Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria (30248 Views)

The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World / Meet The World's Fastest Internet Millionaire (it Took Him Just 5 Months) / Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by AsoRock5(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2009
I have always enjoyed my starcomms EVDO since MTN is not fully functioning in my area
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by ThatBoy: 10:44am On Sep 29, 2009
visafone connection is the best for me. it works well both in day and night time.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by edward007: 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2009
i stay at ago Okota Isolo and i would tell you that starcomms evdo 3g is still the cheapest and fastest for now, no other network or so called Niger 3g can be compared, try and confirm yourself.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by hakon: 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2010
Hyperia is the fastest ISP
ikemefuna@hyperia.com
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 9:34pm On Aug 16, 2010
I was in Nigeria between March and April 2010 and Zain which people recommended for me was no where near what was expected.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by eedide: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2010
Before trying out any other option, find out if MTN has laid their internet cables around where you do your business. If so, then this connection is sure faster than any connection options in Nigeria that i have used and will only cost you monthly subscription without any initial capital. And mind u, it is completely broadband. Feel free to call MTN to find out about this.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by shockreaction(m): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2010
Infact im on 83% of Adobe CS3 Master Suite for MAC - torrent (9.7GB) in almost 2 weeks thou i leave my Laptop on 24/7.

I'm sorry, but that's just piss poor. The Starcomms EVDO service was great initially (managed to achieve up to 200KB/s and averaged about 100KB/s a couple of years ago) but it's rubbish now.

I'm currently using ZOOM Blast, which maxes out at about 65KB/s (could download 9.7GB in 3 to 4 days) but that's really not enough. I'm looking for faster options with no bandwidth caps. Anyone?
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by tunde121oke: 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2010
i recommend starcomms very fast ,
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by dastudent(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2010
multilinks bluebroadband.fastest i now,maxes at 200kb/s and averages between 20-100kb/s
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by sujith34: 5:31am On Jul 17, 2011
Hi.this is my speed
download speed =1.09Kbps and
upload speed =0.87kbps
and where ever the connection is we can check the speed of our internet connection by any of the tool from online,  i check my speed from ip-details
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by KoolPitt(m): 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2011
I've been using swift for some time now and they seem to be fast and reliable.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by EverJ: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2011
sujith34:

Hi.this is my speed
download speed =1.09Kbps and
upload speed =0.87kbps
and where ever the connection is we can check the speed of our internet connection by any of the tool from online,  i check my speed from ip-details

I am using a reliable low-cost connectivity, with an minimum of 100kbps and a maximum of 4mbps(usually weekends and at nights). All I pay is just N2,000.

I've been using is for close to 3months now, and NO WAHALA, at all.

Am in P.H.  City- just incase.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by golddeejay(m): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2011
i think it all depend on the reception of d network provider in ur area. Some pple are claiming mtn fastlink is very fast but it has bn given me a lot of headache esp. in dis last 2 wks
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by Magdymagdy: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2011
Swift 4G is the fastest. u wont regret it.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by larablog: 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2011
swift broadband has to be the best right now
bought it for a test run four months ago and i haven't been disappointed(yet)
i really hope they maintain their standard

and the price is reasonable, only hitch is the download limit
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by Seun(m): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
Moving to Computer Section
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
Why not link it
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by modemjane(m): 9:10am On Dec 02, 2011
Huawei E182 (ungebrandete Standard Version)
[url=http://www.modem3g.com/e1820-p-65.html?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=jane&utm_campaign=Huawei%2BE1820]Huawei E1820[/url](supports only the 2100MHz UMTS frequency, all else equal)
[url=http://www.modem3g.com/huawei-e1823-modem-p-74.html?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=jane&utm_campaign=Huawei%2BE1823]Huawei E1823 [/url] (with T-Mobile branding provided Huawei E182, and probably new hardware revision)
Huawei E1823 USB Dongle lived in a small plastic box comes with a USB extension cable and some leaflets and a digital manual on the stick. Externally, the stick is not spectacular, but is not a "cap" is present; the USB connection is extended via a slider mechanism. This is a good solution, because the cap is often lost in such drives and the USB connector is exposed. Otherwise worth mentioning: The connector for an external antenna on the side of the stick.

The installation of the driver software runs automatically when you plug in the usual way from the sticks, there are no problems. Huawei E1823 USB Stick on the "T-Mobile Internet Manager" for Windows and Mac OS X included and installed when needed, and we are using for this test, but the original Huawei Connection Software for Windows.
In order to test the speed of Huawei E1823, we have tried the stick in Bonn HSPA + network of T-Mobile. Here the data rate were for the most part well above the previously unattainable at 7.2 Mbit / s, real feeling with HSPA + downloads beyond the 14.4 Mbit / s but it was not - the networks will probably just be upgraded first.
Specifically: the download of a good server, I had an average of about 1MB / s which is about 8Mbit / s. The O2 and Vodafone network showed extremely high ping value, HSPA + in both networks but had not yet activated. But I will in particular the HSPA + network of T-Mobile in Bonn in the next few days to test further and complement this test if necessary.
The reception performance of the [url=http://www.modem3g.com/huawei-e1823-modem-p-74.html?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=jane&utm_campaign=Huawei%2BE1823 mobile%2Bbroadband]Huawei E1823 mobile broadband[/url] is very good in the UMTS network, the GSM network Neat but not outstanding. For stationary use in poor regions such as supplied in the country should think anyway, to buy an external antenna.
Conclusion: Should we buy now are already an HSPA + stick, or is not such a high-speed stick the extra cost worth it? In my opinion, the investment is worth, all network operators rely on HSPA +.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by amades(m): 10:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
My brothers and sisters, swift is the best now in Nigeria when it comes to internet service provider. They are very cheap and reliable. With 500 naira you can browse for 7 days.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria by GreatManBee: 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
Any good broadband internet access provider??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / Nairaland MissTechy Featured On Nigerian Bulletin:Give advice to New Bloggers / 10 Most Searched Topics On Google In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.