Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps (1900 Views)

Senators Push Back Against Saraki’s Intrigues, Use Of Senate To Fight,. / A Lawyer's Explanation Of The Freedom Of Information Act 2011 / The Freedom Of Information (FOI) Act 2011: Download PDF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 12:52am On Jun 08, 2008
surely the so called dividends of democracy should be the freedom of information
i bow for that country man
policies and bills that bring about true democracy are relegated to the background because nigeria would rather pay lip service to democracy
a speaker of the house of rep or is it senate said nigeria has nothing to hide and any information that is demanded is obtainable in nigeria. apparently they need the proposer of the bill to shed more light on the bill before they can understand the purpose of the bill.
i believe the bill is pretty self explanatory even to the political lay man
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION what else dont u understand STUPID GENETICALLY MODIFIED OVER PROCESSED MORONS THAT U ARE
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 1:47am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

surely the so called dividends of democracy should be the freedom of information
i bow for that country man
policies and bills that bring about true democracy are relegated to the background because nigeria would rather pay lip service to democracy
a speaker of the house of rep or is it senate said nigeria has nothing to hide and any information that is demanded is obtainable in nigeria. apparently they need the proposer of the bill to shed more light on the bill before they can understand the purpose of the bill.
i believe the bill is pretty self explanatory even to the political lay man
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION what else don't u understand STUPID GENETICALLY MODIFIED OVER PROCESSED MORONS THAT You ARE

dont complain, its simply natural selection at work.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:12am On Jun 08, 2008
no comments for him
this is a healthy and lively debate, i wont let ur offkey remarks put me off
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 2:18am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

no comments for him
this is a healthy and lively debate, i wont let your offkey remarks put me off

Healthy, lively, stupid, slowpoke . . . all dont belong in the same sentence.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:23am On Jun 08, 2008
u said it not me
besides i feel u are unaware of this bill hence u wld rather cover up for ur ignorance by attacking this wonderful thread
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:25am On Jun 08, 2008
cant u just see past the poster and comment on the topic or wld u rather dwell on trivialities
perharps!
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 2:25am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

u said it not me
besides i feel u are unaware of this bill hence u would rather cover up for your ignorance by attacking this wonderful thread

Dont be ridiculous  grin Your "wonderful" threads are not what someone would want to spend time debating on . . . the FOI bill is not new, surprising that you who know so much are just being made aware of it. There have been several old threads discussing the issue . . . do a search.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 2:27am On Jun 08, 2008
can't u just see past the poster and comment on the topic or would u rather dwell on trivialities
perharps!

that happens to be your stock in trade. a topic is only as good as whoever puts it up. Coming from you, its hard to take this any more seriously than a thread talking about anal sex.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:31am On Jun 08, 2008
just because i talk about sex doesnt mean am oblivious to the political and economic world around me
i love sex talk because thats what i like
but i also thrive on political debates
ur problem like most is u have pre judged, sterotyped and underestimated me
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:34am On Jun 08, 2008
couldnt be bothered to read up on all the old threads on nairaland
besides opinions of yesterday are yesterdays and that of todays is for today if u catch my drift
i still do love anal sex
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 2:34am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

just because i talk about sex doesnt mean am oblivious to the political and economic world around me
i love sex talk because thats what i like
but i also thrive on political debates
your problem like most is u have pre judged, sterotyped and underestimated me

maybe. Your problem is you go out of your way to create a false impression of being free spirited when in actuality what is at play here is a person with brittle self esteem grasping at straws.

the freedom of information bill brouhaha predates Yar Adua's government . . . so much for your political and economic knowledge.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 2:40am On Jun 08, 2008
i thot the Senate passed this bill since 2006. . . you need to crosscheck.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:47am On Jun 08, 2008
i saw it just yesterday on nta or is it ait
or is ur ait and nta as bleeped up as you are
showing old news as current ones
dont let ur ignorance reach ur destination before you
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 2:50am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

i saw it just yesterday on nta or is it ait
or is your ait and nta as bleeped up as you are
showing old news as current ones
don't let your ignorance reach your destination before you

the Nigerian senate passed the FOI bill in November 2006, the house of Reps passed the bill Dec 2005. Go do some study first before bleating loudly.

You watched AIT or NTA and suddenly you think you now know enough to make noise?
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:51am On Jun 08, 2008
go to bloody google or is ur browser set permanently to nairaland
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 2:55am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

go to bloody google or is your browser set permanently to nairaland

once you do the same instead of blabbling.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:55am On Jun 08, 2008
the bill has never been passed slowpoke go see for ur idiotic self
like i said think before u leap
dont let ur clouded sense of judgement rule over the rational part of ur brain
if u dont like me thats bloody fine but please dont just chat shit, i know what i saw
besides what do u know sef
just cos u are fortunate enof to own a computer doesnt exactly mean ur enlightened
last point proven may shame catch u and ur enormous ignorance
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:57am On Jun 08, 2008
so have u gone to google now
see what i said about holding on to old news like its cast in stone
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 2:58am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

the bill has never been passed slowpoke go see for your idiotic self
like i said think before u leap
don't let your clouded sense of judgement rule over the rational part of your brain
if u don't like me thats bloody fine but please don't just chat shit, i know what i saw
besides what do u know sef
just because u are fortunate enof to own a computer doesnt exactly mean your enlightened
last point proven may shame catch u and your enormous ignorance

dont be foolish, the senate approved the bill in 2006, House of reps approved the bill in 2005 . . . however it takes more than mere approval to pass a bill into law. The version approved by the senate is yet to be harmonised with that approved by the house of reps neither has the bill been signed into law by the president.

Too bad you people just read headlines and then run away thinking you understand the entire story.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 2:59am On Jun 08, 2008
http://allafrica.com/stories/200806040567.html
read and i hope u enjoy basking in ur ill informed rants
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 3:01am On Jun 08, 2008
You slowpoke pls read below: (published Nov 2006)

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=68&art_id=iol1163747239184N265&set_id=

Lagos - Nigeria's Senate has passed a Freedom of Information (FOI) bill granting the media and the general public the right to request information on government business from government agencies or from private bodies performing public functions.

The bill, submitted to the national assembly several years ago and passed late on Wednesday, provides for the declassification of and
public right of access to information, lifting a cloak of secrecy that has up until now surrounded most public functions.

The lower house of parliament had passed the bill last December.

The Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) hailed the passing of the bill, saying that it would help journalists and the public to obtain information.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 3:02am On Jun 08, 2008
Sorry i dont wait for AIT and NTA before running around pretending to be informed.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 3:04am On Jun 08, 2008
and ur point being what
if the bill hasnt been made a law then what is the freakin point
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 3:05am On Jun 08, 2008
slowpoke, i doubt if you thoroughly digested the link you sent earlier . . . just to refresh your memory from your own link. . .

[size=13pt]It will be recalled that the FOIB was passed by both chambers of National Assembly during the last Assembly but the then president, Olusegun Obasanjo, withheld assent, citing security reasons and kicking against the title of the bill. Since it was re-introduced by the sponsors, it has been a thug-o'-war in the House of Representatives.[/size]
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 3:07am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

and your point being what
if the bill hasnt been made a law then what is the freakin point

Very simple. . . . that the bill had been passed more than 2 years ago by both houses of assembly. Obasanjo refused to sign it into law and sent it back to the house . . . that was were the new brouhaha started again.

People like you just read headlines and think you now know what you are talking about. If Obasanjo had signed the bill in 2006 this would have been no news at all. The house can only pass a bill, unless it decides to over-ride presidential veto only the president can sign a bill into law.
Go read some pol science first before accusing others of ignorance. Christ!
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 3:07am On Jun 08, 2008
i based my thread on yesterdays news fine the bill has been accepted but hasnt been made into a law( perharps i got the two mixed up tis not a crime)
the issue i am concerned with is why the bill hasnt been made into a law as u may have rightly deduced
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 3:09am On Jun 08, 2008
so was it or was it not rejected from being made a law
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 3:11am On Jun 08, 2008
like u rightly said if obj had sighned it but obj didnt so is the bill not in limbo at the moment
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 3:11am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

i based my thread on yesterdays news fine the bill has been accepted but hasnt been made into a law( perharps i got the two mixed up tis not a crime)
the issue i am concerned with is why the bill hasnt been made into a law as u may have rightly deduced

that is why you shld be careful before accusing others of ignorance. The FOI bill has been on the table for donkey yrs . . . you are just seeing it on AIT yesterday?  shocked You been living in a hole?

Why the bill hasnt been made into law? Ask Obasanjo why he refused to sign it in 2006. Its easy to blame the reps for everything.
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 3:13am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

like u rightly said if obj had sighned it but obj didnt so is the bill not in limbo at the moment

What if they pass it again and Yar Adua refuses to sign it? the charade will pass on to the next administration?
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by vivaladiva(f): 3:19am On Jun 08, 2008
but it clearly states that the house of rep threw out the bill three days ago
besides the bill was only accepted in 2006 hardly qualifies as a century
al least ave only been in the hole for 2years happy now
Re: The Freedom Of Information Bill Was Rejected By The House Of Senate Abi Na Reps by 4Him1(m): 3:23am On Jun 08, 2008
vivaladiva:

but it clearly states that the house of rep threw out the bill three days ago
besides the bill was only accepted in 2006 hardly qualifies as a century
al least ave only been in the hole for 2years happy now

the bill was sent to the house well before. The house of reps passed the bill in 2005, the senate did same a yr later. (notice the distinct language used . . . accepting the bill is not the same as passing/approving it).

One thing you also shld note, it takes 2 houses to approve a final draft of a bill. It seems the senate is ready but the house is not. The house that passed the bill in 2005 is clearly not the same one that is re-considering the bill today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tension In Anambra Over Murder Of Community Leader / What Nigerians Are Saying About Jonathan ! / My Wife Is A Husband Beater -ambassador Wigwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.