Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. (45058 Views)

Photos-checkout A Fine Lady Trekking To Abuja From Enugu / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To The Presidential Election Results From Enugu / Jonathan's Promise Fulfilled As Historic International Flight Lands In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by jamesibor: 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
Thanks to FRESH AIR, the much anticipated commercial international flight has happened.

God bless GEJ!
God bless Nigeria!!

24 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by jamesibor: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
More

5 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by jamesibor: 7:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
And more

4 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by jamesibor: 7:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
More pics

6 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by jamesibor: 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
On Nairaland, No picture means it didn't happen.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
The rate at which good news is flying out. Congrats to the east. Gradually, promises are being fulfilled.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
james_ibor: On Nairaland, No picture means it didn't happen.
definitely.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by gramci: 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Where are the evil men of nairaland grin

5 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by jamesibor: 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sadly, the poor will always be among us. 25 years ago, I could have been among these people.

21 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nairaland should have a museum section where threads like this should be fixed.

12 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by jamesibor: 8:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
gramci: Where are the evil men of nairaland grin
They've gone on sabbatical leave.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Longeria(m): 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nairaland should have a museum section where threads like this should be fixed.
on point
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Rossikk(m): 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
james_ibor: Thanks to FRESH AIR, the much anticipated commercial international flight has happened.

God bless GEJ!
God bless Nigeria!!

Oh, so it's God bless Nigeria now? I thought your oyibo friend (British expat) said there was no progress in Nigeria and you supported him?

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by jamesibor: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
Rossikk:

Oh, so it's God bless Nigeria now? I thought your oyibo friend (British expat) said there was no progress in Nigeria and you supported him?
I'm not a sycophant mate, I say it as it is. On the thread I question, I said it severally that the only point I disagreed with Tim was where he said that the has been no improvement for the past decade.

FRESH AIR til 2019!!!

12 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
james_ibor: Sadly, the poor will always be among us. 25 years ago, I could have been among these people.

It doesn't mean they are poor, There are some among them who might be worth millions of naira but just because they have no business doing near the airplane or inside the airport.

12 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by spyder880(m): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
I am so so happy about this, Long live Enugu, Long live Alaigbo, Long live Nigeria!

Front page abeeeeeg!!!

8 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by gbokukueba(m): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sorry ooh is Anambra part of Enugu? Cos that is the only way i can understand what Peter Obi is doing there abi him no get work

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Symphony007: 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
May God!! My fellow nigerians are celebrating this as an airport? Look at the overcrowded chocked up spaces, no barriers to control crowd, look at the ticketing section, is that not a concret slab? No glass between the passanger and staff, see outdated luggage carrier.

For the love of God, is'nt this facility below, leagues ahead of this airport? It is owned by thailand. A country's GDP we trunce, infact we actually enrich them with rice we import. And guess what this facility is just a bus terminal, i repeat BUS TERMINAL...the one above is INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT......Chei my country, in the midst of plenty, you are now so hungry, rotten bread given to you is course to celebrate.

45 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by gbokukueba(m): 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
Also... just saying NDLEA need to 'beef' up scrutiny at that Airport... as well as Customs as i suspect some people would rather travel with cash to Dubai rather than use the banking method...

5 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by goldfish80(m): 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
james_ibor: Sadly, the poor will always be among us. 25 years ago, I could have been among these people.
though they have no buisness at the airport,but they look genuiely happy.

The road leading to the airport has it been fixed? I lost a tire to that road last December.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
gbokukueba: Sorry ooh is Anambra part of Enugu? Cos that is the only way i can understand what Peter Obi is doing there abi him no get work

Sorry,but Peter Obi led the struggle that brought this to reality;He is the chairman of southeast governors forum and they agreed to vote GEJ on the ground that he will make Akanu Ibian international airport,build a seaport at Onicha and many other things. Peter Obi leadership qualities isn't in doubt.

13 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
Symphony007: May God!! My fellow nigerians are celebrating this as an airport? Look at the overcrowded chocked up spaces, no barriers to control crowd, look at the ticketing section, is that not a concret slab? No glass between the passanger and staff, see outdated luggage carrier.

For the love of God, is'nt this facility below, leagues ahead of this airport? It is owned by thailand. A country's GDP we trunce, infact we actually enrich them with rice we import. And guess what this facility is just a bus terminal, i repeat BUS TERMINAL...the one above is INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT......Chei my country, in the midst of plenty, you are now so hungry, rotten bread given to you is course to celebrate.
Many have GONE from hate-induced STROKE. Take it easy.

Alot of people trooped to the airport to see, with their korokoro eyes, the inaugural international flight. That made the airport terminal appear congested.

Meanwhile, the govt is constructing a brand new N13billion international terminal at the Enugu Airport.

53 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by atlwireles: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
To God be the glory great things he has done. Fresh air till 2019

5 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by gbokukueba(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Sorry,but Peter Obi led the struggle that brought this to reality;He is the chairman of southeast governors forum and they agreed to vote GEJ on the ground that he will make Akanu Ibian international airport,build a seaport at Onicha and many other things. Peter Obi leadership qualities isn't in doubt.

grin grin grin grin you just confirmed say the man no get work... I wonder why he didnt fight for the airport to be in Anambra after all GEJ promised to build airport in all the states of the federation...

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by otokx(m): 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Symphony007: May God!! My fellow nigerians are celebrating this as an airport? Look at the overcrowded chocked up spaces, no barriers to control crowd, look at the ticketing section, is that not a concret slab? No glass between the passanger and staff, see outdated luggage carrier.

don't bother yourself, they like it this way. GEJ is working wonders.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by awodman: 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
james_ibor: On Nairaland, No picture means it didn't happen.
I can see the landscape of the recently commissioned terminal is taking shape as designed..before it was all red mud

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by olabukola: 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2013

that bus terminal is still better than Lagos and Abuja airport so you have no point. People celebrated when fash was inspecting second trains in Canada, that do not make it a worthless celebration so quit spewing rubbish. Criticise when their is need for it and celebrate when the need be. We all know noting is working in nigeria so that is why people celebrate when they see a little new development. If you are a regular traveller you will notice now that queue at mm check will reduce which is good as it will help the little facility their to last a bit longer. Enugu airport will create new employment for immigration and custom which is a federal establishment so it benefits nigeria by reduCing the number of unemployed. Your sister, cousin, friend might even be a beneficiary so why castigate this little development.

61 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Maxymilliano(m): 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
Is that Gov. Peter Obi waving at a departing airplane and grinning from ear to ear like a kid?
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Symphony007: 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Many have GONE from hate-induced STROKE. Take it easy.

Alot of people trooped to the airport to see, with their korokoro eyes, the inaugural international flight. That made the airport terminal appear congested.

Meanwhile, the govt is constructing a brand new N13billion international terminal at the Enugu Airport.
so those passengers in line like sadines came to see the inuagral flight with their "korokoro eye" the ticketing attendance also came too to see with their "korokoro eyes" that is why they have no seat behind a glass wall to work from. So your excuse for this disgracefull building is that a better one is being built with more billions, how many billion was spent on this one? If the billions spent on this one is added to the billions meant to be spent on the other building, don't you think a start of the art airport will be under construction by now? Common sense is now a privelage.

10 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by olabukola: 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
Symphony007: so those passengers in line like sadines came to see the inuagral flight with their "korokoro eye" the ticketing attendance also came too to see with their "korokoro eyes" that is why they have no seat behind a glass wall to work from. So your excuse for this disgracefull building is that a better one is being built with more billions, how many billion was spent on this one? If the billions spent on this one is added to the billions meant to be spent on the other building, don't you think a start of the art airport will be under construction by now? Common sense is now a privelage.
you see the same line in Mm and abj so what's the biggy?

One question for you. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I need your ansa

9 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Symphony007: 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
olabukola: that bus terminal is still better than Lagos and Abuja airport so you have no point. People celebrated when fash was inspecting second trains in Canada, that do not make it a worthless celebration so quit spewing rubbish. Criticise when their is need for it and celebrate when the need be. We all know noting is working in nigeria so that is why people celebrate when they see a little new development. If you are a regular traveller you will notice now that queue at mm check will reduce which is good as it will help the little facility their to last a bit longer. Enugu airport will create new employment for immigration and custom which is a federal establishment so it benefits nigeria by reduCing the number of unemployed. Your sister, cousin, friend might even be a beneficiary so why castigate this little development.
your comment is very disgracefull and proves that indeed you are a true nigerian. "we all know nothing works in nigeria, so we celebrate the little we see". That is the legacy you want to hand down to your children. A nation of mediocres. It does'nt shame you to admit that a bus station in a country that does'nt have half your money is better than the two foremost airports. Well, you all can keep fooling yourselves. Let's wait and see which foreign carrier will land their airbus 360 or boeing dream liner in that trashy bus station of an airport. One ethopian airline plane lands and look at how crowded and chocked up that cue is. What happens when planes lands at minutes interval?

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Let All Presidential Candidates Stand The Way I Am Standing (Video) / Crisis Between Fashola & Tinubu Deepens As Both Loyalists Declare War - TRIBUNE / Residents Tie Tortoise To Their Electricity Pole To Scare Off PHCN Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.