Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,210 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony (10979 Views)

$100 PS Vita TV And Lighter Playstation Vita Announced By Sony / PS4 Launched By Sony / Nasty Remark On Nigeria By Sony At The Launching Of Their New Ps3. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Gdjay(m): 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
Okija_juju: FINALLY....................... Happy Gaming days will sonn be here.. grin

Chidi Lloyd
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
greatwaters: OMG, what are you doing with xbox? you are supposed to be in the kitchen.

undecided undecided
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by RioFernandez(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
I never even play the PS3. Una don de talk of PS4. Haba! Make una wait na. Haha
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by 9ineGames: 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
Nigerians Have Always Been Fixed To The PlayStation due to its free online play(which is understandable)but things need to change and we gamers need to also grow(i fully know how much this things cost in the market)that's why 9ineGames is working to help solve this issues(we are introducing new ideas that could benefit the average african man)ideas like Rent(were u could pay small amount for latest games and return after using it)!!we also have trades and also offer discounts to our fans,we give PlayStation plus membership for 3moths(to active fans) !!!we want to reunite gamers and keep them playing without having fear of wasting money on new gadgets.support 9ineGames And lets build a stronger gaming Cloud In Africa ,
coogar:

and turn your living room into an arcade? sony is the truth, the life and the way. comparing x-box to apple is like comparing blackberry to iphone.
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
coogar:

you are a fool - what has it got to do with import duties? sony is a japanese product. why should america be paying way less than the brits? this is how you uneducated fools from a village just come online to spew nonsense!!!

You sure should have ignored him but it seems you just spread your underwear for NL to see. grin grin
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
adaobi123:

undecided undecided

Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
lucenzo:

cool
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by dimdim001(m): 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
coogar: europe is always getting screwed by this giant companies. why do we have to wait 2 weeks after the launch in america to get the new console in the UK?

also in what planet is £349 = $399? the minister of trade in the UK is an arsëhole. if sony cannot sell at the normal exchange rate, they can shove their console up their arsë.

2 weeks wait and then paying way over the odds than the americans. this is surely a piss-take!!

The difference in price is cos of the amount that companies pay in tax to bring their products to europe...dats y products r always more xpensive dere
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by remzytimer: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
Can we have a clearer picture and d new features
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
coogar:

you are a fool - what has it got to do with import duties? sony is a japanese product. why should america be paying way less than the brits? this is how you uneducated fools from a village just come online to spew nonsense!!!

they are all rogues - until someone takes them to court, this wicked scheme would continue. someone took apple to court in 2008 and the european commission forced apple to reduce their prices in the UK itunes store - investigation had revealed UK was paying more than 10% than the other european countries - and apple agreed to reduce it!

eh, they make most of their money from America. Also, the engineering is split between the US and Japanese offices. Their UK offices are mere showrooms.
This is business. You cater to your number one customers first. THe amount of units sold in America will probably be 1000000 times the amount sold in the UK
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by whatofyou: 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
Why Ps3 never plenty for 'belgium?' I don tired for my Ps2 sef! Na foreign-used, no be Naija-used Ps3.
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by otumfour(m): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
whatofyou: Why Ps3 never plenty for 'belgium?' I don tired for my Ps2 sef! Na foreign-used, no be Naija-used Ps3.

Antwerp things?
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Bizibi(m): 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
I never play most of the interesting games on ps3 kai person go come dey reason ps4,it is nt fair ooo
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Sanandreas10(m): 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
walex2bad: Hw diz one take affect ASUU strike?

Must you read it?

Go and Hag on Transformer?
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
ASUU Nkoo,,?
smiley
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by write2obi(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
Clemzy16: "That is nice for game boys like me." obviously the game will have alot of features but....

☀Does it mean when i'm playing p.e.s, a fan can run into the pitch to shakes hand with cr7 and the stadium security guard will start chasing him??!

☀Does it mean fans can protest the sack of arsene wenger with inscriptions written on a carbon paper during a game??!

☀Does it mean luiz can bite the skin out of imbrahmovic and gets a ban of seven matches ??!

☀Does it mean mikel will have more speed, accuracy, ability to score goals and free kicks than messi

☀Does it mean luiz can decide not to shakes hands with evra or any other black player in the beginning of a match??!

☀Does it mean i can buy keshi to coach manchester city??!

I REALLY NEED ANSWERS TO THE AFOREMENTIONED ELSE I'M NOT BUYING.

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
undecided ar u ok?
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by physise(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
cool
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by austinsmat(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
I don't kwn why pes will not produce pes14 for ps4 . Pes fall my hand I don't like FIFA but no option for me this time around
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Okijajuju1(m): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
coogar:

and turn your living room into an arcade? sony is the truth, the life and the way. comparing x-box to apple is like comparing blackberry to iphone.

LOL

I feel, though, that the Xbox isn't as bad as many PS loyalists make it seem.

The Xbox 360 was quite decent abi is it just me?
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Bawss1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
^
Since MS reversed their dreadful policies on the XB1 it doesn't look so bad after all. IF I have some extra cash I MIGHT just be getting it too in addition to the PS4. I mean, who doesn't want to play Killer Instinct and Respawn's Titanfall.
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by coogar: 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
A-town:

eh, they make most of their money from America. Also, the engineering is split between the US and Japanese offices. Their UK offices are mere showrooms.
This is business. You cater to your number one customers first. THe amount of units sold in America will probably be 1000000 times the amount sold in the UK

you are talking nonsense.....
they make majority of their sales in europe. only 13.5 million units of PS3 was sold in the US with their 300 million population. 5 million PS3 units were sold in the UK(60 million population) and 30 million units were sold in europe as a whole.
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
coogar:

you are talking nonsense.....
they make majority of their sales in europe. only 13.5 million units of PS3 was sold in the US with their 300 million population. 5 million PS3 units were sold in the UK(60 million population) and 30 million units were sold in europe as a whole.

I mentioned UK and not europe. Your numbers only confirmed my assertion. Population or not, they sell more in the US. End of discussion
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by coogar: 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
A-town:

I mentioned UK and not europe. Your numbers only confirmed my assertion. Population or not, they sell more in the US. End of discussion

no they don't - not at the rate the US pay for these consoles anyways. 1 out of every 12 people in the UK has a PS3 console. 1 out of every 22 people in the US does. this is common sense - there's more awareness in the UK, Europe than in the US. it's a travesty they still have to pay more and wait 2 weeks for the console to launch.
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Swiftboy(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
adaobi123:

cool
*knees down stretch-out 24 carat diamond* adaobi please marry me!

Sony rocks! Plus I cant wait to play the new GTA V On it... I saw the preview on you tube that got my fingers waiting in anticipation! The game even features Christiano Ronaldo...watch out!
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Bawss1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Meanwhile did anyone notice that no release date was given for Japan the home of Sony?
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by coogar: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
Bawss1: Meanwhile did anyone notice that no release date was given for Japan the home of Sony?

they are probably playing on it as we speak.....
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
Saw the graphics on bbc click,graphics is likened to the animation beowulf
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Harrybanty(m): 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
i dont get it, on my laptop, i can browse, play music, play all types of games and so many other stuffs just for at least 100k. Then i would be dumb enough to use 70k to buy one ps4?
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by coogar: 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
Harrybanty: i dont get it, on my laptop, i can browse, play music, play all types of games and so many other stuffs just for at least 100k. Then i would be dumb enough to use 70k to buy one ps4?

you will sell your laptop to buy a console if you ever get to play modern warfare on HDTV....

1 Like

Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Swiftboy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
coogar:

you will sell your laptop to buy a console if you ever get to play modern warfare on HDTV....
lol thats the difference between a gamer and laptop user! I dont know how big a laptop can get to satisfy the need for real adventure? Me and my friend cant play on laptop...we have tournament we play every boxing day and you still want us to use laptop?
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
coogar:

no they don't - not at the rate the US pay for these consoles anyways. 1 out of every 12 people in the UK has a PS3 console. 1 out of every 22 people in the US does. this is common sense - there's more awareness in the UK, Europe than in the US. it's a travesty they still have to pay more and wait 2 weeks for the console to launch.

Going by the last arguement we had, i know you will never succumb. Anyway as far as SONY is concerned overall sales in the US is unit cost x number sold. Whether 1 out of every 12 people in the UK has it does not matter in this case.
Using your own numbers and assuming the PS4 sells the same way 399$ * 13.5 million is way more than 349pounds x 5million.
At the end of the day, it's all about profit. You could have simply won this arguement by combining the UK and Europe vs the US, then maybe you would have had a chance
Re: Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony by coogar: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
A-town:

Going by the last arguement we had, i know you will never succumb. Anyway as far as SONY is concerned overall sales in the US is unit cost x number sold. Whether 1 out of every 12 people in the UK has it does not matter in this case.
Using your own numbers and assuming the PS4 sells the same way 399$ * 13.5 million is way more than 349pounds x 5million.
At the end of the day, it's all about profit. You could have simply won this arguement by combining the UK and Europe vs the US, then maybe you would have had a chance

you like arguing against logic....
europe and UK will get it 2 weeks after US and they would pay £349 for the console in comparison to USA's $399. obviously, their bulk of their sales is in europe - not in the USA, which defeats your argument that they make more money in the US.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Koswc Fifa 21 World Tournament / Gameplay On i7-6700k, Gtx 1070 Mini Itx Oc, Acer XR341ck@ 85hz, 3440x1440 / Buy Cheap And Latest Ps4 and ps5 Digital OFFLINE GAMES. (offline Package)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.