Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha (13373 Views)

Defection Of 5 PDP Governors Ensured Victory For APC — Okorocha / Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Donchyke39(m): 7:02am On Aug 24, 2013
he governor of Imo State and leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Rochas Okorocha, has said that the former leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, would have joined the APC if he were still alive.

Governor Okorocha stated this on Friday while speaking in Awka, the Anambra State capital, at a rally to formally present Senator Chris Ngige as the governorship candidate of the APC in the coming Anambra governorship election.

Okorocha told the gathering at Emmaus House in Awka that he believed that APC was “a truly national party that has the interest of the Igbo as one of its cardinal pursuits,” saying “that is why I want all of you to support the party because its symbol, the broom, is a sign of Igbo identity.”

He said: “Our reverred leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, would have been the first to join APC. I say this because APC is synonymous with the welfare of the Igbo and Ojukwu was always seeking the welfare of the Igbo people.”

Okorocha, who won his governorship on the ticket of APGA, contended that “APGA is dead and what we have now is APGA-PDP and they want to extend their slavery of the Igbo people which we are out to fight against.”

According to him, numerous people from the South-East held “good national offices in the APC, including the Deputy National Chairman position occupied by Senator Annie Okonkwo.”

He said he was sure that if APC wins the presidency in 2015, “if an Igbo man does not become the vice president, he would become the Senate President or the national chairman of the APC.”

Speaking earlier, Okonkwo expressed his desire to see a president of Igbo origin in 2015, saying “the only way we can achieve that is through APC.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/19873-ojukwu-would-have-been-the-first-to-join-apc-okorocha.html

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:19am On Aug 24, 2013
Crocodile tears. Are u the good one, who did not allow his selfish interest destroy Igbo interest?

Wat will happen if u people team up and build the east? Was Ojukwu not a man like u?

Ojukwu was only 31 wen he shouldered the responsibility of the entire east, putting aside his own personal interest or ambition.

He fought for his people, that he believed were being victimised by the same people u are in bed with today.

Do not insult Ojukwu or our collective intelligence and conscience again by mentioning the name of Ojukwu at every rally like he approved or sent u to APC. sad

60 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Kanwulia: 7:22am On Aug 24, 2013
The same OJUKWU that could not win a common 'SENATE' seat? grin
Hmmm!
Like Jesus. . .Like Ojukwu.
Posthumous 'glory'! cheesy

“Oh, I wish our leader, the Ikemba Ndigbo, were still alive to see the formation of APC. He should have asked Ndigbo to embrace it in their interest,” Okorocha said.

MU HA HA HA HA HA HA

The black man is truly a 'special breed'!

12 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Dachriz(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2013
Just passing
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by FreeGlobe(f): 7:23am On Aug 24, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This comedian is getting funnier by the day.

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Maxymilliano(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2013
Donchyke39:
Okorocha, who could not hold back tears, said he was crying over the death of the late Igbo leader, Chief Emeka Ojukwu, whose loss had left the Igbo without a direction.

grin grin grin ... Crocodile tears coined from the belief that crocodiles weep either to lure a victim or when eating one .

The dude will sure cry a river when the 2015 general election is around the corner

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by gramci: 7:33am On Aug 24, 2013
Tears won't save you if you doubt me ask buhari

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2013
This okorocha is a real comedian.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by egift(m): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2013
Truth be told, Soludo is my first chioce while Ngige is a close second.

Every politics is local. It is time for Anambra to secure its fronts by voting massively for Ngige. Anambra State cannot become another object for corrupt politicians to kick around.

#TeamVotePersonalities

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 24, 2013
What is wrong with these man? He talks too much. Gosh!!!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2013
chukwudi44: This okorocha is a real comedian.
Our nollywood actors need to learn from the man cus he gat some mad acting skills

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 24, 2013
I hope Ndigbos don't get stucked in the mud of inaction with this dilly-dallying owing to politics of Ph.D(Pull Him Down).....this mindset of making people scapegoats due to ethnocentric mannerisms will do u a great harm.

Now you people are stucked as to what to do going forward about Anambra....GEJ has shot down your Soludo,Peter Obi/Victor Umeh/Bianca Onoh have emerged to be solely pursing their selfish and stomach interests alone,Andy Uba is known to be permanently tied to the apron-strings of OBJ and was a known captain of the illegal 3rd Term bid and circumventing Alex Ekwueme's Presidential ambition.

Ngige on the other hand is a bridge-builder and an independent fighter who would not hesitate to call out any attempt to lord things over him by any Godfather yet he distinguished himself earlier in the midst of the massive persecution against him when he was governor

Ndi Anambra every politics is local....Vote massively for Onwa and if the need arises to vote GEJ based on what you think he has done,then do so....each election is mutually exclusive of each other

I know y'all have a emotional attachment to APGA but with the current turn of events amongst its promoters,can u trust the party

27 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by gramci: 8:42am On Aug 24, 2013
@REHOZIBAH, Anambarians are not fooooools, we know traitor when we see one

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Biodup: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2013
These politicians can fool those that want to be fooled. When ojukwu died okorocha didn't cry what is the essence of the tears now, the scammer is trying to justify destruction of APGA.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2013
gramci: @REHOZIBAH, Anambarians are not fooooools, we know traitor when we see one

So Ngige,Rochas,Annie Okonkwo,Osita Izunaso are traitors compared with Peter Obi/Victor Umeh/Bianca Ojukwu

If by now you can't dispassionately locate those who should be adequately blamed by Ndigbos for the perennial ways of playing politics of Belly first by mortaging the need to have the best and finest of Ndigbos politically and passively competing with the rest of the country hence attracting real development in the process then too bad!

Have you wondered how it would look when Soludo(even if he is not in APC) is speaking in his oratorial majesty alongside Fashola or Rochas marshalling arguments with Rauf Aregbesola both of who are visionaries,or a Dora Akunyili articulating policy statements or even an Oby Ezekwesili innudating the senate with her World Bank Development Economics experience?? but your present leaders don't want that to happen NOT because they love you more but because they hate independent,clear-headed and brilliant thinkers

That is why they continue to be led by 4th tier leaders who though are stupendously rich but are deficit in legacy-seeking mannerism

18 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by IGBOSON1: 9:32am On Aug 24, 2013
Is it a bit too late now to do a 'Soludo' on the Ezeemo dude? Apparently he's not sticking to the script! wink
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 24, 2013
as directed by Bolai tunibu

to God be the glory
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Zonacom(m): 9:55am On Aug 24, 2013
Soludo is my candidate but from the look of things he might not contest come nov 16.
As it is now, ngige is about the only other better candidate. I might end up casting my vote for ngige though am ashamed that APC would end up ruling Anambra state. APGA IS TO BLAME

12 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2013
So nobody used a stone (red concrete) to hammer the head of this onye mbana
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by touch4mony: 10:04am On Aug 24, 2013
Da chriz: Just passing
ojukwu nvr for once contested for senate mr man if ur dont knw what to say u shot d Bleep up
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2013
I will not speculate on what political affiliations Ojukwu will have if he was alive. But Ojukwu laid down everything he got in defence of security of Ndigbo so really not sure why he will join a party that tacitly condones terrorists whose main victims are igbos

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Ikengawo: 11:22am On Aug 24, 2013
Okorocha is a worthless bastard.

It's an abomination in Igbo land to speak for the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by holyvirgin: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2013
OWELLE ROCHAS MOCKS OUR OWN IKEMBA!
By shedding crocodile tears at that APC imposition rally in Awka,Rochas Okorocha makes mockery of the sacred tears shed by the Late Ikemba Nnewi at the re-election campaigns of Mr. Peter Obi in 2010. He insinuates that every 'eedota' can cry.
By suggesting at that same rally of impostors that our own Ikemba would have been part of the charade called APC, he tortures the spirit of that great Igbo leader.
Rochas keeps confirming my suspicion that he sees the Igbos as helpless people who can be easily deceived, the Hausas as his beloved siblings who must be respected and the Yorubas as valuable friends whose wishes must be upheld.
Rochas lies, and lies don't stand forever.

Source: From FCC on facebook(odinma igbo)

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
holyvirgin: OWELLE ROCHAS MOCKS OUR OWN IKEMBA!
By shedding crocodile tears at that APC imposition rally in Awka,Rochas Okorocha makes mockery of the sacred tears shed by the Late Ikemba Nnewi at the re-election campaigns of Mr. Peter Obi in 2010. He insinuates that every 'eedota' can cry.
By suggesting at that same rally of impostors that our own Ikemba would have been part of the charade called APC, he tortures the spirit of that great Igbo leader.
Rochas keeps confirming my suspicion that he sees the Igbos as helpless people who can be easily deceived, the Hausas as his beloved siblings who must be respected and the Yorubas as valuable friends whose wishes must be upheld.
Rochas lies, and lies don't stand forever.

Source: From FCC on facebook(odinma igbo)

How absolutely trashy and baseline infantile can some people get? So in a plural and multi ethnic society like Nigeria, some of you still cling unto tribal and ethnic vituperations despite the fact that even the reverred Dim Ojukwu was a member of and chairman Board of Trustee of the All Peoples Party(APP and later ANPP) a core Hausa party(party consisting of the tribe that killed his people if we are to reason like the youths of nowadays) knowing fully well that no single ethnic group can afford to stand alone politically but would need others to help achieve it political aspirations.

Most of those who comment here only do so from the angle of misinformation and childish chest-beating as many may not be old enough to know a bit about our past and history. Politically it is not a sin to align with the hausas or yorubas to achieve one's group's aim and to think otherwise is delusional.

I have always contend that modern day Igbo youths should rather be open-minded,bridge builders and pragmatic rather than being aloof and disdainful of others. That the Ngiges,Rochases and others are politically aligning with the people some today's youths sees as enemies doesn't make them less Igbos,traitors or sellouts as everyone can't be in PDP a self-touted national party

What if APC wins power at the centre and there are no high ranking Igbos in it to canvass for democratic dividend to the SE there, the political alienation you would face would be better imagined. So its better for some to be in the PDP and some in the APC and whichever of the parties that wins power,then the SEners will be sure of adequate representation but to think that you don't wanna have anything to do with APC is political naivety

What I have highlighted above is the mindset of pragmatic and visionary politicians which Rochas,Ngige,Annie and Izunaso are which made them to join APC as we all know that the APGA you all are sentimentally attached to is being deliberately presented to be raped by the PDP and Presidency by SE leaders for selfish purposes

So to answer the question if Dim Ojukwu Eze nd'igbo gburugburu would have joined APC if he were alive,I would say a resounding yes as he would have felt very comfortable around the likes of Fashola(as he would have dispassionately counselled him about how to go about the 'deportation' unlike the one that blew the action out of proportion for political expediency sakes),Oshiomhole,Aregbesola,Fayemi,Rochas and an Ngige(who like him is a fighter for the common good) and Yes Buhari as both Dim Ojukwu was in the same APP party with Buhari unlike those of you who are just demonising a honorable man

29 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
Rochas should mind the way he talks else he gets kicks out from Imo state, If Ojukwu didn't join ACN what did rochas think would make him Join APC?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
mikeansy: I will not speculate on what political affiliations Ojukwu will have if he was alive. But Ojukwu laid down everything he got in defence of security of Ndigbo so really not sure why he will join a party that tacitly condones terrorists whose main victims are igbos

I have always tried to follow your comments on this forum but I guess you have to purge yourself of deliberate and stoically assumed negativities

Which party condones Terrorists or Victimises Igbos? Can u look at yourself in the mirror and say that you are sure of what u just said there except that u are only engaging in dangerous propaganda to destroy the other person or group

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by dival247(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
never too late grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Bryancrox(m): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hahahahaha...I laugh in Otueke,politicians are comedians

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
And hw can dis stoped Arsenal from beating Fulham today!
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by SLIDiE(m): 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
cheesy
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

I have always tried to follow your comments on this forum but I guess you have to purge yourself of deliberate and stoically assumed negativities

Which party condones Terrorists or Victimises Igbos? Can u look at yourself in the mirror and say that you are sure of what u just said there except that u are only engaging in dangerous propaganda to destroy the other person or group

What was Tinubu and Buhari's position on Boko Haram and the State of Emergency as declared by the Presidency

How many times has Buhari or Tinubu condemed Boko haram?

These are facts and I urge you to provide counter arguments based on facts

Also it was not too long when the internal deportation saga with Fashola got heated up. Rather condemn the act whether done by APC Governors or PDP Governors and re-affirm the rights of all Nigerians to live anywhere in Nigeria as enshrined in the constitution; Lai Mohamed and APC adopted a very partisan stance in reaction to the issue.

These are facts!

Ojukwu can not possibly be a member of a party with a penchant for treating anything adversely affecting Igbos with kid gloves.

The evidence shows this to be the case and I hope for the sake of the party they change their behaviour but so far APC has been found wanting on the issues I have raised.

Fani-kayode is these days one of the prominent and early members of APC. Do you have any evidence of APC condemning and dissociating themselves from Fani-Kayode's hate speech against Igbos?

again these are facts!

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha by Mekanze: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
Okorocha is a mad man 4 saying dat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Power Substation In Molai, Maiduguri, Visit Shehu Of Borno(pics / Kogi Guber: Huge Number Of APC Aspirants Is Due To My Efforts - Gov Bello / Ugwuanyi Did Not Construct Community Charging Station In Enugu - Council Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.