Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million (16374 Views)

NIS Arrests Suspected Nigerian Contacts Of ISIS Chief / Revealed: Fayose's Wife Make Emergency Trip To Dubai Over Son's Arrest. / Germany Quarantines Suspected Nigerian Ebola Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by TonySpike: 9:18am On Aug 22, 2013
In what is considered a breakthrough in its fight against international crimes, the Interpol Unit of the Nigeria Police Force, headed by DCP Adeyemi Ogunjemilusi, has in conjunction with its counterpart in Abu-Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, arrested one Itumo Anthony Chidebere, a suspected fraudster, who fled to Dubai after defrauding a Nigerian businesswoman of $2 million.

The 35-year-old suspect from Ebonyi State had been on the run for the past 13 months after perfecting the deal.

Vanguard gathered that in June, 2012, the suspect presented himself to the said businesswoman as an estate broker in Dubai, claiming that he could purchase a house for his victim.

He was said to have presented several documents and samples of influential Nigerians he claimed to have assisted to buy houses.

Relying on this assurance, the unsuspecting victim made a payment of $2,082,139 to the suspect, after which the suspect disappeared without purchasing the said house.

He chose rather to run from one country to another in a bid to evade arrest.

Meanwhile, Interpol at force headquarters is working with its United Arab Emirates counterpart and the Federal Ministry of Justice to facilitate the extradition of the suspect to Nigeria.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/2m-fraud-police-arrest-suspected-nigerian-fraudster-in-dubai/#sthash.41bWnrRI.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by goldenval(m): 9:33am On Aug 22, 2013
This post must make front page, I know it, I don't need to brag lol.

First to comment!!! Lmao!!.. Like seriously tho!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Tolexander: 9:54am On Aug 22, 2013
The 35-year-old suspect from
Ebonyi State had been on the
run for the past 13 months
after perfecting the deal
you can only be faster than sight and run out of sight. No matter the speed, nemesis has no leg and doesn't move but has a suprising way of catching up.

7 Likes

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 22, 2013
From Nigeria to Dubai again?......

Na wa for this my Dericos oooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by cashkid18(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2013
N i knw dt dis thread mst mak it to d fp....everybody knws d reason

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
Here we go again. undecided

1 Like

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by TonySpike: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
The sad truth is that...crime doesn't pay
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
Playing smart on a woman's money.
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Na these my brothers again o. Let me admit it before they shove it down our throats grin.

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by israel007: 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
This is an old story. It mad fp b4. He had pictures of dangote and other people. And claimed he worked for them b4.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by iamswizz(m): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hehehehe.. Apartment Scam..

Moral lesson: dont pay money for anything you cannot see, especially a stranger..

*runs to western union with 2 mtcn*

1 Like

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by redsun(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
What kind of nigrerian business woman will be able to dish out over two million dollars in an instant?What does she do?A government contractor or a politician's mistress?

6 Likes

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Leboska(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
please be fast about it.

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by omoba007(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nigeria Interpol nice one there.
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by colombiana: 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Tony Spike: The sad truth is that...crime doesn't pay
yeah yeah tell that to our politicians
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by wheesin(m): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
[/color] :- This is not Good ....dont steal and bring the cash to my BETDAY O..
.OR EVEN MY DEATHDAY IN 3013..

Anyways.....HBD TO ME....

ESE? ? [color=#000099]
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by infobiz9ja(m): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
Stale gist.
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by nerodenero: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
Tolexander:
you can only be faster than sight and run out of sight. No matter the speed, nemesis has no leg and doesn't move but has a suprising way of catching up.
Well said.
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Lilprocess(m): 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
this guy is a big fool,he suppose to run to borno and hide not dubai cool grin

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Jaywilzee(m): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
419 tinz....
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Iaz93: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
just 2million. . .mtcheew!!!
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by doctokwus: 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
Smears more like money laundering to me.How else wud a nigerian pay off $2m just like dat to purchase an apartment in far off dubai.While dey are busy prosecuting d guy,dey shd also bring d woman for questioning to account for d source of her wealth;its unlikely to b legitimate

1 Like

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by everyday: 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thats a lot of money
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by PapaBrowne(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
goldenval: This post must make front page, I know it, I don't need to brag lol.

First to comment!!! Lmao!!.. Like seriously tho!
Prophet goldenval.

Wow. How did the lady pay out 2 Million dollars of hard earned money(surely it ant have been) to a briefcase trotting fella without any office and staff.No due diligence, nothing! Surely she probably didn't have much value for the money, hence the carelessness.

And for the fraudster, since you are such a excellent marketer, why not use you skills to actually sell Dubai properties to interested individuals and make healthy commissions. You can actually set up a real office and employ real people and do real marketing of those Dubai properties. You really don't have to be a fraudster since your skills are strong enough to collect $2million upfront for just real estate. Jail time beckons!!

9 Likes

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by Aromas: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
Vanguard gathered that

Uhna just dey like make uhna dey gada news, why not dispose news. Mtswee. Weytin den talk say happen self
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by fckyourman: 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
Our ibos brothers are making us proud aboard.

Up one nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by alphaconde(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
If there's any one here who is into fraud be it yahoo yahoo hacking pples email selling fake cars, printing fake money, organising bank robbery, sending lacasera sms or fake estate agent, am begging u in the name of God please stop it. The end is always terrible. I see fraudsters marrying feeding their wifes with fraud money, paying children fee with fraud money, God is watching. Put ur self in ur victims shoes even if you cant see them. My boss last month lost 30k dollars to fraudsters who hacked his email. He has since not recovered from that loss. He is a young man finding a way out for his family.I advice u Find a meaningful business to do God who sees your heart as remosreful and repentant will bless you.

Please am crying as I plead with you.

10 Likes

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by blayz0923: 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

now lets be serious......
some one shows u pics and documents, then that was enough proof to commit $2m....
the woman too should be questioned.... $2m aint no small money to commit when u aint doin biz wit a company...
yes things can be staged, but come to think of it.... u wanna buy a house or property in Dubai, and have $2m, you didn't see adverts of companies or notable "first group" for a huge amount as that?, but to commit to someone on hear say or pic (the more u look, the less u see) basis....

let me borrow it "DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYMMMMNNNNNNNN".

the woman dull!!!! her friends to, dull!!!!, abi she been pilfer the money?

the guy sef dull!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by redsun(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
blayz0923: hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

some one shows u pics and documents, then that was enough proof to commit $2m....
the woman too should be questioned.... $2m aint no small money to commit when u aint doin biz wit a company...
yes things can be staged, but come to think of it.... u wanna buy a house or property in Dubai, and have $2m, you didn't see adverts of companies or notable "first group" for a huge amount as that?, but to commit to someone on hear say or pic (the more u look, the less u see) basis....

the guy sef dull!!!!!!

If the story is anything to go by,both the complainant,the accused and even the law enforcement investigating,especially from nigeriann side are culprits.There is something badly fishy there.
Re: Suspected Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Dubai Over US$2 Million by hustla(m): 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
blayz0923: hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

the guy sef dull!!!!!!

on point!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

TONYE COLE: I’m Certain Of Supreme Court Victory And Winning The Rivers Governor / Tambuwal: No One Has Monopoly Of Leading Nigeria / Omo-Agege: Tinubu, APC Will Win 2023 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.