Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August (18945 Views)

Photos From The Osun Osogbo Festival / 6 Key Facts About Osun Osogbo Festival / Agemo Festival Today In Ijebu-ode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Frabidel(f): 8:43am On Aug 23, 2013
Today 23rd august is a special day for osun osogbo peepz,you know i be osun boy nao,i mean staying in osun ni o so i gats to update you guys what is happening in osun osogbo today.

Today is Osun Festival day! Osun-Osogbo Grove is among the last of the sacred forests which usually adjoined the edges of most Yoruba cities before extensive urbanization. Osun-Osgogbo festival is celebrated every year. Osun- worshippers come from all walks of life to celebrate this day.

Do i need to tell you this?#thinks#hmmn let me just summarize it" Ọṣun State is an inland state in south-western Nigeria.

Its capital is Osogbo,that's where the festival is always celebrated and the osun river is located there. Osun State is bounded in the north by Kwara State, in the east partly by Ekiti State and partly by Ondo State, in the south by Ogun State and in the west by Oyo State.

The state's current governor is Rauf Aregbesola, who was declared as the winner of 2007 election by Appeal Court in Ibadan on 26 November 2010. Osun State is home to several of Nigeria's most famous landmarks"please am i still summarizing?ok let's go. So today is a special day where a lot of people come together to worship yeye osun,people in abroad,from other states do come for this festival...lenukan anybody that believes in yeye osun always come for this day to pray.

I have been noticing traffic congestion since 2days now,i was like osun festival things.
Are you also here in osogbo for osun festival?then this is the opportunity to meet the ceo of frabidel.com winks
Happy yeye osun ooo!

Read more
http://www.frabidel.com/2013/08/osun-state-celebrates-osun-osogbo.html

3 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by olarwarlay(m): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
Awwwwww.... I miss, wish i was around to attend.

Omoluabi for life!

4 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by premlove(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Wow gud to be second
Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Great!

Osun seems to be at the forefront of celebrating Yoruba culture and traditions...and I'm happy with what the governor is doing. Since Osun is the cradle of Yoruba civilisation. And apart from the Eyo festival in Lagos, it seems the rest don't really care about the traditions anymore.

Anyway, I'll like to see the Ijebu's celebrate the "Agemo" thing as well.

1 Like

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by adexsimply(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
ok..when will "Lagos State Celebrate Ikeja Festival"?

1 Like

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Fazhy: 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
prem love: Wow gud to be second

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by druid06(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
Someone should kindly explain what the festival is about in great details. Yes, I know it is a festival of some sorth but what does it stand and represent?

Where is Pagan9ja when you need him?

2 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by ESULAALU: 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
Really, really wish I could attend o. I admire osun worshippers sha.i just admire the purity associated with the worship of yeye osun.

3 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by HAH: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
I remember when I served in osogbo in the year 2000 I visited the festival and also the shrine, i chatted with Susan wenger then the custodian.

I love osun people for up holding their traditions.

One day soon I will go to osogbo on s short holiday and will also visit places like, ojaoba, igbonna,erin ijesa,okefia,testing ground, sabo,technical,powerline,otaefun oresunbare etc

One love

6 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by AMossley(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
@op,let Aregbesola catch you with this tag osun state instead of his acclaimed state of osun
by the way,did you see mermaid?

1 Like

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Onaolamipo: 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
Idol worshippers. You are worshipping what cannot speak or hear. It has no power. God is powerful

9 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by nerodenero: 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
ESULAALU: Really, really wish I could attend o. I admire osun worshippers sha.i just admire the purity associated with the worship of yeye osun.
ESULAALU ke!!!
Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by ESULAALU: 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
nerodenero: ESULAALU ke!!!

Esulaalu Ogiri oko!!

1 Like

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
nerodenero: ESULAALU ke!!!
esu laalu
ogiri oko
Ebora ti nje latopa
Olomi nile fejewe
olaso nile fi ...bora
...etc

3 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by johnstar(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
undecided
Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by 1dickatatime: 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
As much as I want to identify with the state of Osun as Osogbo is my place of birth, I detest idolatory in all it's forms and presentation.

8 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by hardbody: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
Looks like a day to get punny easily. All these festivities come with willing chicks for free punny donations. I will be there next year. Yes. with a trailer load of condoms.

1 Like

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Kunlexic(m): 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
@ OP,23th or 23rd...
Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by omiobo: 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
ESULAALU: Really, really wish I could attend o. I admire osun worshippers sha.i just admire the purity associated with the worship of yeye osun.
Blood of Jesus!!! Which kind moniker be this?
Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by delikay4luv: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
it's all round fun
Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by misterh(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
Oya where are those people claiming that Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola wants to 'islamize' Osun state. He declared holiday for traditional worshippers & identified with the funeral of a christian cleric, Obadare! His government is an all inclusive one, as it was not the vote of people of a particular religion that brought him into office. Ogbeni, go on soun! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by dareyking(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
If u knw you are a really Omoluabi,Omo Oduduwa.....jst press the 'LIKE' button and identify with Us...Darelee on Nairalee..

21 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by AMossley(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
@op,let Aregbesola catch you with the tag osun state you used instead of his acclaimed state of osun.
Btw,did you see the mermaid?

1 Like

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
You can't take it from Oshogbo, it's the centre of arts in Yorubaland, and Nigeria. Think of any stage actor, traditional poet, forklore, etc, think of Oshogbo. No wonder Wole Soyinka, Ola Rotimi, Michael Crowder, Yemi Ogunmola, Ulli Beir, etc, that could be said to be pioneers of modern arts, have connections with Oshogbo.

1 Like

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
hardbody: Looks like a day to get punny easily. All these festivities come with willing chicks for free punny donations. I will be there next year. Yes. with a trailer load of condoms.
you wan go f*ck mammy water?

2 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
shymexx: Great!

Osun seems to be at the forefront of celebrating Yoruba culture and traditions...and I'm happy with what the governor is doing. Since Osun is the cradle of Yoruba civilisation. And apart from the Eyo festival in Lagos, it seems the rest don't really care about the traditions anymore.

Anyway, I'll like to see the Ijebu's celebrate the "Agemo" thing as well.
i was at the agemo festival last year, i followed the oyin kin koro and idebi agemo procession right from ago iwoye down to imodi mosan village in ijebu ode. It was fun and spiritually enlightening!
Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Onaolamipo: Idol worshippers. You are worshipping what cannot speak or hear. It has no power. God is powerful

Who is your own god?

2 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by JesusAmbassador(f): 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
1dickatatime: As much as I want to identify with the state of Osun as Osogbo is my place of birth, I detest idolatory in all it's forms and presentation.
My brother,it is so disheartening to even see Christians,going to worship idol n going to seek blessings from demons and call it festival. That's how pple get possessed

3 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Donmichaelz(m): 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
ModaFuckers how can nigeria progress,idol worshiping
I heard the spirit is Mermaid,if I will go to such place it is to Kidnap d biitch and ask for 100 billion,if dem like their god make dem send d money or ama FUuuck the spirit to death smiley

*singing I wil neva worship man made god man made god*
Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
Good evening peeps
i'm currently watching sister linda's testimony of heaven and hell

i urge you all to try to watch this divine revelation because it z the word of God
pls watch it and give ur lyf to CHRIST

PLS BELEIVE
PLS REPENT

May GOD help us IN JESUS NAME

5 Likes

Re: Osun States Celebrates Osogbo Festival Today 23rd Of August by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
adexsimply: ok..when will "Lagos State Celebrate Ikeja Festival"?
Ojodu day was celebrated not long ago. Can hardly wait for olojo festival in ile ife a well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emir Of Borgu Haliru Dantoro-Kitoro Is Dead / Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government / Questions about Nok People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.