Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight (14822 Views)

Doctors Found Tapeworm That Lived In Man's Brains For Years / Woman Swallows Tapeworm She Bought On The Internet To Lose Weight / 8 Easiest Ways To Lose Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by olempe(m): 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
If you think juice cleanses are extreme, check out this misguided diet.

An Iowa woman recently told her doctor that she bought a tapeworm on the Internet and ingested it in an attempt to lose weight. The doctor was apparently so stumped by the patient's bad decision that he had to call the state health department for guidance.

The agency told the doctor to have his patient de-wormed by way of some special medication that kills the parasite. Dr. Patricia Quinlisk, medical director at the Iowa Department of Public Health, recounted the incident in an e-mail to public-health workers Thursday.

“Ingesting tapeworms is extremely risky and can cause a wide range of undesirable side effects, including rare deaths,” Quinlisk wrote, according to the Des Moines Register. “Those desiring to lose weight are advised to stick with proven weight loss methods; consuming fewer calories and increasing physical activity.”

Tapeworms are parasites that can afflict humans who eat undercooked meat. "One tapeworm can't absorb enough food and nutrients to make a big difference in weight... the parasite can cause anemia and malnutrition," USA Today noted.

According to i09, other symptoms of tapeworm infestation include having pieces of them stick out of your mouth after a cesarean section, followed by a "burning sensation" after you pull the four-foot long sucker out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/woman-swallows-tapeworm-iowa_n_3780313.html

SOURCE: http://myoddnews..com/2013/08/woman-swallows-tapeworm-to-lose-weight.html?m=1

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by 1shortblackboy: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
na her cup of tapeworm be that undecided ..... work go soon close jor wink

2 Likes

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Harrybanty(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
wiered decision
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
INGNORANCE
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by ugotuf(m): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
YUHK!
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
is this madness,or what....swallowing a parasite,all in the name of getting slim....the woman would definitely be jealous,if she sees my fiancée,i swear. lepa toh badh.

1 Like

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by adtiezy1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
rubbish./.....aint buying that shit
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
Some cray women will do anything to look skinny. Some even get to the point of being anorexic. Some would eat only to force themselves to vomit it. What is the use of a beautiful woman if there's no flesh to give warmth?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by GatJokez(f): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
I've heard about this before. That's just disgusting and silly. Following an appropriate diet and excercize works well, just have to be disciplined. Some people have nothing else better to do with their lives.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by FAMedia: 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ok oooo.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Olateef(m): 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
lipsrsealed

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Coefficient(m): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
She's a premium idio.t!

1 Like

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by everyday: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
That is a big health risk the woman took.Swallowing tape worm? yurk!

1 Like

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Datruggedman: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
We wey dey slim dey beg God make we add weight small,make eno b like say we no dey see chop, na em person we get d weight dey find means to remove it
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nothing we nor go hear for nairaland... No.1 joint for fake info.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by obagoal128(m): 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
i go laugh ooooooooooooooooo grin
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by johnkenn5t(m): 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lol
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Krisgift(f): 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
Front page tns....NA PEJ cause am.tenk!
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by kennyonthrone(m): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lord tnk u 4 makin me slim #TEAM SLIM FIT#
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Fazhy: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
Chei!!!

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by owolabifunke14(f): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Worm go show her warm. She never jam worm
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Goldenheart(m): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Really?
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by wheesin(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
PRAISE THY LORD....FINALLY ! I HAVE FINALLY SEEN SOMEONE MORE STTUPID THAN ME...AFTER ALL THIS YEARS OF SEARCHING....

ESE MY PEOPLE ?
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by priscaoge(f): 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Only worm?? She made a mistake,she would have swallowed a snake,it works faster!!!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
IGNORANCE WITH A HEALTHY MIX OF STUPIDITY!

1 Like

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by switdil(f): 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
priscaoge: Only worm?? She made a mistake,she would have swallowed a snake,it works faster!!!

Hehehehehheheh
Abi crocodile
Thats the fastest option o
U no c d other guy wey em warn sey make e no swim
But he believe sey he fit tackle crocodile. Dat wan com show am
Mumu sombody

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zobo Drink Was Brought In Instead Of Blood At Hospital? (photos) / Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart / 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.