Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids (38728 Views)

List Of Nigerian Tycoons That Impact Ghana's Economy / States’ Fortunes Dip As Govs Abandon Natural Resources For Abuja Cake / Ten Nigerian Billionaire Oil Tycoons To Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Therock5555(m): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
My fada said he would leave only his bible for me if he diessad
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Bawss1(m): 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2013
Why are some people here eager to spread disbelief about what these wealthy folks have decided?

They have decided to not leave their fortunes for their children. And it hurts some people here. Lol. folks who see amassing fortunes and passing it on to their children can't get their minds around this decision.

I think it is a noble decision. Provide each individual the basics with which he should strive to making a living for himself and nothing more - that is the best path.

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by chiswaggs: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
A-town:

Because they know better. Let Dangote come out and say that none of his kids will get anything from him. You will just hear on NTA news the next day how he ate dinner and didn't wake up the next morning.
hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahaha.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by BigStar1(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
Mi o gba ( I no gree). Most of them pumped their money into their foundation. Ok, tell me if they die won't the kids inherit the foundation? Why didn't they send it to me as a representative of their foundation in Nigeria. Call me on +2348060678106, no flash ooo. I'll also pump my money into my SMS foundation. www.smsparo.com. Bravo!
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by specco(m): 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
papil: when Nigerians are busy accumulating wealth 4 there great grand children

Me think because in Nigeria ground no level. Maybe the fear of what tomorrow may bring drives the rich folks to amass wealth for their kids even to the third and fourth generation.In the societies where these honorable men/women come from there is a level playing ground for even their kids to also make it on their own if they work hard.

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
Saying something is one and doing it is another, anyone with a good understanding of how these things work will agree with me that inheritance doesnt mean giving your children all of what you have saved, but rather they do make it legal for part of their earnings to go out to charities and not all of it, they just try to make sure that the legacy they have kept while they are alive are being followed by their kids which is the reason why they come out to the public to make it known that maybe for instance they earn 10M usd, they can leave down a legacy to be followed by their kids to give out 6M usd to their foundations, but also these would have to be done by percentage, people should educate themselves more i think, no man would want his/her family to suffer just because he wants to leave a good legacy even after he is gone.

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Simba757(m): 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
These are just Hopeless, Cultist, Illuminati BINGOS!
Your children are an extesion of your lineage.
With the amount of money these Bingos have, their kids and the less priviledged should be mutually comfortable.
We all know that the TRUE less priviledged get nothing from these stupid 'Foundations'.
The farce called their money is simply going back to where it came from... Kept for the next victim.

2 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by adorable29(f): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
obadiah777: somehow i dont think they want your fokswagen and collection of agbadas embarassed
hahaha! Tchoi!

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Lyth: 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
CFCfan:

WORD!!
If u take a 'nice guy' attitude to business, then you're on a long thing.
This aint business dude ...this is "CHARITY", hope u knw wat dat means?
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Elxandre(m): 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
I dont think its a big deal if they dont leave anything to their kids. The kids attend(ed) the best schools in the world, and they have access to excess funds to pursue their dreams.
I DONT believe them 100% though. Bill gates bought a mansion worth several million dollars for his 15 yr old daughter. Will this same man also leave his children with nothing? smh!!

2 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by taiocol: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
smeppl here ar stupid. They dint say they wont pass ther fortune to their chilrdren. They said most of the wealth will go 2 charity. Lol
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by ooshinibos: 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
are there no black rich people , the rich ruleth over the poor
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Sweetlemon(f): 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
Elxandre: I dont think its a big deal if they dont leave anything to their kids. The kids attend(ed) the best schools in the world, and they have access to excess funds to pursue their dreams.
I DONT believe them 100% though. Bill gates bought a mansion worth several million dollars for his 15 yr old daughter. Will this same man also leave his children with nothing? smh!!
Abi o!
Don't mind them, all na wash! Businessmen are too ruthless to play Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Ninilowo(m): 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
Emi a jeun ku f'omo mi o...omo l'aso..chorus: Emina jeun ku fomo mi o omo laso. All: adaba jeun ku feyeleeee.....iran orofo jeun ku fawoko...........emi a jeun ku fomo mi o.
IF DEM LIKE MAKE DEM KPAI DEM PIKINS BEFORE DEM KPAI DEMSELVES, NA DEM SABI..........D ONE WEY ME GO DO NA IM I DON TAKE SING THE SONG......
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Sweetlemon(f): 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
CFCfan:

WORD!!
If u take a 'nice guy' attitude to business, then you're on a long thing.

My dear, that's just the truth. Your business won't pass infantry stage. How then will such people leave the money (they earned through stepping on toes, legs, backs, and even faces) for strangers? Shoo?
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Sweetlemon:

My dear, that's just the truth. Your business won't pass infantry stage. How then will such people leave the money (they earned through stepping on toes, legs, backs, and even faces) for strangers? Shoo?
Abi o. Even the so-called UN 'development funds' are mostly spent on 'consultants'.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
"the best financial planning ends with bouncing the check to the undertaker." This one got me thinking
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Itoroetti(m): 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
gtrust: Don't mind these 'wise' rich people.

What they are actually doing is screw the SAME poor people!

Let me explain: if they die, government makes 40% of their total worth as inheritance tax.
If they have a foundation: government gets NOTHING!
Those guys WILL NEVER give out more that 5% of their money.
Rich people pay accountants so much money so that they don't have to pay tax to government!
Some end up getting tax grants and waiver!

It gets interesting: who are the patrons of those CHARITIES = THE SAME CHILDREN!

I hate all this noise and making people think you are a philanthropist when you're not.
Bill Gates still sell vaccines to Nigeria, my people are the vaccines for free

Have the vaccines not exhausted their patency rights

Look at South Africa: they refused to provide free antivirus medication for HIV.
South Africa manufactured them without consent of the patent owners and the case is still in court.
Who are the owners of thses patents

I beg, forget these 'wise' rich CAPITALIST people.

Malaria is a bad sickness.treat it with caution.
Bad belle

2 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by spikesC(m): 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
Gullible Nigerians

We don't pay inheritance tax in Nigeria, they, do. Why do we get deceived by all this stupid propaganda bullcrap.
No be them invent "save for the children's future scheme".

Africans, wake up ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by coolegbo(m): 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
i am deeply touched reading this, just changed my orientation. god help me
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by baffylander(m): 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
yhemster:

So what if by destiny you are to be the source of ur generational wealth and giving the little you are able to gather to the kids will transform their life and the generation after forever? Think deeper before regret ur decision in ur grave.
In as much as i strongly believe in destiny, i also believe that hardwork,preparedness and makng good use of opportunities tears down the shackles of poverty hence i dont agree with your submission of anyone being destined to be rich just because he was born to rich parents. A man determined to be poor will die poor even if given all the gold in qatar.
P.S the God i serve sends opportunities down my path and doesnt hinge my success or otherwise on anybody and or anyone. "If only Your faith (not your father or mother's faith) was/is as small as a mustard seed, you would say to this mountain .........."
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by switch360(f): 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
great
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Chidoks(f): 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
obadiah777: well dayummm. talk about principles

which kain yeye principle be dat a wise man lays up wealth for his children's children.my son eats part of my father in laws efforts.that is principle pls..
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
zutu: I wish dangote is my dad

Keep wishing when ur dad is just a bicycle repairer. Better go start pushing wheelbarow hoping to make it later in life than staying here wishing what is not real.

2 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by nonso84(m): 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
What struck me the most in this article is the statement by warren buffet
"I want to give my kids just enough so that they would feel that they could do anything, but not so much that they would feel like doing nothing."

4 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Stanvick1(m): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ds (wo)men made their money, so go make yours nd spend it the "right way" and stop debating on other men's plans for their wealth.
By the way, training up a child in God's way remains the best legacy to bequeath to any child
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by gbadexy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
I support them.
Too much money spoils the children.

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by biafranqueen: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
steve_cantrell: Hmm..interesting, I just don't buy it though.
All of these people want to give their monies to 'charity' thru FOUNDATIONS. This is a brilliant way of keeping the taxman away from your wealth.

Their kids don't need to inherit any money, just put some of them on the board of trustees and its all over..

And that bull about wealth destroying ppl, ANDERSON COOPER, the CNN correspondent is a great grandson of VANDERBILT.. He's a trust fund kid worth over $100 MILLION.

That doesn't stop him from being a top ace, award-winning journalist.

These rich freaks should go tell it to the birds ! They enjoy lying to 'poor' people.
Believe it pal the foundation is ran by board of directors that have to decide. The money is ear marked for certain projects that help the powerless. Holding on to the money does not bring the fulfillment but giving it away does. The more you give the happier you become. I know it is a hard concept to understand. Unless you do it you can not understand the joy and happiness it brings to your spirit. I have benefited from one of these foundations. Bill Gates donated money and computers to community's in the hood. I am a director on the board where he built a full facility for boys and girls to learn computer skills. A million dollar project. If you start an NGO in Africa and prove that it is working you can receive money too. If you want to start a school in America specifically a Charter school his foundation will fund it. If you want to try an impact health in Nigeria he will help you why do you think Peter Obi got that million. I am sure the others have similar programs. My education was partly payed for by a Jewish families foundation. It's real my friend for those that seek ye shall find smiley

3 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by bebechuks: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
True talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Exchange Rate As Of Today, July 1st / Alpari Nigeria Turning To Forextime Nigeria / Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.