Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike (14322 Views)

JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike / All Health Workers Can Now Be Consultants-fg / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Imeyo(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
mrjingles tank u.@super u dnt get my point.
every oda sector can strike as long as they want bt 4 health sector to do dat....they are doing humanitarian job sm1's life may b hanging on dat IV fluid stand.dnt turn ur bck on dem.health minister u nid to make a press statement or.....
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Mcfemad(m): 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
This is pathetic; strikes everywhere!
I was at the Federal Medical Hospital, Abeokuta with my 1-month old baby yesterday who needs medical attention and was left unattended to. Everywhere was closed and no one could be seen in sight. I'd to plead with one of the doctors I saw in his car but didn't respond. Everywhere was shut including the emergency section. I wonder why the govt has to be this callous.

It was quite unfortunate as I'd to make a quick plan for a private hospital nearby- which was quite stressful as we'd to start another case history again.

If anyone close to the "powers that be" in this country is reading this; this is appeal that you meet the demands of the striking workers- ASUU and Health Workers and let them resume their duties.

Please, Please and Please.

Thank you!
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Symphony007: 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Some of the comments here dumping on the health workers is really making me mad. These people save lives, they work in under equiped hospitals with so much work load. At the end they are not taken care of. But our beloved government officials who do next to nothing earn millions, plus allowances, official cars,etc....does that sound fair to you? Some nigerians are becoming complacent to their government's idiocy.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Gideon1010(m): 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Na waoo!, na so shai in mumucracy d mumucrant ve no say at all nomatter wats wroung abi?.God's tym is d best.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Gwekzy: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ok na...FG embark on a nationwide strike...
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by onagoodday1: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
wengerjay: Doctors are in charge of course.FG shd encourage international standard of medical practice in Nigeria.But sha,anything goes in this country,people take laws into their hands.This is a country where a commercial bus driver wld say he wants to pilot a plane and the govt wil give its consent.Lets see what happens in the long run.

your point exactly
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2013
I just opened my dictionary this morning and saw this.

NIGERIA: the country that runs on strikes...
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by ehis010(m): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
na wa oh, no lite, ASUU is on strike, nw doctors don join too...gudluck kno say im no fit rule bt im force im sef.....infact i don taya 4 naija.....lite dn cum mak i go play ps 2.....mtchwwww...d fools dn tak am bak....dem curse naija trully

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
Imeyo: mrjingles tank u.@super u dnt get my point.
every oda sector can strike as long as they want bt 4 health sector to do dat....they are doing humanitarian job sm1's life may b hanging on dat IV fluid stand.dnt turn ur bck on dem.health minister u nid to make a press statement or.....

...purewater.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by onagoodday1: 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
prof onyebuchi chukwu should just resign so that we can have fresh air in the health sector.....please GEJ should sack that empty head!!!!
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
Yungwizzzy: GEj dey try oo hypertension nor go kill am??

Who cares if him die? Others wey die nko? NLC, pls join the strike and let everything crumble. Evidence of fresh! Where are those gej bootlickers in the likes of 'insincere 9gerian', byllionaire, Itbomb etc? Let them come and show us fresh air here abeg!
#Nonsense gej#
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
wengerjay: Doctors are in charge of course.FG shd encourage international standard of medical practice in Nigeria.But sha,anything goes in this country,people take laws into their hands.This is a country where a commercial bus driver wld say he wants to pilot a plane and the govt wil give its consent.Lets see what happens in the long running.

You succeeded in saying nothings...
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
Somebody please summarize the demands of the striking federal medical workers. And why is the government so notorious for failing to fulfill its promises?

Reminds me of Napoleon Bonaparte saying: "make many promises but don't fulfill them"

The politicians know understand that strategy very well.

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
Super1759: see what ASSU strike is causing
students will come on-board and keeping saying things they don't know
compare strikes during obj's regime to GEJ's regime and get back at me.
compare strike during yar adua's regime to gej and get back to me.

*DISCLAIMER: no insult from any brat,i am not supporting GEJ in any of these.
Nigeria will get there somehow.

You need the best medical attention you can get, but oops the health workers are on strike too!!! You might have to carry that retarded brain of your around for a little while. Rubbish!
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
Symphony007: Some of the comments here dumping on the health workers is really making me mad. These people save lives, they work in under equiped hospitals with so much work load. At the end they are not taken care of. But our beloved government officials who do next to nothing earn millions, plus allowances, official cars,etc....does that sound fair to you? Some nigerians are becoming complacent to their government's idiocy.
Tell them oo, a failed country, the citizens are not help either.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by drwebs: 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
ehizo25: Somebody please summarize the demands of the striking federal medical workers. And why is the government so notorious for failing to fulfill its promises?

Reminds me of Napoleon Bonaparte saying: "make many promises but don't fulfill them"

The politicians know understand that strategy very well.

The striking health workers include Nurses, Pharmacists, laboratory technicians, mortishians, etc except doctors.
What I keep hearing concerning the demands of these workers amongst others is that;
they want equal salaries with doctors when they have been promoted to a certain level. that is, a grade 10 nurse shud be paid the sqme salary the doctors are receiving.

secondly, I alsoheard they want the federal govt to make the post of the Chief Medical Doctor open to any health worker and not just doctors.

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by petrov10: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
the planmaker: I was in school, ASUU went on strike, the department placed us on clinical posting, Johesu went on strike, I'm going home, praying that mummy doesn't go on strike
how are u my man..Good to see u here huh
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by striker9(m): 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nigeria,a failed state indeed!
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Jaywilzee(m): 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Strike?? Na today we dey hear d word?..oga of all strikes ASUU r stil strikin like thunda,
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by armadeo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
drwebs:

The striking health workers include Nurses, Pharmacists, laboratory technicians, mortishians, etc except doctors.
What I keep hearing concerning the demands of these workers amongst others is that;
they want equal salaries with doctors when they have been promoted to a certain level. that is, a grade 10 nurse shud be paid the sqme salary the doctors are receiving.

secondly, I alsoheard they want the federal govt to make the post of the Chief Medical Doctor open to any health worker and not just doctors.

Interesting points raised. BrB
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by chuksbogus: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
everyday: People are dying and they are going on
strike! Who is in charge here?
Doctors are in charge of course.FG shd encourage
international standard of medical practice in
Nigeria.But sha,anything goes in this
country,people take laws into their hands.This is a
country where a commercial bus driver wld say he
wants to pilot a plane and the govt wil give its
consent.Lets see what happens in the long run.
( Quote ) ( Report) 2 Likes ( Like).
who told you that doctors are incharge? you better accept reality bro. NURSES own the wards and they are on strike so deal with that. this is a country where some grandiose fools thinks they can cook for the multitude without them finishing the food.forgeting that is the multitude cook for him he is in for god knows what

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by AdekunleBalogun: 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
Okija_juju: EVIL MEN have surrounded President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.. They are trying to pull him down, but they shall fall for his sake.. Thus says the Gods..

ASUU - Strike
ASUP - Strike
PHCN - Strike
HEALTH WORKERS - Strike
Boko Haram - Strike.
Repentant Militant - Strike
Police - Threatening Strike (Over 5,500 naira deduction from their Salaries)

All this on one man.. Na dem go tire..

over 30,000naira was deducted from my salary through this IPPIS.... mama okojo, God is watching u in HD ooo
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Petbuk123(m): 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
Wats next 4 ds country?y s evrythng on strike except d politic? GOD na ur hand we dey oo
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
very bad for students because greater emphasis would be placed on the health section.
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Bastituta(m): 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
Black Peni5: This is not the time to fall ill...You might just die.
yes ooo! FG y una dey play wif our welfare nw? Educatn-strike,healthKstrike,security-half
nawa oooo!
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Bastituta(m): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=armadeo]
wats all dis rubbish? If dey wnt same salary as doctors dey sud go bak to sch nw abi poly nd uni b dsame? Dey r lik ASUP NIYEN OOO
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Dsdada: 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
wengerjay: Doctors are in charge of course.FG shd encourage international standard of medical practice in Nigeria.But sha,anything goes in this country,people take laws into their hands.This is a country where a commercial bus driver wld say he wants to pilot a plane and the govt wil give its consent.Lets see what happens in the long run.
DOCTORS IN CHARGE? NO WONDER THE CONFUSION AND STRIKES. DID NOT KNOW THAT GEJ IS NOT IN CHARGE-C-IN-C BY NAME...FRESH AIR!!?
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Dbeliever(m): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
Even this medical doctor issue is a long time dispute. FG your own don finish!
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by Visocrate(m): 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
i pray that innocent patients die not in this politicized strike
Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by onagoodday1: 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
Imeyo: tongue
as long as business is moving in d petroleum industry. Health workers and ASUU,ESPECIALLY ASUU can continue striking on d media.I trust OBJ,no work no pay.Jona can u do dat?I knw u wil stil meet their demand bt show em sm bone to chew.
My
brother,the strike is not really about money or salaries but mainly for
professionalism and separation of duties along the lines of professional
qualification,people are fighting to free themselves from the strangulating clutch
of medical doctors,people/workers feel that what we run in nigeria is the
ministry of doctors and not ministry of health,the medical doctors feels that a
lab scientist who through his duty comfirms diagnosis before a doctor could
commence treatment is not a professional after five years of education,the
ministry of health feels no other person is qualified to head an hospital (an
administrative post) except a medical doctor,the medical doctors feels that a
clinical pharmacist is not competent enough to prescribe a drug,advice him on
drug use etc,the minister of health is a medical doctor and he foolishly thinks a
medical doctor is a mr know it all,the disharmony in the health sector is
orchestrated by dr ransom kuti and sustained by NMA, The workers feels that as
a profesional,they should be allowed to do their job,and what is due to them
should be given to them,how can a medical doctor feel he/she can do without
the the nurse,if you see the way and manner they order nurses around,you will
feel for them, my dear when and anytime the president and the minister of
health ensure that everyone does their work according to their professional
inclination and compensated as such,then this sort of strike will be a thing of
the past.

1 Like

Re: Federal Health Workers Embark On Strike by eaglechild: 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
ehis010: na wa oh, no lite, ASUU is on strike, nw doctors don join too...gudluck kno say im no fit rule bt im force im sef.....infact i don taya 4 naija.....lite dn cum mak i go play ps 2.....mtchwwww...d fools dn tak am bak....dem curse naija trully
Doctors are not part of the strike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should Non-doctors Head health Institutions? / COVID-19 Update For September 29 2020 In Nigeria -(3,815 Tested)) / Fresh Coronavirus Outbreak Hit Benue, 25 Cases Reported

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.