Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

How To Locate Your Mobile Phone On A Map (geotagging - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Locate Your Mobile Phone On A Map (geotagging (1092 Views)

I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! / Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Locate Your Mobile Phone On A Map (geotagging by Kingslaw(m): 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
Over the years, the theft of mobile phones has been on the rise. Applications to geotag your mobile phone are available for the different mobile OS platforms. Are they really effective? How do these apps work?
How do these apps work?
Mobile phone operators have the possibility to evaluate the distance between each cellphone and get their geographical coordinates on a map (satellite reception). These data are of course confidential. The "author" of these application, program or geolocation software acquires the data from the mobile phone operators and displays them on a map.
Some useful apps
Apple

For iPhone users, Apple has provides a free application known as "Find My iPhone".
It works with any other device running iOS. Sign in with your Apple ID to "trace" your phone/device on a map.
The app also allows you to remotely lock or delete and secure your personal data.
Also works with the iPad, iPod touch, Mac ...
Samsung

The mobile tracker app from Samsung (Samsung Dive), is free and allow you to locate your Samsung mobile and block information and data contained therein.

BlackBerry

BlackBerry has also developed its own app: BlackBerry Protect. It is directly integrated into the BlackBerry ®10 OS. For earlier versions, the application is downloadable here
Android
Simply visit the Google Play Store to find a geolocation apps for your Android smartphone. Find My Phone is one of the most popular software!

Windows Phone

Go http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb windowsphone.com site.
Go to the drop-down menu My phone
Sign-in with your Windows Live ID.
Then click on Find My Phone.
Follow the instructions.
Mobile phone operators
Finally, check with your mobile phone operators for the availability of such services!

Kioskea.net for more info.
Re: How To Locate Your Mobile Phone On A Map (geotagging by seunlayi(m): 9:08am On Aug 20, 2013
this information is very vital and useful, thanks for sharing it
Re: How To Locate Your Mobile Phone On A Map (geotagging by Kingslaw(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
seunlayi:
this information is very vital and useful, thanks for sharing it
you are well come.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Bis And Bbc No Longer Working On Android Phones / Are Blackberries Battery Life Getting Better, With The Latest Blackberry Z3? / Practical And Effective Video DVD Courses For Education, Certifications & Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.