Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? (2362 Views)

is it proper to get pregnant at the age of 18? / Is It Proper To Call Your In-Laws 'Brother', 'Sister'? / Proper Greeting For Black American Meeting Boyfriend's Nigerian Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
Some people will say it is not proper for a single lady to live alone. They said it brings bad name on dem. How true is dat & wat kind of bad names?
Your opinion pls:
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by daisyella: 5:49am On Aug 22, 2013
Dats naija mentality for u cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by nbright: 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
It's ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by ifyalways(f): 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
Is it proper? - yes,so long as she can afford it.
Is it advisable? - no. Its best to have a trusted grown male relative around. Lots of Physcos and seexually frustrated,depraved minds roaming freely in town and single ladies living alone are easy and most favored prey.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by Tolexander: 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
It is good for a single lady to stay alone for free home matches.

If she isn't staying alone, that will be a problem cos she will need to be playing most of her matches in an away or neutral ground.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by eddy1977(m): 6:45am On Nov 10, 2013
ifyalways: Is it proper? - yes,so long as she can afford it.
Is it advisable? - no. Its best to have a trusted grown male relative around. Lots of Physcos and seexually frustrated,depraved minds roaming freely in town and single ladies living alone are easy and most favored prey.

A grown male relative is no guarantee of protection. Some relatives are pervs.

A single woman is a vague description. A single fat 58 years old woman doesn't need a babysitter. A 70 old widow can leave by herself.

Any woman who is responsible financially is better off living alone.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by marvelU(f): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2013
I think its not right for a single girl to live alone. You may not believe this but its true, a female child needs a proper home training, parental advice and protection before she moves to her own house(husbands house). Without this, I wonder how she will take care of her family.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by Fulaman198(m): 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
ifyalways: Is it proper? - yes,so long as she can afford it.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by Fulaman198(m): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
eddy1977:

A grown male relative is no guarantee of protection. Some relatives are pervs.

A single woman is a vague description. A single fat 58 years old woman doesn't need a babysitter. A 70 old widow can leave by herself.

Any woman who is responsible financially is better off living alone.

It may not be a guarantee of protection but it does further deter weirdos from potentially assaulting a female. Think of it this way. A man is like a male lion. His job is to defend and protect his territory at all times even if it means his life. In lion society, when females eat alone, the his hyenas are emboldened to attack. When a male lion is around the females, the hyenas hesitate and don't often attack.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by eddy1977(m): 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
Fulaman198:

It may not be a guarantee of protection but it does further deter weirdos from potentially assaulting a female. Think of it this way. A man is like a male lion. His job is to defend and protect his territory at all times even if it means his life. In lion society, when females eat alone, the his hyenas are emboldened to attack. When a male lion is around the females, the hyenas hesitate and don't often attack.

Are we talking about any single lady or a single Nigerian lady?
I don't see any shaniqua, lakeisha, lawanda staying with her parents untill marriage.

Most south African ladies live alone. Most of my female coworkers live safely alone. Why does a lesssbian lady need male protection?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by Fulaman198(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
eddy1977:

Are we talking about any single lady or a single Nigerian lady?
I don't see any shaniqua, lakeisha, lawanda staying with her parents untill marriage.

Most south African ladies live alone. Most of my female coworkers live safely alone. Why does a lesssbian lady need male protection?

?? Huh? this post na confuse me.

Men are physically stronger than women, that is why a man living with a woman serves as a deterrence to anyone who would dare having evil ambitions towards a woman.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by rafindo(m): 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

?? Huh? this post na confuse me.

Men are physically stronger than women, that is why a man living with a woman serves as a deterrence to anyone who would dare having evil ambitions towards a woman.

.are all male stronger than all female.pls stop all these paternistic mindset u are using to defend to skwed mind.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by Fulaman198(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
rafindo: .are all male stronger than all female.pls stop all these paternistic mindset u are using to defend to skwed mind.

If a man is not physically stronger than a woman, that man may want to check his testosterone levels. Women don't deny this fact. This is not a paternalistic mindset. Men and women are different physically, that is fact.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by rafindo(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fulaman198:

If a man is not physically stronger than a woman, that man may want to check his testosterone levels. Women don't deny this fact. This is not a paternalistic mindset. Men and women are different physically, that is fact.
.fulaman 4rm ur assertion u mean all men in dis world are physical stronger than all women in dis world.wat of hermaphrodite,men wit high oestrogen level wit masculine part.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by Fulaman198(m): 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
rafindo: .fulaman 4rm ur assertion u mean all men in dis world are physical stronger than all women in dis world.wat of hermaphrodite,men wit high oestrogen level wit masculine part.

Hermaphodites are neither men or women:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite

Men and women are biologically different, no one disputes that. Men are indeed physically stronger than women in most mammal species especially primates (which are what humans are). Stronger does not mean superior, it is just how genetics work. Males are built for strength. In the past, males were the ones who always fought in the toughest of wars (I'm aware there were female warriors). But would you ever imagine a lady with the power to drag a semi-truck on her shoulders? Absolutely not.
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
I just watched Hush - a movie where a deaf and dumb author who lives a solitary life was physically attacked by a serial killer - and wanted to know people's opinion on a single lady living alone .

Thanks for the contributions .
Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
I just watched Hush - a movie where a deaf and dumb author who lives a solitary life was physically attacked by a serial killer - and wanted to know people's opinion on a single lady living alone .

Thanks for the contributions .
Anyone can be attacked. Security is divine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Single Lady To Live Alone? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Muafrika2:

Anyone can be attacked. Security is divine.

True . I totally agree .

(1) (Reply)

History Of Yoruba Land / Breaking News. ORO In Ikorodu Area Pls Be Warned / So, You Think You Can Speak Hausa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.