Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention (10649 Views)

Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention / Photos From The PDP National Convention As President Jonathan Wins PDP Ticket / Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 25, 2013
BARRING any last change of mind, the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, and 27 members of the State House of Assembly loyal to him will be stopped from attending the national convention of the Peoples Democratic Party slated for August 31, 2013.

The Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, disclosed this while speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt shortly after appearing before the Performance Evaluation Committee of the state PDP.

It will be recalled that the state PDP had been facing political crisis since April 2013, a development that led to the suspension of the state governor and 27 members of the House of Assembly.

Wike explained that though he was not going to lead the state delegates of the PDP to the national convention, he was sure that those under suspension would not be part of the event.

The minister said it would not be possible for any member of the party that had been under suspension to partake in the activities of the PDP until the suspension was lifted.

"I know that all party chairmen are delegates; I know that House of Assembly members are delegates. Unfortunately, some of our House of Assembly members are suspended. That means they will not be able to participate in the forthcoming PDP national convention.

"If you are suspended from the party, you cannot be taking part in the activities of the party until your suspension is lifted. So it has nothing to do with me," Wike stressed.

On the speculations that he was interested in the governorship position of the state, the minister pointed out that he had not told anybody that he was gunning for such position, adding that his role was to ensure that the PDP wins the state in the 2015 elections.

He said, "As per governing the state, if we are doing something that is not in line with their plans, they always read meanings to it. Whether anybody wants to govern or not, nobody is stopping anybody. It is God that gives power.

"My role today is to make sure that PDP still takes the state. That is what we are doing. If that is their view, they can die with the view.

"I have never told anybody but if they feel that I am very active in what I am doing to suggest that there is something I want to do, that is their own interpretation. But what I know is that PDP must grow from strength to strength."

Wike told newsmen that he was in the state to honour the invitation from the Performance Evaluation Committee of the state PDP, maintaining that he does not need to disobey the party.

"I don't need to disobey the party. If the party invites me to come for them (PDP) to interact with me, I have to honour that invitation," he added.

Reacting to the minister's position, the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Mr. Otelemaba Amachree, said the governor and the 27 lawmakers that were suspended were not bothered about the convention coming up on Saturday.

Amachree, who spoke though his Press Secretary, Mr. Jim Okpiki, noted that the state and party were going through crisis, adding that until the crisis was resolved, it would not be necessary to bother about attending the PDP convention.

"We are not worried about convention, because we are currently in a crisis. Until the crisis is resolved, we are not bothered about the PDP convention. We are only interested in the return of peace.

"If this (not being part of the convention) is one of the sacrifices they (governor and 27 lawmakers) must make to ensure that peace returns to the state and the PDP, they would not go to ruffle anybody's feathers," he said.

The Chief of Staff, Government House, Port Harcourt, Mr. Tony Okocha, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the despite the "illegally concocted suspension against the governor," he (Amaechi) has remained loyal to the party.

Okocha said, "The governor's suspension from the PDP was illegally concocted. One would have thought that they would waive it. But we are not bothered because it is a family matter and we are still loyal to the party."

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-to-bar-amaechi-27-lawmakers-from-national-convention/
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 25, 2013
While university students are still on strike, Nyesom Wike has abandoned his post as a minister of state for education to become a staunch member of PDP and becoming their spokesperson as well. What a shame!!

35 Likes

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by BabaEleko(m): 2:29am On Aug 25, 2013
PDP house of commotion. All of u will not understand yourself in Obatala's name. Understanding urself is evil to d progress of this entity.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by idamokoemmanuel(m): 5:41am On Aug 25, 2013
Amechi........form ur own party or join anoda party.....because PDP do not need u again......well..i wish them luck
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Tolexander: 6:29am On Aug 25, 2013
Seems this wike doesn't know his duty as the minister cos i hardly hear anything from him concerning his port folio. Only making life unbearable for amechi, talking about politics.

6 Likes

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 25, 2013
We shall see
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Longeria(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2013
berem: While university students are still on strike, Nyesom Wike has abandoned his post as a minister of state for education to become a staunch member of PDP and becoming their spokesperson as well. What a shame!!
Everybody can't be as foolish as Amaechi who decided to spray shiit on the ladder that brought him up, Berem my love, take him, along with the 27 falling angels to your ASSOCIATION OF PATHETIC CREATURES, APC. You and your like told us that without Amaechi PDP can't stand, honey, why are you dying in bitterness. Some of you credits all Jonathan‘s achievements to Yaradua and OBJ without crediting the current ASUU / FG crisis to Yar’Adua because he signed the agreement without any plans to implement it.

Abeg oo, insulters, I didn't insult Berem, una nairaland mama oo, today na Sunday oo.

5 Likes

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2013
what has any of this got to do with education?

1 Like

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by priscaoge(f): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2013
And does that change the price of Kerosene in Nigeria?*Keke!! keke!! keke!! abeg come and take ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ out of here* see how they ignored a pressing issue(ASUU STRIKE) and keep discussing trash. Amechi is now a thorn in PDP's flesh. Nnaa keep making a Headline. Dem go hear am. *Still on FP*
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2013
berem: While university students are still on strike, Nyesom Wike has abandoned his post as a minister of state for education to become a staunch member of PDP and becoming their spokesperson as well. What a shame!!

He's a PDP chieftain as well. Making a few political comments doesn't mean he's neglecting his ministerial duties.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2013
In Nigeria, leaders are not accessed as long as they continue to sing false praises and bribe their ways. I have a dream that some day, appointment in my country will be tied to track records and devoid of godfatherism.
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Whyte01: 10:57am On Aug 25, 2013
WIKE SPEAKS THE TRUTH believe it or not.wike4senate. Ntn else,haterz go to hell.#teamwike.
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by taharqa2: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2013
Tolexander: Seems this wike doesn't know his duty as the minister cos i hardly hear anything from him concerning his port folio. Only making life unbearable for amechi, talking about politics.

The guy is actually arguably the Most EFFECTIVE Minister of State for Education we have had in a very long time, regardless of his politics.

He has directly supervised the construction of about 150 Almajiri Model Boarding/Day Schools, 15 Model Girls Schools, 35 so far Libraries and Laboratories in Federal Unity Schools, Training of Teachers and perhaps more importantly, the effective supervision of the UBEC Fund the main reason why Primary/Secondary Infrastructure in many States are improving significantly, etc.

All these in about 2 years, in NIGERIA!! One of the reasons why 'UN-NIGERIA' developments were possible was that the Minister holds monthly meetings with the Contractors, monitoring them.

He is doing well. His politics does not concern me.

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2013
J12:

He's a PDP chieftain as well. Making a few political comments doesn't mean he's neglecting his ministerial duties.

Wike has spent more time fighting Amaechi than planning Education policies

what is Wike's footprint on education?

Has he achieved anything other than destablizing River State?
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2013
[size=30pt]I don tire to hear Amaechi vs Wike tori undecided[/size]

3 Likes

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by DonaldGenes(m): 11:15am On Aug 25, 2013
Seriously i am bored every time i hear this same stale news about Amaechi that, Amaechi this_________wikke this________ wike that.gimme a break
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 25, 2013
There is no news here, Wike is only repeating what is already known, a suspended member can not be invited to a national convention and Amaechi and the gang knows it. PDP will review their misdemeanor and decide if to re-admit Amaechi or sack him from the PDP.

Let's not forget that Amaechi did not contest election, but his Omehia did, but since Amaechi won primaries, Omehia was told to step down for Amaechi which he did. Then Amaechi is now insulting the very PDP that put him in power even when he didnt contest.

Thanks for the quarrel.

2 Likes

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by anytexy: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2013
Okay! Till then.
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by dareyking(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2013
Itz so saddening that a servicing minister had not made a single public statement about the problem facing is portfolio but cn mke unecessary trips to his supporters and stand as spokes man 4 his God fathers while his House(ASUU) is on fire....So Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 25, 2013
Billyonaire: There is no news here, Wike is only repeating what is already known, a suspended member can not be invited to a national convention and Amaechi and the gang knows it. PDP will review their misdemeanor and decide if to re-admit Amaechi or sack him from the PDP.

Let's not forget that Amaechi did not contest election, but his Omehia did, but since Amaechi won primaries, Omehia was told to step down for Amaechi which he did. Then Amaechi is now insulting the very PDP that put him in power even when he didnt contest.

Thanks for the quarrel.
why should amaechi be sacked from PDP and sule lamido allowed to remain in the party?

1 Like

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by DonaldGenes(m): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=30pt]I don tire to hear Amaechi vs Wike tori undecided[/size]
"no be only you Dawg"

this same old sh.t don tire me, make i sleep abeg.'ah",

Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by taharqa2: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2013
mikeansy:

Wike has spent more time fighting Amaechi than planning Education policies

what is Wike's footprint on education?

Has he achieved anything other than destablizing River State?

The guy is actually arguably the Most EFFECTIVE Minister of State for Education we have had in a very long time, regardless of his politics.

He has directly supervised the construction of about 150 Almajiri Model Boarding/Day Schools, 15 Model Girls Schools, 35 so far Libraries and Laboratories in Federal Unity Schools, Training of Teachers and perhaps more importantly, the effective supervision of the UBEC Fund the main reason why Primary/Secondary Infrastructure in many States are improving significantly, etc.

All these in about 2 years, in NIGERIA!! One of the reasons why 'UN-NIGERIA' developments were possible was that the Minister holds monthly meetings with the Contractors, monitoring them.

He is doing well. His politics does not concern me
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by taharqa2: 11:28am On Aug 25, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=30pt]I don tire to hear Amaechi vs Wike tori undecided[/size]

You can say that again.....
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 25, 2013
berem: why should amaechi be sacked from PDP and sule lamido allowed to remain in the party?
Because Amaechi is arrogant, he holds press conferences insulting the President, the First Lady and the PDP with impunity and ignominy. He even invited Wole Soyinka to join the game of insults towards the Presidency. This is what I called misdemeanor, and he should NOT be re-admitted to the PDP.

GEJ has done enough to merit automatic ticket without Primaries from all regions of the country, we do not need an Amaechi to win the re-election.
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by kipesco(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2013
I believe PDP is in great commotion but might come out strong again. Amaechi should have been impeached by now, wike wants to be governor, but person like me wants to be the President but now am learning from my Oga at the Top.
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by Aromas: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2013
Is Wikke abi weytin b d name self talk just now? Oh boy na wa o, I pray may dis man no loose his Mother or Father oooo bcus Patience fight dis man dis nxt tin we hear b say her mama don die. And morever as he(WIKE) turn 2 Poverty Dev. Party PDP spoke man?
Re: PDP To Bar Amaechi, 27 Lawmakers From National Convention by PStacks(m): 11:39am On Aug 25, 2013
Amechi and his people have grown way too powerful and these people keep magnifying Amechi.. Amechi is larger than life mehn! I want to be like him when I grow.

Amechi is a real Power broker, he forces them to always make grave mistakes..

Amechi has Mastery of Power. Amechi and Niccolo Marchiavelli would have made good allies.

Amechi is the Born Prince of the whole South Soth.

Amechi is the "Prince" Niccollolo Marchiavelli was talking about in that his book "The Prince"

Amechi understands the 48 Laws of power.. Force your opponent to Act and you are in Control..
Amechi is in Control. Power is Nothing without Control..

On CNN when they Advertise Pirelli's Tyres, the slogan is.. "Power is Nothing without Control"

Amechi is gradually taking Control, it would soon dawn on them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Those Behind June 12 Annulment Angry With Buhari" - Garba Shehu / Obasanjo Writes Semester Exam. Saying "I Am Not A Special Student" / The Gang-up Against Emeagwali Is Ethnically Motivated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.