Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony (10978 Views)

$100 PS Vita TV And Lighter Playstation Vita Announced By Sony / PS4 Launched By Sony / Nasty Remark On Nigeria By Sony At The Launching Of Their New Ps3. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
Preordered my PS4 2 months ago.

I can't wait to play FiFA 14 on it
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Stanley4E(m): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
cry
spongeback: I will be getting this for my kid bro cool
which kid broda? .....sister, no form for us here o, nobody go bite u if u tok true say na for urself u dey buy'am for. free joor
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by otumfour(m): 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
looking @ the exchange rate, only a fhool wud buy the PS4 from the UK.

Buying mines from tha States
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
otumfour: looking @ the exchange rate, only a fhool wud buy the PS4 from the UK.

All this to save 50 pounds?
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Okijajuju1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
coogar: europe is always getting screwed by this giant companies. why do we have to wait 2 weeks after the launch in america to get the new console in the UK?

also in what planet is £349 = $399? the minister of trade in the UK is an arsëhole. if sony cannot sell at the normal exchange rate, they can shove their console up their arsë.

2 weeks wait and then paying way over the odds than the americans. this is surely a piss-take!!

First of all.

Remember that in the U.S & Canada, 399 U$D does not include sales tax, HST and all other such hidden charges, while in the U.K the shelf price is all inclusive.. So that U.S 399 U$D price tag is gonna look more like 450 U$D by the time you approach the check-out counter..

Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by coogar: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
otumfour: looking @ the exchange rate, only a fhool wud buy the PS4 from the UK.

then you have to worry about adaptors or step/up & step/down transformers. the stress is not worth my while. besides, some evil game developers still code their games in zones. some PS3 games will not play on your console if you buy out of your country.

Okija_juju:

First of all.

Remember that in the U.S & Canada, 399 U$D does not include sales tax, HST and all other such hidden charges, while in the U.K the shelf price is all inclusive.. So that U.S 399 U$D price tag is gonna look more like 450 U$D by the time you approach the check-out counter..

that's what they keep telling us but it still falls short. £350 is way more than $450 in the exchange market. the sales tax is not more than 7% albeit each state determines their own sales tax. having to wait 2 weeks and then still pay more than our counterparts in america is just unfair.

as of today, £350 = $545, $450 = £289.

1 Like

Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by 50calibre(m): 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
jackbauersballs:

All this to save 50 pounds?

Nope! To save about a £100
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by firetrap(m): 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
Paroman: pls i need a download link for pesedit2013 patch. Surfed d net but can't seem to find anywhere to download it for my malfunctioning pes 2013 pc game

thepiratebay.sx that's where you'll find it. note its a torrent site
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
50calibre:

Nope! To save about a £100

That's without shipping bruv.

If you can consider spending that amount of money on a console, why scrimp on a few quid?

No half-measures fam.

Btw, good to see you out of the ban pit. grin
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by adrainuche(m): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
I dey dance alanta,...
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by 50calibre(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
adaobi123:

angry

Its working very well, thanks for asking.

Hahaha! grin
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Baddestguyp(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
What?! And im still saving money to buy PS1 grin grin
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by 50calibre(m): 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
jackbauersballs:

That's without shipping bruv.

If you can consider spending that amount of money on a console, why scrimp on a few quid?

No half-measures fam.

Btw, good to see you out of the ban pit. grin

True talk! A couple of quid ain't worth the stress involved. And I'm also sure if you decide to buy from over there, apart from the shipping fees, you'd also have to pay something like duty/tax on it before claiming it the UK. That's how they protect their economy and prevent goods that already exist here from being bought overseas.

Feels good to be out of the pit, thanks. I re-emerge stronger.
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
firetrap:

thepiratebay.sx that's where you'll find it. note its a torrent site
tanks......just that i am not conversant with torrent site. Spent all day navigating through some and still couldn't get to download d file
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Billyamin: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
It will be on sale here in Nigeria in just a week or earlier after d Release day @ SoSoGaMeS with the best price. Frequently check www.sosogames.net to get the first experience gaming on PS4.....
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by coogar: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nonso23:
Reason is cos the tax on custom duties imposed on SONY by the UK is so high that they will barely make out profit if they sell at standard exchange rate unlike the Free Market USA.... SONY'S GOT TO MAKE SOME MONEY U KNOW... *winks* PS4=COD, FIFA14, NFS... Hehehe*evil grin*

i thought sony would already make money by the number of unit they would sell in the UK anyways - so why shaft the brits of their hard-earned money? it's even better this year. PS3 was awful in 2006. £500 in the UK, $550 in the US and UK waited for 4 months after it launched in the US.
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by 9ineGames: 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
i still strongly feel that the ps4 is a rip off*(it comes without motion sensor)*reasons why the price was reduced* Xboxone comes with the full accessories!!!remember you all would still need to buy the motion sensor to play most games !!!
for now Xboxone Is Still Ahead(when u do ur calculations right)
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by jidexboy(m): 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
That is #64,598
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by 2kass(m): 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
coogar: europe is always getting screwed by this giant companies. why do we have to wait 2 weeks after the launch in america to get the new console in the UK?

also in what planet is £349 = $399? the minister of trade in the UK is an arsëhole. if sony cannot sell at the normal exchange rate, they can shove their console up their arsë.

2 weeks wait and then paying way over the odds than the americans. this is surely a piss-take!!
Why not ask your s1lly axs Govt how much it charges on import duties!!! You sound uneducated
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
9ineGames: i still strongly feel that the ps4 is a rip off*(it comes without motion sensor)*reasons why the price was reduced* Xboxone comes with the full accessories!!!remember you all would still need to buy the motion sensor to play most games !!!
for now Xboxone Is Still Ahead(when u do ur calculations right)

You CAN'T play borrowed games...and you CAN'T play without being online. Na only William Gates go buy that thing.

1 Like

Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by 9ineGames: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
^^ you can now play used games!!!(don't be surprise at the long run people would go for Xboxone)the graphics is mad and supports indie game developers
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by greatwaters: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
adaobi123: My xbox still rules tongue
OMG, what are you doing with xbox? you are supposed to be in the kitchen.
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
And the only titles am interested in; GTA 5 & FIFA 14 will be sick. Can't wait.

And maybe Watchdogs!
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
9ineGames: ^^ you can now play used games!!!(don't be surprise at the long run people would go for Xboxone)the graphics is mad and supports indie game developers

I no sabi wetin that one be o. Wetin I no sabi no concern me - at all grin.
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by ichidodo: 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Definitely not for poor people like us, will start saving for it anyways. By 2015 i should have saved enough. grin grin grin grin
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by coogar: 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
2kass: Why not ask your s1lly axs Govt how much it charges on import duties!!! You sound uneducated

you are a fool - what has it got to do with import duties? sony is a japanese product. why should america be paying way less than the brits? this is how you uneducated fools from a village just come online to spew nonsense!!!

Nonso23:
Guess its SONY'S way of paying back... And also they get to make more money cos the wait makes a lot of brits order from the USA. That way they bypass custom duties as it's shifted to the person ordering the product and MORE PROFIT FOR SONY.... Pretty wicked Scheme.

they are all rogues - until someone takes them to court, this wicked scheme would continue. someone took apple to court in 2008 and the european commission forced apple to reduce their prices in the UK itunes store - investigation had revealed UK was paying more than 10% than the other european countries - and apple agreed to reduce it!
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by dokkyelele(f): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
can anybody get me original or downloaded to usb of STREET FIGHTER EX3 for playstation 2. 08034812261
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by 9ineGames: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
A True Gamer Wont Be Fixed To one Console ..The best way to enjoy Video Games is to have everything Of Both Worlds (XboxOne and Ps4)
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by coogar: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
9ineGames: A True Gamer Wont Be Fixed To one Console ..The best way to enjoy Video Games is to have everything Of Both Worlds (XboxOne and Ps4)

and turn your living room into an arcade? sony is the truth, the life and the way. comparing x-box to sony is like comparing blackberry to iphone.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Koswc Fifa 21 World Tournament / Gameplay On i7-6700k, Gtx 1070 Mini Itx Oc, Acer XR341ck@ 85hz, 3440x1440 / Buy Cheap And Latest Ps4 and ps5 Digital OFFLINE GAMES. (offline Package)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.