Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors (13860 Views)

Shekau’s ‘death’, Credit To Jonathan’s Govt. DAILY TIMES. / Human Rights Organization Lambasts Nigeria Military Over Shekau's Death / Americans Confirm Shekau's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by karlmax2: 8:13am On Aug 23, 2013
Shekau’s death excites BRIC investors
on August 23, 2013 at 1:00 am in News
By UDUMA KALU with agency report
The reported death of Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the Boko Haram insurgency, is making foreign investors look favourably towards investing in Nigeria.
Such investors are said to be frustrated by the low level of profit they are currently making from the BRIC nations of Brazil, India, Russia and China,  authoritative US journal, Forbes, has reported.
The report, published in Forbes, yesterday, said success in cracking down on security threats in the Niger Delta is also changing the security situation for the better.
And while terrorist disruption recedes, money keeps flowing into Nigeria.
In the last six months, U.S. corporations like Procter & Gamble PG -have committed at least $700 million to build new factories and agricultural facilities in the country while the Nigerian government itself announced a $1 billion fund to nurture the local software industry, which officials think can ultimately capture $20 billion a year from rivals like India, the magazine continued.
The leading American business magazine said though putting Lagos on equal footing with Bombay or Sao Paulo as a global capital hub in three years would be quite a feat, the foundations for such growth are already in place.
However, Nigeria, it said,  was one of the world’s four best-performing markets last year with a 35.45 per cent gain and is the biggest and most dynamic frontier economy in Africa, with a GDP at par with global capitals  like Hong Kong and Singapore.
Lagos, it went on, reminds fund managers of Houston multiplied by four times the population.
The report  written by  Hilary Kramer, who also writes for Wall Street Journal as equity analyst and investment manager, noted that though  many investors still think of Nigeria as a dangerous market engulfed by unrest and corruption, “ the $31 billion currently moving on the Nigerian Stock Exchange represents annual economic activity of $268 billion.
To buy the same amount of productivity in Singapore, for example, would cost nearly $737 billion, or 23 times as much.
Even in relatively mature emerging markets like Brazil and Russia that are unlikely to enjoy much in the way of future growth, have domestic equity trades at a 200 per cent to 300 per cent premium over what it would cost in Lagos.
The Nigerian economy is growing at an annualised rate well above six per cent, faster than any of the top-tier emerging markets, short of China itself, Kramer noted.

www.vanguard.com

6 Likes

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by owolabifunke14(f): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2013
Is Shakue really dead? Mek una no giv us false hope

2 Likes

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by hisswagness: 8:20am On Aug 23, 2013
Lol...d guy is probably hiding sumwhr wit his fone browsing thru nairaland...if he sees dis thread,sowi 4 u

4 Likes

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by ruffhandu: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2013
BRIC=Brasil, Russia, India, China
Is the bastard actually dead?
The only way he can prove he's alive is by sending out an 'undoctored' video message.

1 Like

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by karlmax2: 8:26am On Aug 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: Is Shakue really dead? Mek una no giv us false hope
if his not dead dont u think we would have seen another video of him? If i dont see a video of him by the end of today... or any rebuttal by him on his dead. i would beleive his dead...
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by karlmax2: 8:47am On Aug 23, 2013
The lying opposition would have us believe that nigeria is not progressing

1 Like

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by cashkid18(m): 8:53am On Aug 23, 2013
Lyk seriously shakara has finaly kicked d bucket,i refuse to believe it until i c his head rollin on d floor

1 Like

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by luvinhubby(m): 8:59am On Aug 23, 2013
karl max: The lying opposition would have us believe that nigeria is not progressing
Don't mind those desparados who don't see anything good when outsiders are seeing.
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2013
E be like say dis guy don die ooo. Good riddance to bad rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by karlmax2: 10:24am On Aug 23, 2013
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by veraponpo(m): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2013
ruffhandu: BRIC=British, Russia, India, China
The only way he can prove he's alive is by sending out an 'undoctored' video message.

Bros, the B is Brazil not Britain. It is actually BRICS meaning Brazil, Russia,India,China and South Africa. They are world emerging economies. Britain and other EU countries are not there. These countries used to be called developing countries until recently that they actually moved out of others.

3 Likes

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Where is the body, if BRIC investors discount evidence and continue and Shekau is still alive? hmmmm he might just be recupping and waiting for everyone to be in a relaxed mood.. then. .BOOOOM

1 Like

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 23, 2013
if truly he is dead the effect would have been felt from their camp. he probably knows that his death announcement is actually a plot by the JTF to know if he's still alive

1 Like

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by Trendy247: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2013
Don't worry d Boko group will soon com out with a video... For now they are preparing a better costume and make up for the would be Shekau.

1 Like

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by Emperor007: 10:40am On Aug 23, 2013

^^^

Is called BRICS. = Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa.

B is for Brazil, not "British"

2 Likes

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by idirect(m): 10:42am On Aug 23, 2013
Are they now going to invest in Yobe or Maiduguri?

2 Likes

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by kingarizona(m): 10:42am On Aug 23, 2013
Meanwhile.........
An Interview With Commandant Shem Obafaiye, "My Oga At The Top"
On shakau's deather

Reporter - Good day sir
Shem - Good day

Reporter - sir, we have been hearing different speculations that the leader
Of the so called BOKO HARAM terrorist leader "SHEKUA" has been killed
But there is no confirmation of this death!! So sir what do u have to
say bout this rumor.
SHEM - I can not really say anything about shakau's death, before nigerians
Would say I said something again

Reporter - but as a security agent and a commandant of NSDC you are suppose to
Have an idea bout this Rumor.
SHEM - I can categorically tell u if shakau is death, its is only known
By my 'Oga at top' only him have a say!!

Reporter - so sir is that all you can say bout this!!
SHEM - That's all!!!!

Repoter - its a pleasure talking to u sir
Shem - you are welcome
gringringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by hotwax: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2013
BRIC=Brazil, Russia, India, China
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by planetuzor(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2013
If a hear say I believe
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2013
king arizona: How are we sure this SHAKAU man is dead!!! undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by BrightCar: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2013
Still waiting to hear shekau shout Allahu kuruba, Allahu kuruba on the video. If I don't hear after 7days then I believe. Don't call me a Thomas.
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by realone2012: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Se Shekau don die? shocked
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2013
hisswagness: Lol...d guy is probably hiding sumwhr wit his fone browsing thru nairaland...if he sees dis thread,sowi 4 u

he could even be one of those ban tasty mods who knows
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by alphaconde(m): 10:47am On Aug 23, 2013
I thought it was BRICS brazil russia india china and south africa. Why is this report stating BRIC?
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by Super1759: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2013
karl max: if his not dead dont u think we would have seen another video of him? If i dont see a video of him by the end of today... or any rebuttal by him on his dead. i would beleive his dead...
how can you believe such thing? how many days ago did the military say they "think" he is dead. recall how this people operate. they kill people with evidence of dead bodies but our military tell us "we killed...."
its too early to think bokoharam will release a video...
but the question should be " are we fighting shekau or the idea behind bokoharam?"
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by ibkgab001: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2013
Noted
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2013
hisswagness: Lol...d guy is probably hiding sumwhr wit his fone browsing thru nairaland...if he sees dis thread,sowi 4 u
Lmao cheesy
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by realone2012: 10:49am On Aug 23, 2013
Want to buy a Samsung Galaxy S4 !!! Is it worth the money 94k?
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by Emylexray(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2013
Shekau might be browsing through nairaland now with a bottle of chilled kunu and smilling at his screen. grin grin grin in his voice *kai, me i dead? Me i dream*

6 Likes

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by aliyubaka: 10:49am On Aug 23, 2013
Nigeria is still infested with other Muslim jihads willing to kill for a crazy and mentally deranged god called Allah.
Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by playcharles(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2013
SHAKAU'S DEY BANANA ISLAND they enjoy one month vacation grin

1 Like

Re: Shekau's Death Excites Bric Investors by iamswizz(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2013
Last to comment!

Shey na the shekau wey i see for Abule-Egba dey buy roasted corn, them talk sey he die?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded / Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director / IGP Warns Officers Against Using Roadblocks To Extort Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.