Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,368 members, 7,836,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Where Will The Hike In Gas Prices Stop And What Do We Do - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Will The Hike In Gas Prices Stop And What Do We Do (746 Views)

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill / See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Will The Hike In Gas Prices Stop And What Do We Do by MyTempID: 7:41am On Jun 09, 2008
Like most people, I'm sick of spending, on average, thirty dollars on gas every three-four days.  Four-fifty per gallon - [i]s[/i]hit come on. I understand the days of one-dollar gas are come and gone.  At this rate however, we will be very lucky if gas ever dips below three dollars per gallon.
The hike not only affects the price of gas, it also makes the price of other goods increase.
It's hard to put all the blame on Bush; or to single out any one person. On second thought, maybe we should fault the war in Iraq. Since this war, gas price has more than tripled. Did the people suddenly start using more oil? Of course not. And, I absolutely do not think the suppply of oil went down. Gas consumption in the U.S. probably did go up. Who's responsible? The military. The military could be the ltitle death that has caused this mayhem.

It's time to start investing gazillions of dollars into alternative energy.
Re: Where Will The Hike In Gas Prices Stop And What Do We Do by naijadiva2(f): 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2008
the reality is that even if gas goes up to $10 per gallon, people are still going to drive and therefore still buy gas.
Re: Where Will The Hike In Gas Prices Stop And What Do We Do by SeanT21(f): 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2008
Its not the government fault, ITS THE OIL COMPANIES.

they are being selfish. They are gaining alot of profit from those prices. The government needs to tax them big time.

(1) (Reply)

Can Obama Happen Here? / Breaking News / Black! Who Is Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.