Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria (30249 Views)

The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World / Meet The World's Fastest Internet Millionaire (it Took Him Just 5 Months) / Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 9:45am On Jun 13, 2008
@poster, tell me your location and I will recommend the best for you, this is my 7th year in ICT!
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 13, 2008
r_o_b_b_y:

@ oyb
Trying them does not necessarily mean buying them. its very__________of you trying to make it look like its what i said.

He should not rely on people's opinions. If he can find people that use different ISP's, he can try out for himself.

how do i 'try' a starcomms evdo connection? wil starcomms loan me their evdo card for 2 weeks with free connection?
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2008
guy where is ur location>?
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by lobinoxebe(m): 10:38am On Jun 13, 2008
i have tried just two connections since 2000,

The first one was cobranet, itz pretty fast and reliable but sometimes they do Bleep up,

I am currently using Mweb Nigeria and bet it they re the best in Nigeria,
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 10:41am On Jun 13, 2008
whre is Cobranet located?
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by diehard(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2008
Hello house, I live in Ada-George area of Port Harcourt, i've been looking for broadband that covers my area. but i've not found one yet. Direct on PC and Starcomms broadband do not cover my area cos i've gone to their office to ask them. Any suggestion from the house cos i'm using dail-up and it's so slow
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by yommys01(m): 11:09am On Jun 13, 2008
@nikekenny and all others who have replied to my post I really appreciate your concern but as nikekenny said I live in good home estate in Igando area of location , with this said does any one Have any idea to which network will work better in that area ?? don't mention Multilinks or starcomms they are all money mongers
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 11:15am On Jun 13, 2008
Yommy, all this ISP most of them not consistent, u can make an enquiries if WIMAX is in Lagos already, am in Abuja, WIMAX Broadband is the best around here now my brother, everyone here is switching over, if you need any question relatin to this u can call me 08051355133 or 07025449337 for abuja resident only plz
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by mafolayomi(f): 11:30am On Jun 13, 2008
At this moment, Swifttalk Limited still remain the best IPS around.

Though may look a bit expensive, but it is very very good.

Monthly payment for 0ne system is 8k monthly but you can use more than one system, say 2 or 3 if its more than dis, it might be slow, equipment is around 90k plus surge protector that will protect the equipment against thunder, and installation will go for about 5k.

It is located at 3/6 Alhaji Adejumo avenue Ilupeju Industrial avenue Lagos.

for more info pls contact the following nums 018994909, 018994910, and 018994912
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 11:34am On Jun 13, 2008
mafolayomi:

At this moment, Swifttalk Limited still remain the best IPS around.

Though may look a bit expensive, but it is very very good.

Monthly payment for 0ne system is 8k monthly but you can use more than one system, say 2 or 3 if its more than this, it might be slow, equipment is around 90k plus surge protector that will protect the equipment against thunder, and installation will go for about 5k.

It is located at 3/6 Alhaji Adejumo avenue Ilupeju Industrial avenue Lagos.

for more info please contact the following nums 018994909, 018994910, and 018994912

what kind of equipment do they have?>
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by yommys01(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2008
seems every one is talking about swift. but whats the start up capital for getting it
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 11:54am On Jun 13, 2008
swift?
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by damatiti(f): 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2008
I have been with Accelon for two years but the company has been bought over by a new company called Internet solutions. my reception was always extremely slow and erratic and now it is even worse than before. I have satelite connection (no dial up) and pay over 35 per month, paid over 100k for dish and installion and now the new company wants additional payment for new cabling, is that fair? 

I am in Abuja and I need  recommendations for a fast and reliable ISP which can make use of the current infrasructure  please?
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by yommys01(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2008
yes swift since it seems to be the preferred network for every one
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2008
damatiti:

I have been with Accelon for two years but the company has been bought over by a new company called Internet solutions. my reception was always extremely slow and erratic and now it is even worse than before. I have satelite connection (no dial up) and pay over 35 per month, paid over 100k for dish and installion and now the new company wants additional payment for new cabling, is that fair?

I am in Abuja and I need recommendations for a fast and reliable ISP which can make use of the current infrasructure please?

pls call this number, and tell me your location in Abuja, the WIMAX equipment is going for free for now, the installation cost is not expensive, and we can have your site up and running within 24hrs, this is not a KU band, its a Broadband, very reliable no weather disturbance and all that, call me on 08051355133 or 07025449337. then we can hook u up

welom to the world of WIRELESS
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2008
i can give u Gaurantte on WIMAX, there are over 300 customers in Abuja already! you get wat you paid for! unlike others
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by tinkinfela(m): 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2008
i've been using multilinks for like a year and i swear, it sucks!

no internet connection could be worse than it. i have to go to internet cafes to finish some work even with having internet connection at home, i'd like try the swift talk out. thanks for the info
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2008
nice, i can use any of those phone stuff, they sucks,
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 13, 2008
You should be fair and answer Mr Seun's question or interest-which ISP speed can download a 10MB file in 10Mins? But it appears loctional coverage is a factor!I live in Jos and I don't get that kind of speed from my Provider, so Lagos and Abuja people go away from chat and Nairaland for 20mins and confirm this. You may head to www.youtube.com and get a song of that size, send the url to your mailbox and download via http://online.movavi.com I hope to hear this, may be I wirelessly browse from any location outside in the future.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by mikkyphp(m): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2008
@yommys101
i know a credible WIMAX solution in victoria island with base stations all over lagos. the wimax vendor is Alvarion, they are world renowned in wimax hardware. there is a base station in aspamda which can suitably serve your location in igando. Wimax is a wireless broadband solution that has astronomical range. it is also a non-line-of-sight technology that offers great speeds. dependin on your enterprise requirements, the SUSI(Subscriber Unit Self Install) can be provided or the more robust BreezeMAX. visit www.monarchng.com for further details. you can ask me for more details,
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by fyneguy: 12:39pm On Jun 13, 2008
Looking for the best?

Try Atlasco tech UHF solution but for areas like Apapa, Lagos Island, Surulere, Mile 2, Oyingbo, Ajegunle and Yaba

Equipment with installation: N70k

monthly fee for 1 computer: N9,800

For more details, mail isaiahtel@gmail.com
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2008
that is exaclty what am talking about mechaloia,, WIMAX is the way forward!
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by adeshsam(m): 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2008
For the start-up capital, Check this posted by one of the members in house.

Thank you so very much Agboifo,well below is the different packages for your perusal-

SERVICE PLANS INSTALLATION SPEED PCS MONTHLY RATE TOTAL 4 INSTAL. TIME SLOT
SWIFTHOME 45K 400 3 6,000 53,550.00 6PM-8AM
SWIFTHOME PLUS 40K 400 3 8,000 50,400.00 5P-10AM
BASIC 30K ' 5 12,000 44,100.00 6am-6pm
classic 30k ' 5 15,000 47.250.00 24/7
There many more plans for your consumption.

I would prefer you call Mrs. Olivia on 08033268581 or Thompson(customer service officer swift Networks) on 08024627500 for more clarification.

Regards
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2008
SWIFT? are they in lagos only?
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by tomX1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2008
None of the good service providers will gives total coverage as yet. I recently shelled out 45K to get the Glo USB 3G connetion only to find out I can't use it in my area of Lagos state. What will work for those in VI and Lekki might not have any coverage in Egbeda, Alagbado, LASU/Ojo, Agege etc.

If you are able to find a good provider that will give you over 1.5mbps then go for it. For those in Ikeja, VI, Lekki and such environs, Starcoms Evdo and Glo 3G USB modem is recomended.

There are also 3rd Party providers Like Cobra (not too secured, I tap into it occasionaly in VI but the speed is like 11mbps), Python, etc. These operator give a very decent service but there coverage is not ussualy wide. You have to find one in your area.

If you want cheap dail-up then I'd still say Multi-Links (The service was a total write off last couple of months but it's back now . . .  I hope). It gives you coverage in most area of Lagos and it's the fastest among the non-broadband CDMA providers. But you will have to take it as you see it.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by favcom(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2008
Hope nobody is mentioning SWIFT
We use their services in our office, and boy, it's damn good grin
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by mafolayomi(f): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2008
@ Nikekenny,they use skypilot Equipment
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by nikekenny(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2008
okay
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by Rogo: 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2008
Try pcdirect
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by Eddie4real(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2008
@yommys101,
i still think vsat & fiber-optic technologies respectively are fastest & most efficient form of internet connectivity; though d fiber technology is in its developement stage in our Country. 

for high speed internet connection, fast downloads, & un-interrupted network, i would strongly suggest vsat/broadband access for u. its requires installtion of both an outdoor - an antennae, & indoor units - modem, respectively.

bandwidth ranges include 32kbps, 64kbps, 128kbps, 256kbps, 512kbps, 1024kbps (1MB), depending on whatever range u choose to pay for monthly.

it cost a bit though - with d equipment & monthly payments - but boy u're assured quality service.

i am presently work with Internet Service Provider & this is part of d service we provide amongst others. infact i'm currently managing d internet/Ku-band clients. So i sure know what am talkin 'bout.

4 further enquiries, just call: Broadband Technologies Ltd, Ikoyi, Lagos. tel: 01-8121803; 01-2693480

i can entertain more questions also.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by AsoRock5(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2008
If I may clarify something, the gentleman who started this thread needs a quality service for his cafe business(10-20 pcs) and not for a home use. Needs a service that will be up and running anyday come rain or sunshine. Eddie made a great point about vsat/broadband . I'll love someone who has experience in this field to enlighten us more. Especially with vsat and swift

Aso_Rock
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by Jonnyville(m): 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2008
tinkinfela:

i've been using multilinks for like a year and i swear, it sucks!

no internet connection could be worse than it. i have to go to internet cafes to finish some work even with having internet connection at home, i'd like try the swift talk out. thanks for the info

If there is any ISP i will compare with MULTILINKS, it will be INFOWEB
Yes INFO-rubbish and MULTI-nonsense! Both will dull & bore ur life 2 death.

But thank GOD for STARCOMM EVDO, my life has been Bright & Exciting

I now browse the internet and download wit "finesse".

9a.m to 9p.m, no long thing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / Nairaland MissTechy Featured On Nigerian Bulletin:Give advice to New Bloggers / 10 Most Searched Topics On Google In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.