Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) (2269 Views)

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? / Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Gombs(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2013
Gen 1v 31

31 And God saw every thing that he had made , and, behold, it was very good And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

The bible recorded that ALL God created was not just good, but VERY good. Question is, where did evil come from?
God never created evil, because evil is NOT a kind of good, and also because ALL God created was good. Evil is what happens when the love of God is not in us (No wonder Jesus gave us the best commandment-LOVE, and Love is the fulfillment of Moses' Laws- Romans 13v8). What then, does it mean to Love God?

John 14v15 New English Translation Bible

"If you love me, you will obey my commandments."

The proof of loving God is keeping his Words. How then can we Keep his Words if we don't know them?

John 14:21
New International Version (NIV)
21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one
who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my
Father, and I too will love them and show myself to
them.”

This is not a promise! It's a statement of fact! Meaning to love God, we have to get hold of His Words, keep them and He will SURELY manifest himself to us.

So, what then? The Devil was once an Angel, he didn't have the love of God in him (didn't keep God's command). He then brought evil to being, since evil is the result of what happens when we don't love God. So poverty, pain, sickness, disease, envy, hate, unforgiveness, murder, Natural disasters, etc became of the Devil, because Evil is the opposite of Good. God created ALL good things as we saw above, and the Devil through his action begot evil and its fruits.

But what about Natural Disasters, why does God allow them to happen? Who Created them?

Let's see it as thus, when you see a brand new mercedes Car, you go on admiring it, till you saw a massive dent at one part of the car. You won't conclude the manufacturers designed the car that way, would you? Same here. The bible recorded in Gen 1v 1-2 KJV

1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the
earth.

There was a heaven and an Earth. God now casted down from heaven,the Devil and his cohorts down to the Earth after their rebellion/disobedience/evil. Now after the devil was casted down with his cohorts, look what they did to the Earth God (who creates good) created.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and
darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The Earth was a chaotic mass, nothing was working, it was rendered Void, by who?? The devil. The earth has those dents because of the devil. But God, came along and started fixing things. Till he fixed it all, and rested. But the Devil still has the powers God allocated him as an Arch Angel, God never collected them because Romans 11v29 English Standard Version
Says

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

In other words when God gives something to you, he never takes it back, no matter how evil you turn afterwards. So, the devil still having those powers, continues to dent the Earth with it, causing more harm to the Earth (suffering, pain, disease, etc). God will not stop him( not that he can't), because legally, the devil rules the earth,because God casted him down here. No wonder Jesus said "you are in the world, but not of this World". So, he averts devils plans of destruction through his Sons on Earth (Christians). That's a legal way, because man lives here on Earth, and God now decided to Live in man(those who believes in Jesus) through the HolySpirit.

He then stops the antics of the devil through believers
In Jesus Christ ONLY, and he can only do that When we pray. Note that God WILL DO NOTHING on Earth if we don't pray, it doesn't matter how ravaged the Earth gets through the works of Satan, he will not interfere. That's why Jesus said in Luke 18v1 "men ought to always pray, and not faith". He went on and on saying we should ASK not Complain-Ask(ask means make a request he did not say complain to, for God knows your heart, he's seen dat concern of urs, he just needs you to ASK of him anything) the Father ANYTHING in my name, and He will do it for you", mark 11 v22 he said, "HAVE FAITH IN GOD".

You may ask, Must we Pray? Doesn't he see the disasters and Pain? Shey he said He'd not Sleep nor Slumber, shey he said, shey he said,but he said...etc

In Ezekiel 36 God promised a lot for His people, he said he would enrich them, restore them, he will put his spirit in them and cause them to walk in his statutes, that he'd dwell in the land, he will save them from disasters, buy yet after saying all these goodies to them, see what he said in verse 37
Ezekiel 36v37 AMP

37 Thus says the Lord God: For this also I will let the house of Israel inquire of Me to do it for them; ...

He still wanted them to Pray(ASK of him, prayer is asking not complaining). We must pray (ask) because he'd only do for us what we ask, he won't do for us what we didn't ask for, no matter how long you suffer in for example poverty, he is not gonna change dat for you, except you ask for a change. He's moved by faith, not tears, not complains, not rebellion.

So, those disasters happen because those affected don't pray (ask) God for aversion or change in that situation. He doesn't need a whole Nation to pray, he just need one man with and earnest prayer in FAITH. James 5v16-17. Then imagine what a hundred would do, or thousands or millions would do in earnest prayer

You see why Jesus said we should GO and tell ALL Creature (not just man), the good news (gospel)? Because if the nation knew this, we'd be better off.

If they knew that instead of complaining of bad governments and no jobs, and corruption of government officials, if they quit complaining about bad economy and disasters, and diseases and so on, if the quit complaining and instead get praying, things would be long better?

Israelites stayed 40yrs in d wilderness not for disobedience, not for lying or any such, but for COMPLAINING. God marveled at their unbelief, even after he split a sea in front of them,they still complained after, brought quails to d wilderness, brought water out of a rock, they still complained after etc they still complained..twas supposed to be a 40day journey. But rather than for them to pray about a difficult situation, they Complained.

In Conclusion, God wants us well, He will only have one you (no you ever existed before you or will after you), He is always trying to get close to us, He wants us to be partakers of divinity, to leave like gods which we are (psalms 82v6, Exodus 7v1), this is why Christianity is NOT a religion. God did not initiate Evil and Negativity.

James 1v17 New International Version

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

God Bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2013
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Joagbaje(m): 9:35am On Aug 23, 2013
Great truth
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 23, 2013
Hey Gombs,

Great job!

Quick question if you don't mind...

You believe God did not create evil...this much I believe too but do you think that God, though not the 'creator' of evil, still uses some sought of 'evil' to achieve his purpose here on Earth?
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Gombs(m): 10:09am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi: Hey Gombs,

Great job!

Quick question if you don't mind...

You believe God did not create evil...this much I believe too but do you think that God, though not the 'creator' of evil, still uses some sought of 'evil' to achieve his purpose here on Earth?

Tnk you sir for your question.

Let's read James 1 from verses 13-15 NIV

13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting
me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he
tempt anyone;
14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.
15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

God CANNOT behold evil, there's no darkness in him, if he wanna effect whatever purpose on Earth he uses his Word. God's Word (Bible) is His Wisdom. So like I said, when he wanna effect any kinda purpose he uses his Words

Psalms 107v19-20 AMP

19 Then they cry to the Lord in their trouble, and He
delivers them out of their distresses.
20 He sends forth His word and heals them and rescues them from the pit and destruction.

God does not function outside his words.

1 Like

Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2013
I agree. God is the author of good, but he punishes sin too.
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:25am On Aug 23, 2013
Lies from a delusional drunkard...... Christians with their cherry picking. And you will tell us satan is the father of all liars...ye are sons of lies
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs:

Tnk you sir for your question.

Let's read James 1 from verses 13-15 NIV

13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting
me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he
tempt anyone;
14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.
15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

God CANNOT behold evil, there's no darkness in him, if he wanna effect whatever purpose on Earth he uses his Word. God's Word (Bible) is His Wisdom. So like I said, when he wanna effect any kinda purpose he uses his Words

Psalms 107v19-20 AMP

19 Then they cry to the Lord in their trouble, and He
delivers them out of their distresses.
20 He sends forth His word and heals them and rescues them from the pit and destruction.

God does not function outside his words.

Another great post but I am thinking more about some other ish. For instance, if a father commits a crime, he is punished and not his children. God made us understand that he can punish a child for the sins of the father.

Under normal circumstances this would be regarded as a wicked act if it is done by man. Judging by this, won't it be safe to say that God uses some wicked acts, even though he did not create them?
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Gombs(m): 10:42am On Aug 23, 2013
Chibuebem: I agree. God is the author of good, but he punishes sin too.

God doesn't 'punish' for sin. Jesus paid fully for sin. So, no one will ever pay d price of sin, except that person rejects Jesus' payment (dies in sin, unbelief in Jesus).Look what happen, He sets life and death for us to choose. He now says life is eternal bliss with God and Death is eternal damnation n torment. He now let's us choose.Now damnation(death) is for those who heeded to the devil's instructions. So he doesn't punish per se, we just made the choice of damnation if we reject his commands. He won't force us to choose life, and he doesn't punish you for choosing death. Its all our choice. If we chose death (damnation), then we have to face d tune of it, so see, God dint sentence you to damnation, you did.
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi:

Another great post but I am thinking more about some other ish. For instance, if a father commits a crime, he is punished and not his children. God made us understand that he can punish a child for the sins of the father.

Under normal circumstances this would be regarded as a wicked act if it is done by man. Judging by this, won't it be safe to say that God uses some wicked acts, even though he did not create them?
God did reverse it.
"20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear
the iniquity of the father,
neither shall the father bear
the iniquity of the son: the
righteousness of the righteous
shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked
shall be upon him." Eze18:20

1 Like

Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Gombs(m): 10:46am On Aug 23, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Lies from a delusional drunkard...... Christians with their cherry picking. And you will tell us satan is the father of all liars...ye are sons of lies

My bible says in Psalm 14v1 New Living Translation

1 For the choir director: A psalm of David. Only fools
say in their hearts, "There is no God." They are
corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them
does good!

Tnx for stopping by, dear atheist!
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 23, 2013
@OP.. just my personal opinion ooh, your post is just a waffle and shuffle in Biblical sophistry. it is feel good though and useful for keeping the faithful in check of their vices. but all that talk no be the truth, na just Biblical truth but not factual Truth.. even by Biblical Standards. no offense intended.
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Gombs(m): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi:

Sir, grin

When he blesses he blesses to the third Generation. And meanwhile he said all these before Christ brought Grace through faith. Christ brought us a new Priesthood, he makes mediations for us, according to book of Hebrews
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Gombs(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2013
voltron: @OP.. just my personal opinion ooh, your post is just a waffle and shuffle in Biblical sophistry. it is feel good though and useful for keeping the faithful in check of their vices. but all that talk no be the truth, na just Biblical truth but not factual Truth.. even by Biblical Standards. no offense intended.

Your opinion is noted. Tnx for stopping by
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 23, 2013
idnoble135:
God did reverse it.
"20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear
the iniquity of the father,
neither shall the father bear
the iniquity of the son: the
righteousness of the righteous
shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked
shall be upon him." Eze18:20

I like this...

But I can decipher from your post that this was the case before it was abolished. Still, would you agree that God used evil at some point, though he did not create them?
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi:

I like this...

But I can decipher from your post that this was the case before it was abolished. Still, would you agree that God used evil at some point, though he did not create them?
I think its better to use the word "permit" than "use" or "caused".
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Gombs(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi:

I like this...

Are you saying God is evil? Cos for him to use evil, he must be evil
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs:

Sir, grin

When he blesses he blesses to the third Generation. And meanwhile he said all these before Christ brought Grace through faith

But God does not change. Do I take the above to mean that God used evil at some point before the coming of Christ?
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Gombs(m): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi:

But God does not change. Do I take the above to mean that God used evil at some point before the coming of Christ?

I await your ans to my above question
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2013
idnoble135:
I think its better to use the word "permit" than "use" or "caused".

Hmmm....

Do you care to explain?
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs:

Are you saying God is evil? Cos for him to use evil, he must be evil

I know for a fact that God is not evil. This is my personal belief which I can defend. I am just curious about the defence you can put up for your belief.
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs:

The bible recorded that ALL God created was not just good, but VERY good. Question is, where did evil come from?
God never created evil, because evil is NOT a kind of good, and also because ALL God created was good. Evil is what happens when the love of God is not in us (No wonder Jesus gave us the best commandment-LOVE, and Love is the fulfillment of Moses' Laws- Romans 13v8). What then, does it mean to Love God?
Great post Op.Sometimes i used to wonder whether God really created evil when i read these scriptures below:

(Isaiah 45:7, KJV) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
(Amos 3:6) - "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

Can you give us more insight as regard to these?
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Gombs(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi:

I know for a fact that God is not evil. This is my personal belief which I can defend. I am just curious about the defence you can put up for your belief.

You just said God is not evil and you can defend it, then why these questions?

I ask again, for one to use evil, that person must be evil, YES OR NO?
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmm....

Do you care to explain?
The thing here is, if we say God used evil, it could imply God as the cause and he has an intention to use it.
But i'd want you to see it this way. God told satan about Job. Satan requested, and God "permitted" that Job be tried. God did not cause it but he permitted it.
And if God permits anything, it simple means, no matter how bad what he permitted to happen might be, God can still use it to favor us.
What am trying to explain is, we should not consider the fact that God used something because he created/caused it.
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs:

The question you asked is:

Gombs: Are you saying God is evil? Cos for him to use evil, he must be evil

Which I have already answered:

striktlymi:

When you are ready, my question to you (again) is:

striktlymi:

If you can't answer it, there is no wahala.
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2013
idnoble135:
The thing here is, if we say God used evil, it could imply God as the cause and he has an intention to use it.
But i'd want you to see it this way. God told satan about Job. Satan requested, and God "permitted" that Job be tried. God did not cause it but he permitted it.
And if God permits anything, it simple means, no matter how bad what he permitted to happen might be, God can still use it to favor us.
What am trying to explain is, we should not consider the fact that God used something because he created/caused it.

Oh, okay...
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: Great post Op.Sometimes i used to wonder whether God really created evil when i read these scriptures below:

(Isaiah 45:7, KJV) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
(Amos 3:6) - "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

Can you give us more insight as regard to these?
i remember reading that the Kjv did not render the correct translation of that verse. Thats the one isaiah talked about.
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 23, 2013
^
trying to locate the link.
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs:

My bible says in Psalm 14v1 New Living Translation

1 For the choir director: A psalm of David. Only fools
say in their hearts, "There is no God."
They are
corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them
does good!

Tnx for stopping by, dear atheist!

The bold shows you a complete daft. Did I discuss about God existence here? You missed what your bible said.

Matthew 5:22
New International Version (NIV)
22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

^^^^this should suffix your ignorance, stupidity and dogmatic rant.

Now back to the topic. If you say God is not evil, mind explaining this bible verses?

EVIL GOD

Jeremiah 18:11
11 Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith theLord; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.

Isaiah 45:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Amos 3:6
King James Version (KJV)
6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and theLord hath not done it?

Ezekiel 20:25
King James Version (KJV)
25 Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;

SICKNESS IS FROM GOD

Exodus 4:11-12
King James Version (KJV)
11 And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?

Exodus 15:26
King James Version (KJV)
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Numbers 11:33
King James Version (KJV)
33 And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague.

Deuteronomy 28:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

POVERTY FROM GOD

Deuteronomy 15:11
English Standard Version (ESV)
11 For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you,‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother,to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Explain those verses. Im not a christian that you rub your back while you sinking in self delusion. I promise you will go back to your pastor and inform him your God is evil
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs:

God doesn't 'punish' for sin. Jesus paid fully for sin. So, no one will ever pay d price of sin, except that person rejects Jesus' payment (dies in sin, unbelief in Jesus).Look what happen, He sets life and death for us to choose. He now says life is eternal bliss with God and Death is eternal damnation n torment. He now let's us choose.Now damnation(death) is for those who heeded to the devil's instructions. So he doesn't punish per se, we just made the choice of damnation if we reject his commands. He won't force us to choose life, and he doesn't punish you for choosing death. Its all our choice. If we chose death (damnation), then we have to face d tune of it, so see, God dint sentence you to damnation, you did.
i understand you. But those who reject christs salvation will bear responsibility for their sins.
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2013
idnoble135:
i remember reading that the Kjv did not render the correct translation of that verse. Thats the one isaiah talked about.

Will you then agree Kjv didn't render the correct translation for virgin birth? Cherry picking christian. All confused
Re: Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:42am On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs:

God accepted he is evil...so he is evil. Game over

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayers (part One) / Sinning deliberately under Grace (Hebrews 10:26-27) / The Difference Between A Spiritual Man And A Religious Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.