Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food (2075 Views)

Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew / If You Hate Beans, Abeg Report Here. / Abeg O I Don Tire For Yanki Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by davidif: 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2008
The food is so annoyingly monotonous and in some cases, extremely bland. In fact, i take that back, they don't have any food at all, all they do is make some concortion. Majority of them eat out and all they do is eat Mickey D's which is the mother of all bad food or subway and those other pathetic restaurants and don't even mention Soulfood, that's the worst because even though it tastes good, it will kill you because it is so unhealthy, that's why African Americans have the highest diabetes and heart disease cases in the country. Boy, do i miss mr. Biggs.

In yanki, some of the foods can kill that's why they usually end up with Cancer's and other terminal illnesses, canned foods are usually the culprit and there chicken which is fed with so many chemicals to make it grow larger and when they store it and sell it, it usually has some artificial chemicals added to it to preserve it.
Looking on the bright side, at least i don't leave in Europe, outside of Italy, from what i've heard, European food is the worst. The English have no food all, all they eat is fish and chips ha ha ha and the French eat Duck. Even the italians with all there mastery in cooking eating some of there food can cause diarrhoea because they put too much olive oil.

But on a serious note, i need some advice that's why i came to this more popular forum. In the place where i live there is no African store so i can't buy Egusi's, stock fish and other naija ingredients, that means i have to make do with what i have, so please Naija people give me any tips on how to make some home cooking.

WARNING: In this era of globalization, please make them no bring mickey d's come naija.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by SeanT21(f): 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2008
are u stupid.

1. McDonald's is not only American food.

2. Not every one in America eat out

3. Nobody's forcing you to eat American food

4. didn't someone already make this thread

5. Get a passport and fly back to Nigeria and go eat your Nigerian food.

Last but not least, tHIS IS NOT THE FOOD SECTION.

In the mean time, i will be eating my Barbecue Chicken with a side of march potatoes. oops, don't forget the cool aid.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by debosky(m): 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2008
march potatoes? grin Isn't that supposed to be mashed potatoes? grin

Girl get back in that classroom and brush up your English.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by SeanT21(f): 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2008
debosky:

march potatoes? grin Isn't that supposed to be mashed potatoes? grin

Girl get back in that classroom and brush up your English.

im sorry, i blame it on my long nails. Its just too long.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by davidif: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2008
@seanT21
Who are you and what's with the insult? I don't know you so don't be addressing me like you know me.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by ASL33: 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2008
davidif:

European food is the worst. The English have no food all, all they eat is fish and chips ha ha ha
Who tell u say we dey chop fish and chips, afro shops full everywhere dude. We no send dia chips and fish.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by SeanT21(f): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2008
at davidif

I'm sorry. I just hate it when people judge American food by MCDONALD'S.

How would you feel if someone goes to Nigeria and say ABEG O! I Don Tire For Nigerian Food. All Majority of them eat Rice and their food is so blend and hot with spice.

Do U get the drift?

anyway, if you want some real American food watch the food Channel, visit applebees or Texas Roadhouse.

much love.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by ssRhino: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2008
There are too many African caribbean store in the western world where you can buy gari, fufu and the rest, so please do something and stop whinning.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by slimfine(f): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2008
Abiooooh

Better yet, order the naija food wey you like from Naija now. My parent eat fu fu at least once a day and being that we live in seattle there are not that many african market around. so we tend to order naitive food from east coast or Naija.

u dont have to eat yanky food if you really don't want to.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:39am On Jan 06, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by TOYOSI20(f): 6:41am On Jan 06, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

grin grin grin grin
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2009
@ Poster
Sorry O . . .,i were in same shoes,but recently i discovered a Nigerian
Restaurant here,mmmmh ;im feeling better by now grin
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by frankkky: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2009
thisisone area i dont like about us,b4 travelling out of nigeria most of us cant wait to taste oyinbofood,on getting here we start complaining,look my friend if you really cant do without naija food then i sugguest you take the next flight out of america,abi dem hold you,rubbish
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Hauwa1: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2009
LOL grin grin
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by TOYOSI20(f): 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2009
Yeah esp. those darn frozen dinners!!! shocked shocked shocked angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Epi: 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2009
@poster:

Abeg stop pointing fingers because nobody is pointing a gun to your head saying that you have to eat "Yankee" food. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dis-moi ce que tu manges, jet e dirai ce que tu es,  . . . .be it Yankee food, African food, french food, Italian food, soul food, fast food and the list continues.   undecided

Now that you have found a way to discriminate - what's next, The Mentally challenged kids? undecided

1 love
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Sammy107d(m): 7:41am On Mar 10, 2009
epi:

@poster:

Abeg stop pointing fingers because nobody is pointing a gun to your head saying that you have to eat "Yankee" food. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dis-moi ce que tu manges, jet e dirai ce que tu es,  . . . .be it Yankee food, African food, french food, Italian food, soul food, fast food and the list continues.   undecided

Now that you have found a way to discriminate - what's next, The Mentally challenged kids? undecided

1 love

I think the idea of soul food is just lame. Is it African American? how do they define it?
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Epi: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2009
Sammy107_d:

I think the idea of soul food is just lame. Is it African American? how do they define it?
*sigh* Those mountain, banjo playing. no teeth, moon-shiners, traler parks, hillbillies. . . .errr Rednecks grin grin Nobody love soul food more than them grin grin To be safe, let's say its an American dish grin grin Honestly, soul food is good yuh nuh. The only problem is -when yuh dun eat, yuh can't move grin grin LMAO, I am reminiscing about the time I was in Texas.

To quote Beyonce "I love my soul food especially my fry chicken. I don't care what nobody say"

1love
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by SeanT21(f): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2009
Sammy107_d:

YES,AA.

It consist of

:MAC and CHEESE
:Fried Chicken
:Collard Greens
etc,
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Hauwa1: 1:04am On Mar 12, 2009
oh goodness! the soulfood i ate once was way too salty.

sean, i have a question for you girl.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Badriyyah(f): 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2009
LoL,

Europe doesn't have food?? You're kidding right, They've got tons of things to offer.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by hackney(m): 12:43am On Mar 13, 2009
Dont mind him ; mentioning junk food up and down the thread.
Na us wey get food? if im pass garri,maize,rice,beans and yam wetin remain??
Soup?
Come meet me for islington make we go try serious cuisines!! no be mouth
(but about the mouth)LMAO cheesy

If oyibo no get food how come them fresh pass pure water?
E be like say you dey stay for Ohio or Idaho with their big fat potatoes
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by SeanT21(f): 1:25am On Apr 04, 2009
*Hauwa*:

oh goodness! the soulfood i ate once was way too salty.

sean, i have a question for you girl.

**Bring it on**I am ready**
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Hauwa1: 2:09am On Apr 04, 2009
haha, long time i wanted to ask. anyway. . . not abt food  grin i was trying to find out how to prevent twist from locking? i saw one of your post a while back that's why i ask.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by OgidiBoy(m): 2:18am On Apr 04, 2009
*Hauwa*:

haha, long time i wanted to ask. anyway. . . not abt food grin i was trying to find out how to prevent twist from locking? i saw one of your post a while back that's why i ask.

Abeg make una help me ask Hauwa watin concern twist from locking for food section I want to hear about foods I'm freaking hungry
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Hauwa1: 2:30am On Apr 04, 2009
lol why did you quote me now? hahaha. well it was just a good place to catch SeanT, i plan to delete it once she got my question.

see me see trouble grin grin
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Hauwa1: 2:31am On Apr 04, 2009
sorry, here i am just done eating a good peppery salmon stew and there you are hungry, this kin bachelor sef, grin cool
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by t12(m): 2:33am On Apr 04, 2009
Gal, where r u located? r u not sleepy? n be side she's talking about food again in fact, what's ur favorite?
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by OgidiBoy(m): 2:37am On Apr 04, 2009
t12:

Gal, where r u located? r u not sleepy? n be side she's talking about food again in fact, what's ur favorite?

See this one, long throat like you angry why do you want to know here she is located you never bothered to ask till she mentioned peppery salmon stew angry abeg go sleep, NEPA never take light for una side angry
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by SeanT21(f): 2:49am On Apr 04, 2009
*Hauwa*:

haha, long time i wanted to ask. anyway. . . not abt food  grin i was trying to find out how to prevent twist from locking? i saw one of your post a while back that's why i ask.

Well,I have been having Senegalese Twist for less than 2 months and It takes more than 3 months for the twist to lock.The longer you leave them in the more it will lock up.You should re twist your hair about 3 times a month or as much as needed.You can also deep condition it or use leave in condition.Keep it moist with grease,coconut oil and water in a spray bottle.Make sure you keep it moist daily.
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by Hauwa1: 3:10am On Apr 04, 2009
roflmbo grin grin grin grin @ OgidiBoy. you no go kill me with laugh with your reply to the guy eh grin
Re: Abeg O! I Don Tire For Yanki Food by bintab(f): 8:31am On Apr 11, 2009
@ poster,where do you reside? i might be able to help with some nigerian food stuff

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Love Bananas Stop What You’re Doing And Read These 10 Shocking Facts / Roadster Burgers / Get Christmas Foodstuff With Weekly Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.