Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,153 members, 7,780,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:43 AM

What Would You Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do? (2006 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do? by Antidote1(f): 2:07am On Jun 10, 2008
I feel like I am between a rock and a very hard place right now. Today I had to take some paper-work over the Board of Education, as I embarked from the subway I noticed someone familiar on the opposite side of the street. I was about to cross when the lights changed. As I was about to shout, I noticed this man approached the lady, hugged her and they locked lips,

The problem is the lady is married to someone I grew up and went to school with and who happens to be a very close friend of my family. The man in question, the one she was kissing, was NOT him.

I am confused because a part me wants to lash out and report her to her husband. Then again, another part is yelling "stay out",

My question is, If you were in my position, What would you have done??
Re: What Would You Do? by 4Him1(m): 2:10am On Jun 10, 2008
cross the road and pretend you saw nothing. You dont want to be seen to be a marriage breaker. If the family is one you are very close to then you can talk to her in private first.
Re: What Would You Do? by chika98: 2:10am On Jun 10, 2008
Just like you've said. Stay put and out of it. Her day of reckoning will come.
Re: What Would You Do? by jgirl3: 2:13am On Jun 10, 2008
Awwwww - poor darl!

I think you should stay out of it. The lady in question might say that you're trying to break them up and you don't want to be the reason for their divorce. At the same time - just make sure it really was that lady. You don't want to be wrong about stuff like that.
Re: What Would You Do? by krama(m): 2:16am On Jun 10, 2008
Yep, that's it!
Re: What Would You Do? by Antidote1(f): 2:27am On Jun 10, 2008
j-girl:

Awwwww - poor darl!

I think you should stay out of it. The lady in question might say that you're trying to break them up and you don't want to be the reason for their divorce. At the same time - just make sure it really was that lady. You don't want to be wrong about stuff like that.

Yes dear, Poor me o,
I understand what everyone else means. However, I feel so hurt and stupid. You see there have been rumours that she is cheating. And I was among the very few who would ALWAYS defend her. I remembered confronting her and she swore to me it was all lies. I believed her. Now this. I feel so stupid.
Re: What Would You Do? by jgirl3: 2:32am On Jun 10, 2008
@ Antiodote - just take it easy dear. There's no way you could have known.
Re: What Would You Do? by jgirl3: 2:43am On Jun 10, 2008
~Antidote~:

@J darling, what ya ginne do? Such is life, I honestly, think I am going to stay clear. I am NOT even going to run this by Mama. Becos If I do, May Heaven help the Mrs. in question, cheesy
Just stay clear hon. Don't even make yourself come into this situation and please leave ya mama out of this. I'm sure she'll deal with her like crazy. cheesy
Re: What Would You Do? by Pataki: 2:49am On Jun 10, 2008
@ Topic,
See no evil, hear no evil, talk no evil, spread no evil. grin grin

Did you take a picture of her when she was doing the kissing?

If you have no fact other than what you saw, it is best not to be a tell tale. . . . grin At best make your findings with more credibility, otherwise you can be labeled something else.

I would suggest you talk to her personally to find out what is going on with her emotionally.
Re: What Would You Do? by RThESlyR: 2:56am On Jun 10, 2008
Well as for me. . . .
I would try to play a very neat game by setting them up. . . cool
Re: What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2008
iceblue:

don't do it. no matter how receptive they claim to be about this kind of information, they always end up being resentful of the talebearer.

even people wey dey do ordinary boyfriend/girlfriend no dey like that kain gist.

All the more reason it has to be done incognito! grin
Re: What Would You Do? by onyekang1(f): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2008
stay out of it gal
Re: What Would You Do? by buzyDiva(f): 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2008
Walk by her and say hello, make sure she sees u and know that u saw her and wat she was doing and with whom. . . but do not tell her husband anything . . her conscience will keep pinching her.
Re: What Would You Do? by beauteous(f): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2008
i like d first part of your statment buzy.poster,make her knw u saw her den her conscience begins to do justice 2 her.finito!
Re: What Would You Do? by tngtech(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2008
@poster

Keep your mouth shut.
Re: What Would You Do? by fulldepth(m): 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2008
such issues are delicate, when things tend to turn around, you would become the lucifer of her marriage.
what u should do as this event has passed is to talk to her and throw some advices at her,
now u've confirmed that she's cheating, so u have to try talking sense in2 her,
*but O' boy, the lady get mind oooo, she no send nobody.*
Re: What Would You Do? by bigfather(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2008
See no EVIL,hear no EVIL ! lipsrsealed
Re: What Would You Do? by HRhotness(f): 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ post

Its not ur place to say anything
Re: What Would You Do? by uspry1(f): 2:30am On Jun 13, 2008
Stay out of it, this is not your place to telltale something.

It would be great if you have built-in phone camera taking snapshot then either forward picture with file attachment to email under anonymous email address to her husband or print picture out mailing to her home address with no return address. grin
Re: What Would You Do? by Antidote1(f): 3:52am On Jun 13, 2008
uspry1:

Stay out of it, this is not your place to telltale something.

It would be great if you have built-in phone camera taking snapshot then either forward picture with file attachment to email under anonymous email address to her husband or print picture out mailing to her home address with no return address. grin

Don't you think your advice is a bit controversial? First you are asking me to stay out, but in the same breath you are asking me to use anonymity? Isn't the "upholder" as bad as the "thief",
Re: What Would You Do? by NegroNtns(m): 4:17am On Jun 13, 2008
Antidote,

my sister abeg no vex o but I will ask you, do you wear glasses and if so were you wearing them when you witnessed this event? Also, what was the weather like, was it cloudy and dark outside?

No, jokes apart, cheesy
I agree with every input so far. Approach the lady and straighten her up. Do not mention it to the husband, ever.

Now, every day for the thief, one day for who?
Re: What Would You Do? by Antidote1(f): 4:24am On Jun 13, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Antidote,

my sister abeg no vex o but I will ask you, do you wear glasses and if so were you wearing them when you witnessed this event? Also, what was the weather like, was it cloudy and dark outside?
No, jokes apart, cheesy
I agree with every input so far. Approach the lady and straighten her up. Do not mention it to the husband, ever.

Now, every day for the thief, one day for who?

ROFL, I have 20/20 jor, cheesy cheesy grin grin,

I am just a bit angry, since all the years she has been dogged by his relatives and friends, for supposedly cheating, I was one of the few people who've always defended her. I am so disappointed.
Re: What Would You Do? by nj11(f): 4:44am On Jun 13, 2008
Please my dear stay out of it,her husband will get some more good time in the bedroom cause, she will be trying to make up for the guilt she is feeling.
Re: What Would You Do? by StephenP(m): 6:53am On Jun 13, 2008
It's best to stay out of it and watch it all blow up in her face.
Re: What Would You Do? by tkb417(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2008
@SEUN
im totally perplexed and angry at the way you have been deleting my posts and threads ive been involved!!!
are you asking me to leave Nairaland?

what did i do to you?
FYI, i mind my biz and i dont look for trouble so why the unnecessary aggro. I ask for my posts to be returned.

i'll take this as an affront on my personality if this is removed like the others and ill act accordingly!!

@eldee
im copying you in this. Please talk to this man
Re: What Would You Do? by Antidote1(f): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2008
tkb417:

@SEUN
im totally perplexed and angry at the way you have been deleting my posts and threads ive been involved!!!
are you asking me to leave Nairaland?

what did i do to you?
FYI, i mind my biz and i don't look for trouble so why the unnecessary aggro. I ask for my posts to be returned.

i'll take this as an affront on my personality if this is removed like the others and ill act accordingly!!

@eldee
im copying you in this. Please talk to this man

Same sentiments, Now I am being threatened with a "ban", A ban for speaking my mind. Nonsense, I don't understand this at all.
Re: What Would You Do? by yemivictor: 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2008
I honestly think the thread was split into 2 that's all . . .

Didn't you guys get the memo!? undecided
Re: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2008
@tkb
eya, dnt worry jare wink
Re: What Would You Do? by Eclairs: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2008
Re: What Would You Do? by Youngpo413: 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
chika98:
Just like you've said. Stay put and out of it. Her day of reckoning will come.

(1) (Reply)

My Heart Is Broken And I've Lost My Love.- (Help me move on) / Nl Women! / Small Girls Having Crush On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.