Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. (45070 Views)

Photos-checkout A Fine Lady Trekking To Abuja From Enugu / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To The Presidential Election Results From Enugu / Jonathan's Promise Fulfilled As Historic International Flight Lands In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by ocelot2006(m): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2013
chronique: A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step and little drops of water,makes a mighty ocean. The airport might not be fantastic in aesthetics and facilities but if followed through,can become well developed in no time. It's only fools that would condemn any little sign of development because it's not the standard of what is obtainable in America. At least,before we condemn what we have,let's find out how much it costs the developed nations in building the kind of airports they have,and then look at our budget and see how much was earmarked for capital projects. You don't compare apples with pineapples;you compare apples with apples.

I did a little research on google and found out that the estimated construction cost for the enugu airport is about 2.5 billion euros. How do we compare that to the hong-kong international airport constructed with over 20 billion dollars? The new enugu terminal has a construction cost of 81 million dollars(13.3 billion naira). The jet blue terminal at the jfk int'l airport which was constructed in 2004 costs over 850 million dollars. The london heathrow terminal 5 from conception to construction costs £4 billion british pounds. Yet,people would bring up pictures of these airports and compare with ours and expect same result. Question is; can we afford to spend that amount on our airports now? The jet blue terminal of the jfk airport costs over 10.5 times what was spent on the new int'l terminal at the enugu airport;how can we achieve almost same thing. It would be stupid for anybody to even compare any of our airports with the heathrow airport cos the construction cost alone is something else. People should learn to compare costs before opening mouths to criticize the govt.

God bless you, my brother. May you live long. Excellent post. Honestly, I wonder why we still argue with those idiotas. let the still stew in their hatred or hug a damn power tranformer down their street.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by tsomething: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2013
bobosydney: To reply scumbags people like you , I will show you the picture of my house . It's not that i'm bragging but just to shut your mouth up and let you Know that me and you are not in the same category and i'm not a uncivilized like you .

Still not fit for humans. Poorer people live in rooms below .

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Symphony007: 9:30am On Aug 25, 2013
t-something:

Perhaps if you reduce the hate in your heart, you ears would have been open to hear that GEJ isn't just building new airport terminal buildings in Lagos, Enugu, Port Harcourt and Kano , but he is also creating an aerotropolis ( this means a city booming with economic activities situated around an airport terminal. would contain hotels , malls , bus stations and other money spinning ventures . Am sorry I had to explain this to you because with your low sense of reasoning you could think aerotropolis means Police station for Aero Contractors )

Instead of dwelling in hate and complaining how the luggage cart is pulled by a tractor , you should ask yourself what are the basic things that make up an airport terminal?

Is there an access road and car park for intending travellers ? Yes
Is there a ticketing stand where you can get your tickets and boarding pass? Yes
Is there a waiting lounge with seats for you to wait for your flight? Yes
Is there adequate security at the airport? Yes
Are planes able to take off and land safely? Yes
Are they able to take your luggage onboard and off the planes? Yes

Therefore my brother you don't have any basis for condemning the airport because those luxuries your asking for evolves as a result of improvement to existing basic facilities .

On your comparison of money lost to corruption , you could have also complained that Obama should buy Ferrari sports cars for their police afterall that's what is used in UAE , and America has squandered over 3 trillion dollars fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan .

By the way we are still waiting to see pictures of your room and parlour and if it isn't like what we watch in the movies , then you're not fit to be a human .
aerotropolis? Really? When is it starting? Show me pic of a single bulldozer or drill in sight or a single pillar erected. Or is it an artist impression that you saw? Like the new multimillion naira abuja city gate that were're yet to see.

Funny that you outlined those things as criteria for an international airport, do you which other facility has those things you listed, an AIRSTRIP. If those are your criteria for an international airport then you are ignorant to what a international airport is. Where is the international transit area with hotel like rooms? Where is a mall were passangers can shop? How many cafe's are there if any? Let me not go too far. Go to wikipedia and read what international airports are today.

When didi ferrari cars enhance good policing? Do you know that the amount of cars police departments around the u.s spend on cars which gets destroyed in high spped chases will buy all the UAE ferrari. That was an incredibly stupid assumption or example to make...American is squandering trillions on a war in afganistan but at least their citizens and memebers of congress know where the money is going. Pentagon officials can account for where every penny is going. Do you know all the people stealing your money in nigeria? Can the national assembly or your gvovernment account for the over half a trillion dollars this country has lost to corruption?

Your final paragraph was too shambolic to understand talk less of respinding.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Tinyemeka(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2013
bobosydney: To reply scumbags people like you , I will show you the picture of my house . It's not that i'm bragging but just to shut your mouth up and let you Know that me and you are not in the same category and i'm not a uncivilized like you .
cheesy Now this is getting interesting. Not that I don't believe you or your purchasing power, it's just that I would be letting myself down if I saw any pic on the net and took it to be what it was said to be, without further verification.

Here is what I want you to do:
It's your room. You posted the pics few mins ago, so you can't be too far away from that vicinity. Upload another pics of that room with the flower vase directly in front of the TV (it should be switched off. Nothing on the screen) and the throw-rug folded at one end. Thats all. smiley

Not that it's any business of mine, so you are free to ignore this test. smiley And be known as a weak liar.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Symphony007: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2013
bobosydney: I just think that your analysisis wrong because you can't compare Thailand with Nigeria in terms of facilities ,economy and advance Technology . I was in Thailand last year and i'm still going there again in December before I come naija. Bangkok airport is 15 times bigger than MMA and there they still having Air traffic congestion with it and the world class airport.
they are better than us infastructurally, why? They spend their money well. Where do you think they get their revenue from? Providing cheap labour of electronic,texile and other industries in the country, tourism, agriculture where they are the largest exporter of rice to the world, with nigeria as their number 1 customer in africa. Their GDP is in the area of above 300 billion dollars, nigeria ahs list 400 billion dollars to corruption, so what made them better than us?
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by abes(m): 9:39am On Aug 25, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I have only one thing for you and it is called facts.

Enugu domestic Airport alone carried 8 times more passengers than the entire 5 states of the south west combined despite the fact that for a good number of months it was under renovation.

The 5 States of the South West combined carried a total of 18000 passengers in the first half(January-June) of 2012. The 5 south west states have 2 airports in Ibadan and Akure and a total population of over 30 million people.

Enugu Domestic Airport carried a total of 150,000 passengers in the first half(January-June) of 2012. This happened despite the fact that within a 300km radius, there are 7 other very active and viable airports in Asaba, Benin, Warri, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Uyo and Owerri that pulled off similar or better figures.

The Airports in the SW recorded passenger traffic similar to those in Yola, Makurdi, Kaduna, Maiduguri and Jos.

The records are there for you to see at THE LINK BELOW
[url]http://www.faannigeria.org/documents/statistics/2012-Annual%20Traffic%20Report_first%20half.xlsx[/url]

Hey, southwest has 6 six states and not 5, I know you guys don't like including Lagos state. This is fact that makes your fact untrue.

Now for the reason why you have more flights originating from Enugu domestic airport is because one of the major destination (Lagos) is in the southwest of Nigeria. Do you you expect me to fly to Lagos from Ibadan or Osogbo or even Abeokuta?
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Symphony007: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2013
ocelot2006:

If the hi-tech Ethiopian airline owned Airbus A-340 can land at Enugu as clearly demonstrated in those pics, why can't the relatively smaller Boeing 787 dreamliner? Do you really think the whole upgrade job was only restrricted to the terminal buildings and didnt include the runway and taxiways?
ha..ha..ha..ha..ha! You are telling me that plane that landed in enugu is an airbus A-360? For the love of God where did you see that? That is a boeing 737-800. Ethopia airline has no airbus A-360 in it's fleet, they only have two dreamliners and they can't land such expensive machines in this shanty. They are meant for the japanese routh. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by bobosydney: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2013
seangy4konji: You talk well bro...with what nigeria has in terms of moneyour airports looks like a playground for kids...you can tell me ethiopia,kenya,eveb south africa has money than we do and I will know you don't know what 400k barrels of crude oil means per day stolen with no record.ur jouyous cos of a flight left east in what looks like a counter to subscribe for dstv.you will say its small small that naija will get there but go figure when the ecc ie dubai,qatar,oman started biulding their facilities and yes they started from the bottom and they there...
You are right bro . Some Nigerians are so blind and they don't know that Nigeria deserve better and if you see how those small countries are advancing like a car accelerator , you will be surprised when you go there . Some time I don't believe that our leaders land in Nigerian Airports when the come from abroad or does our airport look like those of airport of where they coming from ?
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Tinyemeka(m): 9:45am On Aug 25, 2013
PapaBrowne:

I have only one thing for you and it is called facts.

Enugu domestic Airport alone carried 8 times more passengers than the entire 5 states of the south west combined despite the fact that for a good number of months it was under renovation.

The 5 States of the South West combined carried a total of 18000 passengers in the first half(January-June) of 2012. The 5 south west states have 2 airports in Ibadan and Akure and a total population of over 30 million people.

Enugu Domestic Airport carried a total of 150,000 passengers in the first half(January-June) of 2012. This happened despite the fact that within a 300km radius, there are 7 other very active and viable airports in Asaba, Benin, Warri, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Uyo and Owerri that pulled off similar or better figures.

The Airports in the SW recorded passenger traffic similar to those in Yola, Makurdi, Kaduna, Maiduguri and Jos.

The records are there for you to see at THE LINK BELOW
[url]http://www.faannigeria.org/documents/statistics/2012-Annual%20Traffic%20Report_first%20half.xlsx[/url]

Hmmm. Interesting facts. I even thought Owerre airport with it's 'cargo' status would present with a scanty report. Seems it's figures are even higher than Enugu in the period under review.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by antiembezzle: 9:47am On Aug 25, 2013
Igbos must ignore the yorubas here, they refuse to go to church just because of this Igbo progress thread, they want us to leave their lagos but they don't want us to develope our said village, what kind of people are we dealing with? Meanwhile, Igbos are working hard to face whatever, after 2015, yorubas are fighting the hausas for their belly via oloyin beans. LMFAO.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Tinyemeka(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2013
abes:

Hey, southwest has 6 six states and not 5, I know you guys don't like including Lagos state. This is fact that makes your fact untrue.

Now for the reason why you have more flights originating from Enugu domestic airport is because one of the major destination (Lagos) is in the southwest of Nigeria. Do you you expect me to fly to Lagos from Ibadan or Osogbo or even Abeokuta?
One would think Lagos to be the only pride of the SW. It's not right O.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by R3dsp3ar(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2013
Who said Nigeria is not trying?
If u think then goto hell
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Chinom(m): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2013
I was long overdue. Many thanks to GEJ for finally making it a reality. Now, let's make it bigger and better.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by tsomething: 9:50am On Aug 25, 2013
bobosydney: See me see trouble oo ! How can your brother got my lounge as his lounge . This is my apartment in Sydney Australia and you can come have look if you want . I can tell that you sound as ignorant parasite and bush man . You don't have to be jealous because God bless somebody and you just need to wait for your time . Se otigbo, Kaji ko , you don hear word ?

So your even outside working your ass out for the Australian government yet your the one that complain most of how they stole "our" money as if you paid taxes to Nigerian government .

What you should know is that the Igbos unlike cowards like you are hardworking and indigenous. The bring out the diamonds in coal. They don't run away when it isn't conducive and whine like you are doing in a far away land, they stay and turn the situation around and you may mark my words today , with the commencement of international operations in this airport , the airport will grow to rival MMA in traffic, innovations and revenue .
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by bobosydney: 9:55am On Aug 25, 2013
Symphony007: they are better than us infastructurally, why? They spend their money well. Where do you think they get their revenue from? Providing cheap labour of electronic,texile and other industries in the country, tourism, agriculture where they are the largest exporter of rice to the world, with nigeria as their number 1 customer in africa. Their GDP is in the area of above 300 billion dollars, nigeria ahs list 400 billion dollars to corruption, so what made them better than us?
Stop talking like ignorant man. How can you Nigeria better than Thailand in terms of infrastructure ? You must be smoking Weed and Alomo bitter . I've been to Thailand twice and I won't let you tell me about Thailand that you haven't been to and the major source of Thailand revenue is tourism and not on rice. Man, stop behaving like a bush man or ignorant.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by PapaBrowne(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2013
bobosydney: To reply scumbags people like you , I will show you the picture of my house . It's not that i'm bragging but just to shut your mouth up and let you Know that me and you are not in the same category and i'm not a uncivilized like you

Let me burst your lame self.
Only those that don't understand the maneuverings of Google would pull the stupid stunt you tried to pull.
The picture you posted as your living room is a serviced apartment in Sydney, Australia.
You stole it from this blog: http://sydservicedapartments.net/2012/02/17/a-change-for-the-better-in-sydney-accommodation/

You've been busted. grin grin grin grin. I'm pretty sure you live somewhere in Iyana Ipaja in one of those run down slums. Maybe not. But that house you posted is not your house even if I choose to believe you truly live in Australia.

For those that care to know, to bust guys like these, simply follow the simple steps:
Right Click on the picture and click "copy Image URL"(Chrome) or "Copy Link Location"(Firefox)
Go to www.images.google.com . In the search bar, you'd see a small camera at the right end of the bar.
Paste the image Url in the bar that opens and click "search by image". It would expose the original source of any picture.

13 Likes

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by IGBOSON1: 9:59am On Aug 25, 2013
bobosydney: Are you a learner? Do you think those airport that we got in Nigeria are airports or have been to Addis Ababa airport in Ethiopia or jomogbomo Kenyatta in Kenya .Those 2 countries are very poor and they don't even make half amount of money that Nigeria make but they maintain there airport very well.

^^^Hehehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Tinyemeka(m): 10:03am On Aug 25, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Only those that don't understand the maneuverings of Google would pull the stupid stunt you tried to pull.
The picture you posted as your living room is a serviced apartment in Sydney, Australia.
You stole it from this blog: http://sydservicedapartments.net/2012/02/17/a-change-for-the-better-in-sydney-accommodation/

You've been busted. grin grin grin grin. I'm pretty sure you live somewhere in Iyana Ipaja in one of those run down slums.

For those that care to know, to bust guys like these, simply follow the simple steps:
Right Click on the picture and click "copy Image URL"(Chrome) or "Copy Link Location"(Firefox)
Go to www.images.google.com . In the search bar, you'd see a small camera at the right end of the bar.
Paste the image Url in the bar that opens and click "search by image". It would expose the original source of any picture.

cheesy Wish I knew this tip for mobile browsers.

Don't mind the shameless thing lacking a conscience.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by crackhouse(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2013
i am sure their security lapses will still be much now. an opportunity for cocaine dealers/marketers to export their goods, no doubt.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by collynzo2(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2013
Symphony007: for the love of God, i'm tired of telling you people i'm not yoruba, cause apparently it's not registering. Tribalism is now part of your existence. Secondly, that airport is not by any level international airport standard. I have emphasied that in so many post earlier. And lastly my good friend, if every nigerian thinks like you, this country will never development. No offense!! Seriously, just read the last few lines of your post.
What if everyone writes or speaks like you?
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by bobosydney: 10:06am On Aug 25, 2013
t-something:

So your even outside working your ass out for the Australian government yet your the one that complain most of how they stole "our" money as if you paid taxes to Nigerian government .

What you should know is that the Igbos unlike cowards like you are hardworking and indigenous. The bring out the diamonds in coal. They don't run away when it isn't conducive and whine like you are doing in a far away land, they stay and turn the situation around and you may mark my words today , with the commencement of international operations in this airport , the airport will grow to rival MMA in traffic, innovations and revenue .
You must be stupid for putting mention name of any tribe of this discussion. I will not insult Igbo people here and i will rather focus on bastard like you. I always pay my land tax to Lagos state Government because i'm a lagosian and I got a house in Lagos . My friend, just shut you mouth up because don't have any sensible things to say .
In addition is my choice to live in Australia and is non of your mutherfucker business.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by pendo89(f): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2013
grin grin very funny thread.Kudos ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES.
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Randerl: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2013
Yeap. Datz da latest traffic route. EFCC and NDLEA should movin fast. Nt 4getting NCAA n FAAN, we need standard BODY scanners there.

gbokukueba: Also... just saying NDLEA need to 'beef' up scrutiny at that Airport... as well as Customs as i suspect some people would rather travel with cash to Dubai rather than use the banking method...
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by ACM10: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2013
t-something:

Its simple! Stop whining ! Ignore the airports , don't use them, till we build the ones that catches your fancy! That should cure your heartache

Same way you posted pictures of Ethiopian airport I also want to see pictures of your room and parlour and if it isn't like what we watch in the movies then you're not fit to be a human.

nwekesimon68: U are a big foool dat room is my brodas room how did u get the pix? U wan to use it for scam? Ewu. Nkita. Otele

bobosydney: See me see trouble oo ! How can your brother got my lounge as his lounge . This is my apartment in Sydney Australia and you can come have look if you want . I can tell that you sound as ignorant parasite and bush man . You don't have to be jealous because God bless somebody and you just need to wait for your time . Se otigbo, Kaji ko , you don hear word ?

PapaBrowne:

You've been busted. grin grin grin grin. I'm pretty sure you live somewhere in Iyana Ipaja in one of those run down slums. Maybe not. But that house you posted is not your house even if I choose to believe you truly live in Australia.

[size=18pt]hahahahahahaha
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nothing wey pesin no go see for nairaland[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by collynzo2(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2013
Such a tight house you have there and you complain about the airport? You hardly have walking space in that house. Why isn't your house like the one below?

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by RedMullet: 10:18am On Aug 25, 2013
Too many fake people on this forum.....

See how PapaBrowne just exposed a shameless one here..... shocked
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by tsomething: 10:21am On Aug 25, 2013
bobosydney: You must be stupid for putting mention name of any tribe of this discussion. I will not insult Igbo people here and i will rather focus on bastard like you. I always pay my land tax to Lagos state Government because i'm a lagosian and I got a house in Lagos . My friend, just shut you mouth up because don't have any sensible things to say .
In addition is my choice to live in Australia and is non of your mutherfucker business.

Stop lying!! You don't live anywhere near Australia, you have been busted !! Infact I doubt if you have ever gone to an airport before despite the fact you live in Iyana Ipaja.

Now apologize to the 1.3million Nairalanders for lying about that picture you posted as your room in Australia
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by collynzo2(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2013
Tinyemeka:
cheesy Now this is getting interesting. Not that I don't believe you or your purchasing power, it's just that I would be letting myself down if I saw any pic on the net and took it to be what it was said to be, without further verification.

Here is what I want you to do:
It's your room. You posted the pics few mins ago, so you can't be too far away from that vicinity. Upload another pics of that room with the flower vase directly in front of the TV (it should be switched off. Nothing on the screen) and the throw-rug folded at one end. Thats all. smiley

Not that it's any business of mine, so you are free to ignore this test. smiley And be known as a weak liar.

You should work for CIA. Bad guy
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 25, 2013
Needless to say, dis is a welcomed development...infact long overdue. Any well meaning and educated citizen of any country knows the value of an international airport in a region.the. Most travelled tribe in Nigeria nw owns an international airport, though glorified but still functional. If you know the ibos well, I bet you within the next five years Enugu will give lagos the run for its money. #moreworkGEJ #thenewbeginning

1 Like

Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by fasbat(m): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2013
james_ibor: Thanks to FRESH AIR, the much anticipated commercial international flight has happened.

God bless GEJ!
God bless Nigeria!!
YES,WITH A FOREIGN AIRLINE ,ETHIOPIA AIRLINER!!!! YOU PPLE HAVE NO VESTIGE OF SHAME AT ALL....
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by collynzo2(m): 10:25am On Aug 25, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You don finish that guy! I always suspected it was a downloaded picture
Re: Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. by okechukwu2013: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2013
This does not call for any celebration at all! The citizens are paying their tax and other levies which is their responsibility. Government should start doing its own duties! They are not doing their duties and when they try it is a very poor job always. So what is there to celebrate? Shame a 1000 times on those who call this an acheievment!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months. / Policemen On Election Duty Doze Off At Ikorodu Local Government (photo) / Tinubu's Campaign DG, Simon Lalong Loses Polling Unit To Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.