Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Kia Autos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Autos (961 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / Kia Owners Forum / Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Autos by luluspin(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hey friends, I need your thought and opinion about kia cars,I want to know how strong and reliable they are especially kia optima magnetis 2002, would appreciate your response
Re: Kia Autos by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
i still dont understand those car, we had one brought in, it wouldnt start after a wash, body wash not engine

then two days ago another one was brought in by a body shop around our workshop, they asked us to do the timing and we did and the car wouldnt start did compression test etc still nothing, one confusing thing the immobiliser light wouldnt switch when key is turned to position II on most cars it turns off after few seconds. we where supposed to research on that but the owner said he knows why its not starting he took back to his shop

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-magentis-optima-forum/

so generally they seem to fail from nowhere
Re: Kia Autos by luluspin(m): 11:52pm On Aug 21, 2013
Thanks bro, so in short its a probelematic car?
Re: Kia Autos by Denn(m): 5:55am On Aug 29, 2013
You don't understand a car, yet you want us to term it problematic?

I bought a brand new kid Rio last year and I will 'categorically tell you' that it is a wonderful brand.

The company has an after-sales support in Nigeria that is superb.

The cars have very simple engine set ups and I have experienced no issues whatsoever.

Washing only the body of ANY car will not cause a failing ignition...maybe the car wash boy or the owner or somebody in that trail is not telling the truth.

I have colleagues using the new kid optima and I can assure you it's a good deal for the money.

If you are buying a kia, get a recent version and u will forever enjoy it
Re: Kia Autos by luluspin(m): 8:17am On Aug 29, 2013
Denn: You don't understand a car, yet you want us to term it problematic?

I bought a brand new kid Rio last year and I will 'categorically tell you' that it is a wonderful brand.

The company has an after-sales support in Nigeria that is superb.

The cars have very simple engine set ups and I have experienced no issues whatsoever.

Washing only the body of ANY car will not cause a failing ignition...maybe the car wash boy or the owner or somebody in that trail is not telling the truth.

I have colleagues using the new kid optima and I can assure you it's a good deal for the money.

If you are buying a kia, get a recent version and u will forever enjoy it
@denn but how recent do you mean? Am talking of a optima 2002 model
Thanks for your comment
Re: Kia Autos by cardoctor(m): 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2013
luluspin: Hey friends, I need your thought and opinion about kia cars,I want to know how strong and reliable they are especially kia optima magnetis 2002, would appreciate your response

They are not bad cars at all but they always have issues of poor maintenance by previous owners.

Most of them usually start their lives as company cars and may have also suffered a lot of abuse from drivers and mechanics alike.

Critically check the car extensively for accident damage that was poorly repaired, suspension components for wear, engine and gearbox conditions before you buy.

Although its a small car, the price of parts too can be a bit on the high side.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Kia Autos by luluspin(m): 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
car-doctor:

They are not bad cars at all but they alwaysgvgg have issues of poor maintenance by previous owners.

Most of them usually start their lives as company cars and may have also suffered a lot of abuse from drivers and mechanics alike.

Critically check the car extensively for accident damage that was poorly repaired, suspension components for wear, engine and gearbox conditions before you buy.

Although its a small car, the price of parts too can be a bit on the high side.

Car-Doctor.
Thanks am so greatful, the problem with it presently is that I have to change the shocks, I will test drive the gear tommorow

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With My 2004 (e0d)honda Accord / Help: 4runner 2002 Hard Change From Gear One To 2... Kick Down Stopped Working / Two Men Jump Start A Car With Ak-47s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.