Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Obama Tonic - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Tonic (1005 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Tonic by RedHotChic(f): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2008
Do you think minority Nigerian men stand a better chance of ruling Nigeria before any Nigerian woman(whether they're from the major or minor tribes)?

Barrack Obama made history few days ago by achieving the democratic nomination at the expense of women. Cheers,felicitations from friends and even foes applauded him. What have you learnt from that? If barrack could get a chance, what makes you think that minorities or women will not get a chance to rule Nigeria? Are we going to be fixated on 'no, women can never make it in this age' and let men hold the mantle over and over again. I don't know about you, but as for me, I'm sick and tired of men turning our economy and nation into shreds. I have a select few in mind but I'll really love to hear your 'she' nominees for presidency in Nigeria in the next dispensation.
Re: Obama Tonic by coldwater(m): 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2008
Obama sucks!!!!!!!!!!

McCain all the way!!!!!!!
Re: Obama Tonic by oldie(m): 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2008
The change we need in Nigeria is not about gender, religion or ethnic
We need a competent Nigerian to be our president, man/woman where ever he/she may come from
Obama was nominated because he is competent and can rationalize his vision!
Being black is secondary, although it gives me this "feel good" sentiment
Re: Obama Tonic by ifyalways(f): 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2008
oldie:

The change we need in Nigeria is not about gender, religion or ethnic
We need a competent Nigerian to be our president, man/woman where ever he/she may come from
Obama was nominated because he is competent and can rationalize his vision!
Being black is secondary, although it gives me this "feel good" sentiment

well said ! be it a "she" or a "he" it doesnt matter as long as the fella is compentent and willing to make positive changes.
Re: Obama Tonic by RThESlyR: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2008
Woman to rule a country like Nigeria??. . . .Impossible!
Re: Obama Tonic by manmustwac(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2008
i don't want to sound pessimistic but i don't believe Nigeria will be get an Obama or Hillary for a least a 100 (oops) i mean 50 years
Re: Obama Tonic by RThESlyR: 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2008
manmustwac:

i don't want to sound pessimistic but i don't believe Nigeria will be get an Obama or Hillary for a least ahundred 50 years
more like 900years!!
Its not that there are no Nigerians like that but they wont just allow them to get to that position!
Re: Obama Tonic by Nobody: 3:52am On Jun 09, 2008
Actually, I'm not concerned about gender when it comes to ruling Nigeria . I just want a leader that knows his/her left from his/her right.
Re: Obama Tonic by popsonj(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2008
coldwater:

Obama sucks!!!!!!!!!!

McCain all the way!!!!!!!

Obama sucks or not, he's made history in an unbelieveable way. Personally i'm very impressed
and so are all his loyalist and supporters, to have won the heart of several Americans, even superdelegates despite being black. That's impressive!!! McCain is white so we aint expecting anything less than what he got. If McCain wins, good, but if Obama wins, i tell you that'll be the most dramatic American President. Anyway it goes, my heart goes with Obama.
Re: Obama Tonic by popsonj(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2008
stillwater:

Actually, I'm not concerned about gender when it comes to ruling Nigeria . I just want a leader that knows his/her left from his/her right.

It's not enough to have a leader who knows what is right from what is wrong.
All leaders we've been having knows what to do, they are neither kids nor fools.
What i think we need is a leader that's got a really good conscience, cos they
all know what to do but aint doing it.
Re: Obama Tonic by kaboninc(m): 11:20am On Jun 11, 2008
Obama wining is a good thing but here in nigeria, its a different case.
We fight what we dont see but what we do see every day, we close our mouth. Its that how we ll get there?
Re: Obama Tonic by popsonj(m): 11:37am On Jun 11, 2008
You are right bruv, things are very different here.

(1) (Reply)

Jewish Mp Likens Israelis To Nazis / Taiwan's Ex-president Gets Life In Prison For Corruption / The Bitter Truth In The Major Al - Mustapha's Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.