Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread (21205 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / Fantasy Football In Nigeria 2013/14 Season (lovefootballfc.com) / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by wy2000(m): 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
Krasid: That's the problem this team has always had.They are poor with three pointers.Even at the olympics, the U.S was busy hitting 3 pointers while Nigeria was going for 2 pointers.They better step up their game in the next round.

Also poor with defense! Great stuffs tho!
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by wy2000(m): 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
YES!!! D Tigers!!

But what a games of Basketaball.. was just jumping up.. Phewww
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Krasid(m): 11:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nigeria 91-84 Cameroon.Next up,Nigeria Vs Central Afr Rep,on Tuesday by 6.30 p.m.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Mynd44: 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
Why una no call me for this thread since? You guys are just denying me of fun.

Anyway, great game tonight, Ikechukwu Diogu deserves to be in the NBA.........that guy is GOOD!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Mynd44: 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
CFCfan, why did you not PM me about this thread? I am so pissed
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mynd_44: CFCfan, why did you not PM me about this thread? I am so pissed
kpele o. I forgot undecided
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Mynd44: 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=CFCfan]
kpele o. I forgot undecided[/quote
And I had been watching the matches alone not knowing there were people of like minds here.

Not fair
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Krasid: Nigeria 91-84 Cameroon.Next up,Nigeria Vs Central Afr Rep,on Tuesday by 6.30 p.m.
Yay! D'Tigers are making us proud. cool
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
Frontpage please.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by luvablesam(m): 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
CFCfan: Frontpage please.
I sent u a mail.hope u saw it?
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
luvable sam:
I sent u a mail.hope u saw it?
I've replied.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Mynd44: 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
CFCfan: Frontpage please.
Lemme see what I'd do during the next game
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 11:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mynd_44: Why una no call me for this thread since? You guys are just denying me of fun.

Anyway, great game tonight, Ikechukwu Diogu deserves to be in the NBA.........that guy is GOOD!!!!!!

25pts. . .15rebounds. . . .been a top scorer in the Last two Games. . . Had one of the few 3pts jump shots we had, Knws our to get in position, homie is as sleaky, slimy as the R.K.O once u let him get behind. . .gotta say. . .Nigeria is lucky to have had such a player. . .and boy dOES HE REP THE NBA TO the fullest. .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 12:16am On Aug 26, 2013
was really pissed @ our game, Esengue, Curt, Ba-something, those guys took the game to us, we were just lucky to have escaped the momentum they had built up earlier, buh trust basketball wiv the Time outs and Fouls. . The tempo allowed us back in,. we collected our wits and were able to fight bk frm the 10pts lead they had on us. ..

Am stil wondering how a team with an Olympic Experience, filled whiv boys and tatoos cannot shoot 3pts comfortably, God it is annoying, we cud only muster 4/14 i.e 29% the kamerounians slightly bera 10/27 i.e 37%. . .we really need to work on d whole 3pts things. . .atleast if we cant get it, we shud stop being benovelent gving it. .. . We made the Lions quite comfortable wiv the 3pts , whyl we belaboured to get 2pts, .we cud get punishd by a team wiv bera control of their offence. ..
Our defence once again needs to add up, was glad that even though we dint really push em off, we dint dole out fouls, guess being tensed got the bera part of us. . We need to Work hard to unsettle opponents offences 4rm being too comfy to take 3pters,. . A lesson we obviously dint learn 4rm our last game. .I was envious of the Kamerounians the way they defended their jump spots zone, and guardd us, still wondering how 91pts got passed em. . Not that we din deserve it o!

The Aminu broos were fantastic. .Aminu.jr was jus phenomenal wiv dat last jump shot, and Ab.Aminu that last dunk, Lawal too was pwety klean, and thumbs to all who got us that phyric viktory, nt of blud thz time, buh real sweats, tension and fear!(cum see my leg de shake)

Big upz D'TiGERS. . .straight Up Naija

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 12:23am On Aug 26, 2013
Cant We Africans just get it right?. . .the score board was sumfin else. . .and make person warn that Kameroun coach. . .he his no Mourinho. . . . Okoye's cramps shud be treated once and 4 all jare. . .Dint really feel Olasawere. .maybe due to cut of time play he was gud last match. . .

AL.AMINU 9ASSISTS
AL. AMINU 4STEALS

AL.AMINU 12SHOTS
DIOGU 25SHOTS
DIOGU 15 REBOUNDS. . 2 people I kept watching. . .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 12:36am On Aug 26, 2013
[quote author=Mynd_44][/quote]
@Oga Mynd, .watch alone too, till I stumbled on thz thread by WarrI wolves First lady, Everstar. . .wudda just missed out if I dint check. . @Kransid, Wy3. . .nice 1z
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by shaiguy(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2013
What a game yesterday, wow - Totally top quality stuff. Was so proud of the guys, they played with everything they got.
Cameroon established themselves as a major force in my opinion. With what I saw yesterday and Angola still playing so well, I think we will have very good reps at the coming world championships

What an amazing game we had last night. Nigeria and Cameroon both need to make it to the world cup as they both really upped their games yesterday.

Well done D’Tigers !!!!!

From the press

ABIDJAN (AfroBasket/FIBA Basketball World Cup) – In the most highly-anticipated game of AfroBasket 2013 to date, between two potential tournament winners, Nigeria could not make it more clear that the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup is very much on their mind as they beat Cameroon 91-84 in the last game on Day 6.

Christian Bayang had 20 points and Luc Mbah a Moute added 18 for Cameroon, but the night belonged to Ike Diogu who had a game-high 25 points to go with 15 rebounds and two blocks for one of the standout performances of the tournament so far.

Cameroon led 40-39 at the break, but Nigeria edged them out in the second half to remain perfect and top Group B while Cameroon finished second.

In the final game of Group A, defending champions Tunisia also improved to 3-0 but needed overtime to beat a resolute Rwanda team that wasted an astonishing chance of achieving their most famous victory in AfroBasket history.

Tunisia prevailed 83-81, despite trailing at the break (41-39), and at the end of the third quarter (61-59).

As Rwanda’s fans celebrated, the worst was still to come when Kami Kabangu turned the ball over with four seconds remaining which Tunisian forward Macram Ben Romdhane converted into a lay-up that tied the score at 74 to send the contest into an extra period.

- See more at: http://dayjuice.com.ng/afrobasket2013-nigeria-beat-cameroon-to-stay-perfect-as-defending-champs-tunisia-survive-again/#sthash.nCrHG1Cw.dpuf
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Evestar200(f): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2013
GROUP B RESULTS::Tunisia 83 : 81 Rwanda,,,,,,Burkina faso 63 : 84 Morocco
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Evestar200(f): 7:38am On Aug 26, 2013
GROUP D RESULTS:: Nigeria 91 : 84 Cameroun,,,.Congo Brazavile 87 : 77 Mali

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2013
abeg ow do they count Basket points wey. . . .Naija get 6points outa 3games, Kameroun that lost to us 5points outta the 3. . Where they won 2 n Lost 1, dnt c how dat adds up. .
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Mynd44: 10:19am On Aug 26, 2013
ortopazz: abeg ow do they count Basket points wey. . . .Naija get 6points outa 3games, Kameroun that lost to us 5points outta the 3. . Where they won 2 n Lost 1, dnt c how dat adds up. .
For each game you play, you get 1 point (win or lose)

if you win, you get an additional 1 point and if you lose, you don't get any additional point.

Nigeria's record is 3/3 meaning we played 3 games (3 points) and won 3(another 3 points) making it 6.

Cameroon played 3(3points) and won 2(additional 2) giving them 5 points.

If you play 3 and lose all 3 which is a 0/3, you get just 3 points.

I hope you get it now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
For each game you play, you get 1 point (win or lose)

if you win, you get an additional 1 point and if you lose, you don't get any additional point.

Nigeria's record is 3/3 meaning we played 3 games (3 points) and won 3(another 3 points) making it 6.

Cameroon played 3(3points) and won 2(additional 2) giving them 5 points.

If you play 3 and lose all 3 which is a 0/3, you get just 3 points.

I hope you get it now
hmmm. . .Basketball. .. .thanks a lot Sire . . Got the idea now
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by collynzo2(m): 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
Where is that CameroonPride fool, he's always boasting of how good their basketball team is.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Emmyk(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Subscribing.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
collynzo2: Where is that CameroonPride fool, he's always boasting of how good their basketball team is.
this guy will never forget me .

We have the best team.go and choke on something
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by ortopazz(m): 8:20am On Aug 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: this guy will never forget me .

Is the Education System in Kameroun that bad? [
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Evestar200(f): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2013
TODAY FIXTURES:::Nigeria Vs Central Africa Republic,,,,,,,Tunisia vs Eggyt,,,,Cape Verde vs Congo Brazaville,,,,,,,,Algeria vs Rwanda
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Evestar200(f): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2013
KNOCKOUT STAGE THINGS cheesy
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by safarigirl(f): 9:59am On Aug 27, 2013
I'm highly disappointed by the following on this thread. Just 3 pages? Wow! Came to check on when we had the next game and with who. The lacklustre attitude to sports apart from football is sad, AFCON definitely had a better followership. We really need to up our game though, can't beleive we're still losing crucial 3-pointers after a year.
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by wy2000(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2013
safarigirl: I'm highly disappointed by the following on this thread. Just 3 pages? Wow! Came to check on when we had the next game and with who. The lacklustre attitude to sports apart from football is sad, AFCON definitely had a better followership. We really need to up our game though, can't beleive we're still losing crucial 3-pointers after a year.

True, but it will if its moved to frontpage during the game.

Many people didnt know the page exists. If you follow on twitter in the right hash tag u will get many followers
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Evestar200(f): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2013
safarigirl: I'm highly disappointed by the following on this thread. Just 3 pages? Wow! Came to check on when we had the next game and with who. The lacklustre attitude to sports apart from football is sad, AFCON definitely had a better followership. We really need to up our game though, can't beleive we're still losing crucial 3-pointers after a year.
the stupid MODs are the cause of it,,,how will pple knw that this kind of topic exist when the MODs didnt move it to front page
Re: Nigeria 2013 Afro-Basketball Championship Fans Thread by Evestar200(f): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: this guy will never forget me .

yea! Cameroun gat the best team,,thats why their ass gat whip by the D'TIGERS of Nigeria cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tokyo2020: Oborodudu To Fight Mensah-stock In 68kg Freestyle Wrestling Final / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's 2 Goals For Barcelona Yesterday. / Real Madrid Protest Plans For Barca La Liga Game To Hold In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.