Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant (10623 Views)

Disqualification: APC & Buhari Reject Court's Orders Of Service / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC / Nasarawa APGA Guber Candidate, Labaran Maku Canvasses Support For Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by abu12: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
Former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor,Prof. Charles Soludo, this afternoon failed in hisbid to reverse his disqualification from the November 16 Anambra State governorship election by the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).
Inofrmation just reachingNews Expresshas it that Soludo’s suit was dismissed by the Abuja High Court which he asked to set aside his disqualification from the Anambra State gubernatorial election by the APGA screening committee.
Soludo, who was disqualified alongside five other gubernatorial aspirants, had yesterday in an ex parte motion filed asked the Abuja High Court to set aside the party’s decision.
In the motion filed by his counsel, Ikechukwu Ezechukwu (SAN), the former CBN Governor argued that the screening panel’s decision violated the party’s constitution, as well as the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.
He prayed the court to order the party to maintain the status quo and to grant an order of interim injunction restraining APGA from preventing him from participating in the party’sprimary election, pending the determination of the motion on notice. The APGA gubernatorial primary election is scheduled to holds in three days’ time

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2606&title=Breaking-News:-SOLUDO-LOSES-BID-TO-REVERSE-DISQUALIFICATION-FROM-ANAMBRA-GUBER-RACE-•Court-upholds-APGA’s-decision
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by StCapital: 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
I am suspecting that a deal is going on between PETER OBI/APGA EXECUTHIEVES and PDP/PRESIDENCY because I believe SOLUDO is one of the best candidates for ANAMBRA GOVERNMENT HOUSE.PETER OBI/APGA EXECUTHIEVES are right now planning for APGA's DEATH and BURIAL at the same time after NOVEMBER 16th election in ANAMBRA STATE,after analysing all the write up i have read about the NOVEMBER 16TH ELECTION IN ANAMBRA,I believe that PETER OBI and APGA EXECUTHIEVES have been promised PRESIDENTIAL APPOINTMENTS to disqualify SOLUDO from being part of this election through APGA the ruling party in the state.PETER OBI wants to be relevant after office and i believe PRESIDENT JONATHAN will make him a MINISTER or any other post after serving as a governor,his future in politics after office is more important to him than APGA ruling ANAMBRA.I dont know why PETER OBI wants to field candidates that cannot win election where DR.NGIGE and DR.ANDY UBA are contesting with popular political parties.

If PETER OBI did not field SOLUDO,APGA is DEAD in SOUTH EAST.

I weep for APGA GOVERNORS.

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Aphrygian(m): 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Diz soludo saga iz becoming sickening.abi
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by emiye(m): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
St.Capital:
I am suspecting that a deal is going on between PETER OBI/APGA EXECUTHIEVES and PDP/PRESIDENCY because I believe SOLUDO is one of the best candidates for ANAMBRA GOVERNMENT HOUSE.PETER OBI/APGA EXECUTHIEVES are right now planning for APGA's DEATH and BURIAL at the same time after NOVEMBER 16th election in ANAMBRA STATE,after analysing all the write up i have read about the NOVEMBER 16TH ELECTION IN ANAMBRA,I believe that PETER OBI and APGA EXECUTHIEVES have been promised PRESIDENTIAL APPOINTMENTS to disqualify SOLUDO from being part of this election through APGA the ruling party in the state.PETER OBI wants to be relevant after office and i believe PRESIDENT JONATHAN will make him a MINISTER or any other post after serving as a governor,his future in politics after office is more important to him than APGA ruling ANAMBRA.I dont know why PETER OBI wants to field candidates that cannot win election where DR.NGIGE and DR.ANDY UBA are contesting with popular political parties.

If PETER OBI did not field SOLUDO,APGA is DEAD in SOUTH EAST.

I weep for APGA GOVERNORS.

Do not weep for APGA governors, there is none left

10 Likes

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by ronalmagic10(m): 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
I wonder why APGA would disqualify soludo based on an ongoing investigation by efcc. dats jst a ridiculous nd flimsy excuse. Its obvious some oga at d top have a hand in this matter. Let all the political parties field their best candidates and allow the people of anambra to make their choice. I feel for soludo whom I know will definitely do beta dan d present gov. D people of anambra shud beta fight for justice and equality odawise na gobe

1 Like

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Longeria(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
ronalmagic10: I wonder why APGA would disqualify soludo based on an ongoing investigation by efcc. dats jst a ridiculous nd flimsy excuse. Its obvious some oga at d top have a hand in this matter. Let all the political parties field their best candidates and allow the people of anambra to make their choice. I feel for soludo whom I know will definitely do beta dan d present gov. D people of anambra shud beta fight for justice and equality odawise na gobe
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
if this is true, then Soludo should join another party.
there are still some party left
he must not give up
he must contest the elections no matter what
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by courage54(m): 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
RIP to soludo politically. Welcome the new born governor Dr Ngige. APC for live.

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
re@lchange:
if this is true, then Soludo should join another party.
there are still some party left
he must not give up
he must contest the elections no matter what

He will never win even if he joins another party; He need to go sort himself out at the efcc and thereafter return to Apga and pay his dues.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by jamesibor: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

He will never win even if he joins another party; He need to go sort himself out at the efcc and thereafter return to Apga and pay his dues.
Did EFCC tell you they have a case against him?

1 Like

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Brimmie(m): 12:41am On Aug 24, 2013
[size=20]Soludo Olodo!![/size] grin grin

Sai Ngige!!
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 24, 2013
So many political neophytes parading as season political analysts on Nl. The coast is not being cleared for Dr. Ngige, rather for Dr. Andy Uba. APC/Ngige will never enter awka govt. house. Reason, Buhari-boko-haram and Fashola-deportation factors. All those e-political warlords living in Kano,Katsina,Maidugury,Lagos,Ibadan etc wil be disappointed. MARK me, Andy Uba wil clinch the Governorship election.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by israel007: 1:08am On Aug 24, 2013
Eiya.

Sorry o
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Brimmie(m): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2013
[size=20]Soludo Olodo!! cheesy cheesy[/size]

O Ti Jawe Olu Bodi! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Sunymoore(m): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2013
Huh
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2013
Soludo dis must not be the end. I never liked Peter Obi. Even though initially i liked GEJ, but power has gone to his head. We are the ones that go around making excuses for ur short comings and supported u from the dayz wen u where vice president to becoming president.

Soludo is one of us and an intellectual. Soludo can't harm u but rather support and work with ur Gov. It breaks our heart to see Soludo struggle so much with just the clearance stage not even the primary.

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 24, 2013
in life you can never survive when your kinsmen turn against you
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by femiero: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2013
Chief Andy Uba all the way!

1 Like

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2013
Who cares undecided
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by funshint(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2013
barcanista: So many political neophytes parading as season political analysts on Nl. The coast is not being cleared for Dr. Ngige, rather for Dr. Andy Uba. APC/Ngige will never enter awka govt. house. Reason, Buhari-boko-haram and Fashola-deportation factors. All those e-political warlords living in Kano,Katsina,Maidugury,Lagos,Ibadan etc wil be disappointed. MARK me, Andy Uba wil clinch the Governorship election.
Andy Uba for where??!! U̶̲̥̅̊ better go and sleep... Ngige all d way!!!

1 Like

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Adonike(m): 10:40am On Aug 24, 2013
Wow!
If only if they well give me d change to take Anambra state to d next level..

APGA, I dey wait oo..
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by waternogetenemy: 10:41am On Aug 24, 2013
Soludo should follow the trail to Obi and GEJ. Dey are the once that we expected him to have dialog with before embarking on this journey.

How did he expect to win anything without them fully behind him? I hope he is not a goat and knows the right people to ally with, that is GEJ OF COURSE.

Go and seek reconciliation with ur Party boss GEJ. Discourse with him, Anambra is a GEJ friendly state and do not want another Amaechi or Okorocha.

Our gov work closely with the President. The president is hard to find or reach but try very hard and u will find him just in time.

Help yourself first before Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by whealthy(m): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2013
Brimmie: [size=20]Soludo Olodo!! cheesy cheesy[/size]

O Ti Jawe Olu Bodi! grin grin
Lwkmd! this really cracked me up
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2013
APGA is a dead party already.
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Zonacom(m): 10:44am On Aug 24, 2013
I'm not happy at all. Infact i'm angry, very angry. I dont know what APGA/Obi's plan are. But since they've decided to frustrate the youth's candidate, we will also frustrate their plans. I disliked ngige because of APC, but as it is now, APGA is not worthy of anambra's govt house again and they are gonna lose it on a FREE AND FAIR GROUND.

I THINK ITS TIME I DROP MY HATE FOR APC AND VOTE NGIGE. Its not my fault, APGA/Obi caused it

7 Likes

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2013
no matter what happens Soludo should and will hold his head up high

he gave it a try

I am pretty sure if Nigeria was a society that works and a society where people like progress Soludo will at least have the opportunity to be voted for by Anambra people!

That this has not happened is a failure of politics in our country and dangerous for our collective future; and that some celebrate this nonsense injustice to Soludo is as ignorant as they come. Because one way or the other Nigeria suffers from it if any part of Nigeria is failing to live out its full potential.

Anyway, I wish Anambra luck!
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by DisGuy: 10:56am On Aug 24, 2013
Zona.com:
I'm not happy at all. Infact i'm angry, very angry. I dont know what APGA/Obi's plan are. But since they've decided to frustrate the youth's candidate, we will also frustrate their plans. I disliked ngige because of APC, but as it is now, APGA is not worthy of anambra's govt house again and they are gonna lose it on a FREE AND FAIR GROUND.

I THINK ITS TIME I DROP MY HATE FOR APC AND VOTE NGIGE. Its not my fault, APGA/Obi caused it

weird

what if Soludo joins lets say PDM?

still a lot of confusion in Nigeria with candidates and parties, are we voting for people based on their parties or just the candidate? When people mention GEJ they almost act as if PDP dont exist
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by 2bosun: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2013
Where are all the people saying his disqualification was just a smokescreen?

This just goes to show that most people on NL know nothing about even their own local politics.
R.I.P Prof. Soludo

1 Like

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 24, 2013
If it is thesame ngige who is currently in the senate doing nothing and the popular PDP theif andy uba that anambra citizens are clamouring for to win the election then SHAME ON THEM!!! I wonder when easterners will stop being political vagabonds!!!

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by buoye1(m): 11:02am On Aug 24, 2013
He better joins APC

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by Zonacom(m): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2013
I dont want to go into the reasons why i dislike APC. I would have loved to see APGA retain the gov seat in anambra state(with the right candidate though). So when soludo joined APGA, i saw that as a perfect combination, only for Obi and his cohort to spoil things.
THOUGH I DISLIKE APC, BUT I WILL CERTAINLY VOTE APC IF OBI/APGA DONT REVERSE THIS THEIR MADNESS ON TIME.
Re: Soludo Loses Bid To Reverse Disqualification As APGA Guber Aspirant by DisGuy: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2013
Zona.com:
I dont want to go into the reasons why i dislike APC. I would have loved to see APGA retain the gov seat in anambra state(with the right candidate though). So when soludo joined APGA, i saw that as a perfect combination, only for Obi and his cohort to spoil things.
THOUGH I DISLIKE APC, BUT I WILL CERTAINLY VOTE APC IF OBI/APGA DONT REVERSE THIS THEIR MADNESS ON TIME.

the question is why you dislike 'Ngige because of APC'

if soludo was in APC and Ngige in APGA--who would you vote for ?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi / Jonathan Is Now President / Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.