 Chukwuma Soludo Insha Allah
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by softwareman(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
Maxymilliano: Anambra 2014: Soludo Vows Not to Dump APGA

The former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and one of the aspirants of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the Anambra State governorship election, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, yesterday ruled out the possibility of him leaving the party, even if he is not nominated as the candidate of the party for the November 16 election.
Speaking shortly after appearing before the screening panel of the party, Soludo said he did not join the party solely for the reason of flying the ticket of the party, but to help re build APGA.

He said APGA was the only political party in Nigeria which talked about true federalism.

I am saying my priority in joining APGA is to help build the party as a formidable political party. Running for governor is not why I joined APGA. I have joined APGA primarily to join forces with other compatriots, other Nigerians to build the party as a formidable political party,”he said.

Soludo is among the 16 aspirants who picked APGA’s Expression of Interest (EoI) form and nomination form. The party’s screening, which started yesterday would end today.

While outlining his programmes if elected governor, the former CBN governor promised to create 100,000 private sector jobs few months after assuming office.

He said agriculture would be given a priority by his government, handing that he is in the race because of his resolve to use his intellect and contacts to better the state.

He said:“All I want to do is to show what service is all about. I want to put the state on the world map.”

On whether there is a move by the 13 aspirants to produce a consensus candidate, he said:“I think the discussion is ongoing. People are talking. And you know, in politics you do nothing but talk. And I believe and I have confidence APGA will conduct a free, fair and transparent primaries to select its candidate.”

The former governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) during the last governorship election in the state, insisted he would remain in APGA if he failed to pick the party’s ticket.

“I am APGA in the morning in the afternoon and in the night. I am in APGA today, I will be in APGA tomorrow, I will be in APGA next year, I will be in APGA for the next seven years to come,”he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambra-2014-soludo-vows-not-to-dump-apga/156411/

Soludo came to APGA for the governorship ticket!

If he truly believes in APGA,why did it take him a few weeks to the primaries before joining?

Was APGA formed three months ago?

Once a political prostitute, always a political prostitute.

he will change to three political parties within three months!
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by nduchucks: 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
Soludo and Eze Onlytruth are poised to be the latest members of Atiku's new party.
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by softwareman(m): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2013

Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by Biodup: 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Apga is a dream killer. I hate d word may, he must quit d party. Go labour party to achieve ur good dream.
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by IGBOSON1: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2013

^^^I see what you're trying to do; but this argument is redundant ever since those scheming scum at APGA decided to play dirty!

If he can he should move and contest on another platform.
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by Bensonn: 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
Soludo shld join atiku's PDM abi? Hahaahahhaahahhahaahhahaahehe *i dey lafff for pidgin hebrew*....so atiku now is now from s/east abi? So an hausa party will now rule anambra, hahahahahehahehahehah *i dey laffoo but this time around in local korea*
Re: Soludo May Quit APGA by kelvincoll(m): 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
Biodup: Apga is a dream killer. I hate d word may, he must quit d party. Go labour party to achieve ur good dream.

Ifeanyi Uba has the Labour Party ticket i guess, i really do wish Anambra pple can give Soludo a chance.

(1) (Reply)

Offa Re-run Election; Lessons For APC / Gov. Akpabio Barred From Aso Rock Villa By President Goodluck Jonathan / Breaking News On Anambra Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.