Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers (801 Views)

Okada Ban: Motorcycle Dealers Nationwide To Cast Protest Votes / Okada Ban In Delta Starts Today / Lagos Threatens Total Okada Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by Kayraph(m): 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
The Benin Traditional Bone Setting Centre said it had lost 80 per cent of its customers to the ban on motorcycles.

Mr Louis Adaa, one of the managers of the centre, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Benin on Wednesday that the ban had negatively affected the bone setting business due to low patronage.

NAN recalls that Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, southern Nigeria, in a broadcast on 17 June, banned the use of motorcycles for commercial purpose in three local government areas of the state.

Adaa, however, said that despite the declining business, the ban was a welcome development.

“I like the ban on motorbikes because it has helped to reduce road crashes.

“Motorbikes had been boosting my business. The ban is a good development. In another way, I don’t like the ban because it is really affecting my business negatively.

“Before the ban, we usually received a lot of patients who were involved in motorbike accidents on a daily basis and we were really making good money.

“But now, only few patients come here and they are mainly those involved in domestic accidents. We hardly have patients on a regular basis, one per month,” he said.

Adaa, who did not mention the amount involved, said the business was owned by his father who sent him and his siblings to school with monies realised from it.

“Now that there is a ban, we will adjust. God will always make a way where there is no way,” he said.

Source: http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/08/22/okada-ban-bone-setter-laments-loss-of-customers/
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by omiobo: 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
gringringringrin
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by harlos: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
He must have been doing juju to cause accidents sef...undecided

grin
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by kokoA(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Lwkmd.. Dis tory funny die I swear! The governor should please consider the plight of these people and bring back okada. grin
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by harlos: 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
kokoA: Lwkmd.. Dis tory funny die I swear! The governor should please consider the plight of these people and bring back okada. grin
and u might be the next to visit him tonguetongue
grin
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
If a bone setter could lament this much,how would a coffin dealer lament? One man meat is another man's poison
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by yunglykmine(m): 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
“Before the ban, we usually received a lot of patients who were involved in motorbike accidents on a daily basis and we were really making good money".
^^^^ This actually reminds me of Coffin sellers, wishing & praying for more deaths so there will be a business boom.
Nigerians and Money sha.. Anything for Money.
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by Tolexander: 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wonder shall never cease.

They can then go out to continue to break people's legs.

Seems these people 'jujucally' have hands in the incessant motorcycle accidents
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by SLIDiE(m): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
In other news:

The casket makers association of naija don rellocate go europe!

Dem say naija people no wan die, in spite of the hardship, they no wan commit suicide!

Dem angry so tay dem rake:

They say: make una stay for naija make una no die!! Naija people don forget Jesus promise say mansion dey heaven!!! Make una no die make u go claim space.

Oyibo pippu plenty for there now dey collect keys to mansion...if u reesh heaven and oyibo pippu plenty pass una, make una no start to dey complain of racism and marginalization o!!!

In conclusion, dem beg say make we employ the alternate way of ending hardship by suicide because dem wan rellocate back home!

grin grin grin

Lobatan!!!
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by Kayraph(m): 8:32am On Aug 23, 2013
chiover: If a bone setter could lament this much,how would a coffin dealer lament? One man meat is another man's poison

I wonder oooo grin
Re: Okada Ban: Bone Setter Laments Loss Of Customers by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Now, this is as funny as it get

(1) (Reply)

Road That Leads To Sunday Onyebuchi Home Town, Deputy Governor Of Enugu State / Idu Alex President Unym Is Set To Carry The Yrhobo Youthd To The Place / Bamamngar Tukur Recognised By Inec As Pdp Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.