Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices (24387 Views)

When Is The Last Time You Changed Your Headlights? Learn Some Best Practices / Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices by timmyudemba: 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
[quote author=tunsmann][/quote]pls a gv a sister some crdt,allow her 2 spk,y wud she want 2 lie,or do u knw her personally?its a free world,let her spk so she cud learn more
Re: Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices by filcast(m): 8:30am On Aug 25, 2013
I use a peugeot 306 auto,XU10 engine and the manufacturer advises against additives including radiator coolant.I have to top regularly with tap water.
Please where and how do i get the best complete car re-spray in lagos? my mechanic calls it 'oven-baking' and says it will cost around 40k.
Re: Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices by tonychristopher: 9:32am On Aug 25, 2013
dolapobello1: Chai, so many things to check! And I thought Automatic transmission was stress free. I wish there were places we could go, or people we could hand over the cars to to just service (as in wheel balncing, alignment, scans, changing of transmission fluid, checking coolant, and just generally help us check for problems).
Unfortunately, we can't trust most naija auto servicemen. They'd even invent problems where there were none.

My dear don't let them decieve you! The best and standard transmission is mannual go ask anybody

Autos is full of issues and you do a lot of servicing but mannual you can just service the gear once a year but auto once every four months
Re: Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices by Julbu(m): 11:48am On Aug 25, 2013
As part of maintenance tip,pls hw often should one service his car?distance coverage in miles or km pls?
Re: Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices by earthrealm(m): 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
changing oil is either mileage or time based...and also dependent on the oil type..
if using cheap oil 20w 50 change every 3k miles or within 2 to 3months max..
synthetic oil..mobil 1 0w 40, 5w 30 etc...change every 6months or 5k to 7k miles..

using only water in ur radiator will cause rusting of ur engine cooling components...water pump..radiator etc
Re: Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices by odeku457(m): 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
Who is this rude dude.
Get a life if you don't have something worthwhile doing!

Nice 1 @ OP.. Good Job
dareyking: Darelee on Nairalee......*farts on thread*......
Re: Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices by IdeyVex1(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
My take:

1. If your airbag light is blinking, any of two reasons: 1. the airbag has deployed previously. 2. The airbag or seat pretensioners have a fault which you need to fix.

2. ABS light on: I used to run a rover and once I changed my shafts. After changing the wheel shafts, the ABS light came on and the mechanic asked me to ignore it to my peril. On a trip to abuja, I nearly crashed the car because the ABS system was not working. I got to Kaduna and bought the original shafts (obviously the mech scammed me and sold me fakes) and the light dissapeared and my car returned to normal. If your ABS light comes on especially on a Honda after you change shafts, check the shafts that were sold to you.

3. Check Engine Light: For most Honda vehicles, and I got this from the manual, the light comes on when there is a malfunction in your fuel system. Especially when you have used leaded fuel and your catalytic converter has been damaged. Also when your oxygen sensor is bad.
Re: Top 12 Pennywise-pound-foolish Car Practices by Fajzay: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2013
Immune#1:

Airbag blinking isn't normal and it could be a real concern if the bags have already been engaged.
Using A/C all the time isn't bad per say;but fuel consumption level is definately higher especially if you use it when driving below 60km/hr.
I will suggest you stop using mere water;then flush your radiator entirely(reverse flush preferably).Then re-fill the radiator with a mix of water and coolant proportionately(70-30 or 50-50) depending on your car brand.

Rather, just flush the cooling system and buy radiator coolant from any standard gas station

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Embeds Entire G-Class SUV In Amber For DNA To Live Forever(Photos) / SON Certifies Innoson Vehicles, Issues MANCAP Certificate / How To Avoid Buying A Foreign But Stolen Car In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.