Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Frustrated Wakanow Staff - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Frustrated Wakanow Staff (5407 Views)

My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways / Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. / Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frustrated Wakanow Staff by wakanowstaff: 11:07am On Aug 20, 2013
The email below was sent by a staff (now ex) of Wakanow.com. There is a lot of rubbish going on in this company and I believe it's hightime it was exposed. This is the email:

To whom it may concern:

I received the most shocking news yesterday at work around 1pm. Just like any other Monday (19/8/13) I came to work reporting to my department (holiday’s unit) with my colleagues only to hear shocking news which was a result of an undergoing rumour for the past 3weeks. I started working at wakanow on the 20th of May 2013, as a fresh Graduate coming back into Nigeria from UK with my Masters Degree in International Tourism Management hoping to start my career with an online travel agency, unfortunately it has been my worst experience I must confess. I remember my first meeting with the MD; he mentioned something that always cross my mind which was “WHY DO EMPLOYESS ALWAYS COME AND LEAVE WAKANOW” well I believe I have the answer its “DELETED” and his new partner you know yourself”.
From the period I started working at wakanow Mr DELETED has been harassing me with indirect messages, flirting and because I was not responding to all that, he has been threatening me with my job position. Harassment is something we know that can be taken to another level in the court of law but in this situation he spoke up first and I didn’t, I guess that’s the mistake I made. Am not writing this to get my position back I only want to inform my colleagues, the MD, DMD, HR MANAGER, OPERATIONS MANAGER and the future staffs of wakanow to know the corruptions going on in the company. DELETED asked me to resign out of frustration of not getting what he wanted from me and then sent (DELETED.) to follow up on his instruction with no concrete reason why I should leave my job. That’s exactly why I was dismissed. Its been nice working with you all. Have a nice day.

The harrassment and constant fear needs to STOP! Stop intimidating people and threatening them with termination! Stop it!

Signed:
Frustrated Wakanow Staff
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by justwise(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2013
Its hard to verify whether this is from Wakanow ex.staff or not, do you mind attaching the email here? Blank the sender and recipient email addresses and attach the original email.

Make a screenshot of it or use snipping tools.

Thanks.
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by wakanowstaff: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
Unfortunately, I don't know how to blank the sender's name but that mail is authentic. If you know anyone that works here, ask the person. The staff sent it to all of us.
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
wakanowstaff: Unfortunately, I don't know how to blank the sender's name but that mail is authentic. If you know anyone that works here, ask the person. The staff sent it to all of us.

Use paint or snipping tool
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by wakanowstaff: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
Are you an Admin? Let me have your email.
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by Tassembly(m): 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
justwise: Its hard to verify whether this is from Wakanow ex.staff or not, do you mind attaching the email here? Blank the sender and recipient email addresses and attach the original email.

Make a screenshot of it or use snipping tools.

Thanks.

Justwise, seems there are some few paid posters here just posting to tarnish the image of this reputable website,so far so good,i have booked over 40 tickets with them for the past 3years and have no issue. And am sure majority of nairalanders have also used them without itch. where are you guys getting yours,why don't you just go to their lekki office to complain that's if you got issue intead of tarnishing their image
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by otokx(m): 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
who is this mr deleted?
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by otokx(m): 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
ok i just saw the name elsewhere, well there are weak labor laws in Nigeria so some bad guys are having a field day. It will be nice though to hear his own side of the story.
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by Godson201333(m): 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
what a nice story...That happens everywhere in Naija...Nigerian ladies dey try oo
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by flynbird(f): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2013
Tassembly:

Justwise, seems there are some few paid posters here just posting to tarnish the image of this reputable website,so far so good,i have booked over 40 tickets with them for the past 3years and have no issue. And am sure majority of nairalanders have also used them without itch. where are you guys getting yours,why don't you just go to their lekki office to complain that's if you got issue intead of tarnishing their image

I used wakanow for the very first time it it was Hell.. Yes you used their service and got what you wanted but it didn't work for me that way... What sort of company sees a customer booking and then gets a bank deposit payment alert for the booking all on the same day and then cancell the booking without calling the customer to inform him/her. And then few days later you get to find out your booking has been cancelled anbmd your're asked to pay more money to get another booking... Rubbish!! They could have been reliable before but now I wouldn't advice anyone to use their service again. It hurts when you think you have a day fixed for yuour travel and then days later you find out your booking didn't stay and then your're asked to pay more money for another date you didn't bargain for. My host had to take some time off work to come pick me up at the airport for the day I was to arrive and now that It was cancelled, I'll have to find my way aRound a town I have never set foot on, anmd also pay more $$ and get a date I didn't bargain for. Its so painful
Re: Frustrated Wakanow Staff by musco4me: 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
Who knws the salary package of wakanow.com?

(1) (Reply)

What can one do In Lagos? / Former Gov.’s Daughter, Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Deported From Canada / Germany 6 Month Job Seeking Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.