Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim (26148 Views)

Sonia Sesay Bursted Into Tears As She Buried Her Five Year Old Son / Cnn Anchor Isha Sesay Wedding Photos! / Isha Sesay Of CNN Marries Her Colleague, Leif Coorlim (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by iamdsam: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
The beautiful CNN anchor Isha Sesay tied the knot with Leif Coorlim, executive editor of The CNN Freedom Project, in a gorgeous wedding in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Saturday.

According to Huffpost, the couple, who described their wedding as "fun, relaxed, romantic, elegant and unconventional," metin 2008 after working on a CNN series together in Atlanta. They were friends for several years and began dating in 2011, after Sesay "brazenly asked [Coorlim] out for a drink," as she described it.

Sesay says her favorite thing about Coorlim is his "kindness." She explains: "He has an extraordinarily large heart, and every day he does something that impresses me and makes me want to be a better person. He’s truly a special soul." For Coorlim, the best thing about Sesay is how outgoing she is. "We can’t take 10 steps in the building without her stopping to talk to somebody. She’s best friends with her dry cleaner, waiters in the restaurant down the road, even her dentist. It’s that kind of open-heartedness, that I truly am in aweof and love about her," he told HuffPostWeddings.

Below, Sesay describes the Big Day.

We'd been planning this as an outdoor wedding for eight months. It was supposed to be outside in the Mandarin's English Gardens, but thanks to an early heads up about bad weather from CNN meteorologist Jen Delgado, we decided just last Wednesday to move the entire event indoors! She was our guardian angel -- we will forever be grateful toher! Given the quick turnaround, we gave the decorator and florist Britt Wood complete design freedom. So we had no idea what he would do with the ceremony space and were completely blown away by how he transformed the ballroom. It was breathtaking. Leif had no idea I had planned a surprise performance of his favorite love song at the end of the ceremony. I booked a singer to perform Elton John's "Your Song." Once the officiant told Leif he could kiss me, she started singing from behind the drapery which was framing our altar. Then she suddenly came out from behind the curtain, surprising Leif and all our guests. We asked CNN's Don Lemon to MC our dinner and he did a fantastic job of bringing everyone into the mix. We had a number of planned speeches but Don did what we in TV call"ad libbing" and went completely off script, calling out people to come up and give impromptu speeches. The result was an evening of great emotion; there was so much love and laughter in that room. A girl always imagines how her wedding day will be, how it will feel, the dress... Well, our day exceeded my wildest dreams. It was magical. When I saw Leif standing at the end of the aisle, I felt as if my heart would explode. I married the man of my dreams in front of the people we care about the most. And then we partied the night away. Our special day was perfect in each and every way. What more could any girl ask for...
Photos below

[img]http://3.bp..com/-20vqjK6wzns/UhK1UCKi3wI/AAAAAAAASv4/wsdubjaxpoc/s400/isha+sesay+weds+colleague.jpg[/img]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/cnn-anchor-isha-sesay_n_3780315.html?ir=Weddings

2 Likes

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by iamdsam: 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
More photos...

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Okijajuju: 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
SO?!!! angry

Did they invite me for the wedding or send me Aso-Ebi?! angry

Meanwhile... Una know na... grin

2 Likes

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by supaeagles(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nice - she's cool and a very able reporter. I remember the interview she did with Alhaji Dangote . Anderson cooper even teased her once, live on air, about her engagement
(ps, I wonder if this was a shot gun wedding ... she look a bit ...).

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
really cool.

it appears the lady loves the man more tho' undecided (pictures speak)

6 Likes

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Baba419(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
good for her
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Revolva(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
interracial marriage lol nyce one

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by pri3stess(f): 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
Aww happy married life to them.
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
congrats, a fine lady she is
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Etumgbe(m): 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
this lady too sweet

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Eneze1(f): 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
really happy for them, happy marriage life
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by maclatunji: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
A debate is likely to ensue soon.

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
HML

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by newmaonza: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
so, instead of them to work, they were busy playing love with company's time

2 Likes

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
Mtcheeew na cracker she go marry.
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Happy married life buddies
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by gsparks01(m): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
I don't even know who they are and as far as am concerned, this shouldn't even be on fp..
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by ReubenAbati: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
If this was in the early 1800s, sesay would have been hanged along with her white husband for marrying a...
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Big4wig(m): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
As if dem go call off strike for #STUDENTS

mtscheww

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by YoshiMaster: 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
In all seriousness, I am truly depressed.

I can't believe this girl is off the market, I still remember when the crush started, when she interviewed GEJ. That was the day I knew I loved her.

I started working harder, hoping that one day we would be moving in the same circle of people, and then I could approach her, and proclaim my love. We were supposed to have 2 boys and a dog, and a nice house were the boys could play with the dog.

Anyways, I wish you happiness, cause that's what one does when they truly love you.

I'm going back to the lab, already have my sights set on this up and coming actress.

33 Likes

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Fadelex(m): 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
kai...dis guy don play fast on me...well, Condoleezza rice is still available

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Flexskillz(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
A friend of mine has a crush on this lady o.
Accordin to him, "it doesn't matter if its weather report she is doin, he can just sit there and just stare at her." Lol. Sesay, why now? Wetin dis my friend go do now? See as you break my guy heart, its not fair o.
Anyway congrats.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by azpekuliar: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
Getting married to Maupe Ogun soon... wink
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by akatonero(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
Today them go say racism tomorrow dem o go marry white. This black African American taya me.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by ReubenAbati: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
gsparks01: I don't even know who they are and as far as am concerned, this shouldn't even be on fp..

You are a disgrace to Nairaland. U get money to load MB and browse 2go.

Common CNN, u no fit spend 20 minutes a day to watch. Chai!

I for ask u sey una no get GOTV but I dey busy.

Will be back in an hour.

By the way, why all of una dey cry like sey she die?

12 Likes

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by scribble: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
shocked sadOMG. Why

This is strange. I'm happy and sad, same time!

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by nenergy(m): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
Chai! Another sweet lady i've been 'eyeing' has been taken off the shelf. Nenergy, why are you dulling yourself? Happy married life my CNN crush.

Women like 'doing' men. Director of a project...cool!
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by jajad: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
Awww... snap!!
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
Really happy for her!She is a great reporter! Wish them the best.
Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by adtiezy1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
akpos the naughty boy//back to the topic...na white you see marry when am am still single

2 Likes

Re: CNN Anchor Isha Sesay Marries Leif Coorlim by cashkid18(m): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
N does their marriage put any food on my table

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose, Ayade, Ita Giwa, Aki Attend Shan George's Movie Premiere In Calabar / "Jim Iyke Your Gucci Shoes Are Fake" - Fan Tells Actor, Jim Iyke Fires Back / Don Jazzy Shuts-down Pop Nightclub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.