Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers (1003 Views)

Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP / Edo Declares Public Holiday To Celebrate Buhari / Impeachment: Nyako Declares Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by FreeGlobe(f): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
Just days after traditional religion worshippers
in Osun State demanded a two-day public
holiday from the state government to
commemorate this year’s Isese Day, the state
government has declared Tuesday a public
holiday in commemoration of the World
Traditional Religion, Isese Day.
In a press statement released on Monday by
the state’s commissioner for Information and
Strategy, Sunday Akere, the state government
declared the public holiday in the spirit of
equality among the various religious groups in
the state.
A leader of the traditionalists, Awopetu Idowu,
last Friday had asked Governor Rauf Aregbesola
to declare Tuesday and Wednesday this week as
public holidays in the state in celebration of
the Isese Day as a demonstration of the
governor’s commitment for the promotion of
peaceful co-existence and equal right for all
religions.
“Isese Day, among the traditional believers, is
the celebration of the peak of festivity in
Yorubaland tagged Odun Nla, hence were given
the right to celebrate with members of their
families,” Mr. Akere said in the statement.
http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/143081-osun-declares-public-holiday-for-traditional-religion-worshippers.html
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by FreeGlobe(f): 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
How did an agbero become governor

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nice !!!!! Let everyman believe what they want and be supported regardless of creed!!
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by FreeGlobe(f): 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
0lumide: Nice !!!!! Let everyman believe what they want and be supported regardless of creed!!
APC goons. Nice only when its not GEJ or PDP.
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Garrithe1st: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is why I love the Yorubas... They accommodate you irrespective of your tribe and religion.

I wonder why some fools want to demonize traditional worshipers are the Christians we know better in their behavior than those so-called "Idol worshipers"??

God Bless AregbeRascal....

Redefining Rascality since 2009....cool

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Ikengawo: 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
so Muslims and Christians can have a holiday but he's an agbero because traditional worshipers are acknowledged? be fair

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by baby124: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
Garri the 1st: This is why I love the Yorubas... They accommodate you irrespective of your tribe and religion.

I wonder why some fools want to demonize traditional worshipers are the Christians we know better in their behavior than those so-called "Idol worshipers"??

God Bless AregbeRascal....

Redefining Rascality since 2009....cool
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Garrithe1st: 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
I want to be a Rascal like AregbeRascal when I grow up.... In Jesus Name I pray amen....
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Demdem(m): 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
I just love this Aregberascal.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
Commendable!

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
@OP i know you are a bigot and i know the direction you are heading towards with this topic so i wouldnt exchange much words with you i'l just refer you to google; do a little research about the OSUN OSOGBO fesrival. By the way have you ever heard about the name suzanne wenger?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by FreeGlobe(f): 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ikengawo: so Muslims and Christians can have a holiday but he's an agbero because traditional worshipers are acknowledged? be fair
Do traditional worshippers worship only one god? why give all of them a holiday in one day, why not Christians and Muslims celebrate Public holidays the same day too if not for sheer hypocrisy and joblessness from Aregberascal.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Garrithe1st: 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Do traditional worshippers worship only one god? why give all of them a holiday in one day, why not Christians and Muslims celebrate Public holidays the same day too if not for sheer hypocrisy and joblessness from Aregberascal.

grin grin grin

I wonder how you feel knowing that once more your attempt to spite the one and only aregbeRascal has failed woefully.... Shame on you!!!!!
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Abagworo(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is a step in the right direction. I think Imo State should borrow a leaf and declare public holidays for "New yam" or at least anything cultural. Traditional religion supersedes Islam and Christianity because it is our true religion.
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by redsun(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
Great moves. It is the kind of mental revitalization Africans need to see something good in their own initiatives.
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by FreeGlobe(f): 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
To show that the African man is intellectually backward, lazy and docile, At a time advanced countries are seeking extra work hours and at a time we should be considering reducing our inccessant public holidays, some people are rejoicing over a failed governor who does not care over his state's economy declaring an irrelevant holidays. Later they will blame the same govt for failure. "if it ain't broke, why fix it?"
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Goddex: 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
Aregbesola was once alleged to have mental problems by a group in his Osun state. Hmmm. . . he should not prove them right by his actions.
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Olaolufred(m): 6:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
If the world must be in peace. No people must be treated as second citizen in their own country.
Aregbe is liberal.
And so reasonable.
I am A christian who believe in other people's liberty.
I do preach christ to people, but will always want them to make their decision based on personal conviction.I do not critisize them because they have their rights.
Bravo Aregbe.
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by redsun(m): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
FreeGlobe: To show that the African man is intellectually backward, lazy and docile, At a time advanced countries are seeking extra work hours and at a time we should be considering reducing our inccessant public holidays, some people are rejoicing over a failed governor who does not care over his state's economy declaring an irrelevant holidays. Later they will blame the same govt for failure. "if it ain't broke, why fix it?"

This best possible way to boost work hours in Nigeria is to cancel all the wasteful Christians and Moslem bank holidays. It time Africans get their priorities right,it will go a long way in boosting their mentality.
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
FreeGlobe: To show that the African man is intellectually backward, lazy and docile, At a time advanced countries are seeking extra work hours and at a time we should be considering reducing our inccessant public holidays, some people are rejoicing over a failed governor who does not care over his state's economy declaring an irrelevant holidays. Later they will blame the same govt for failure. "if it ain't broke, why fix it?"
Sis you don Bleep up, accept defeat joor

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by gratiaeo(m): 9:07am On Aug 21, 2013
Obiagelli:
I disagree with you...... We have got enough (if not over) holidays in this part the world. What are those traditionalists contributing in development of the state?
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Tolexander: 9:10am On Aug 21, 2013
FreeGlobe: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
How did an agbero become governor
the same way fake certificate handler became the governor!
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by seunmsg(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2013
gratiaeo:
I disagree with you...... We have got enough (if not over) holidays in this part the world. What are those traditionalists contributing in development of the state?

What have christianity and islam contributed to the development of the state? Have u ever heard of osun oshogbo festival? Please do your research and see the enormous contribution of the festival to the growth of tourism in osun state and Nigeria.
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 21, 2013
gratiaeo:
How is Islam or Christianity contributing to the development of Nigeria, yet they have holidays
Re: Aregbesola Declares Public Holiday For Traditional Religion Worshippers by FreeGlobe(f): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2013
Obiagelli:
which defeat? only in your deluded mind. This is an act of gross misplacement of priority.

(1) (Reply)

Osun State Governor Shuts OAUTHC / Oba Of Benin Seeks Upgrade Of Benin Airport To International Status / Nigeria News - Why Nine Ministers Were Sacked By Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.