Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! (1822 Views)

Indonesian Court Rejects Nigerian’s Appeal Against Death Sentence / Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan / Yemen Rejects US Marines At Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by citizenisb: 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSBRE97K0EL20130825?irpc=932

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syria agreed to let the United Nations inspect the site of a suspected chemical weapons attack from Monday but a U.S. official said any such offer would be "too late to be credible" and there was little doubt the government was to blame.

Foreign powers have been searching for a response since many hundreds of people were killed by poisonous gas on Wednesday in the suburbs of Damascus in what appears to have been the world's worst chemical weapons attack in 25 years.

The United Nations said Damascus had agreed to a ceasefire while a U.N. team of experts are at the site for inspections which will begin on Monday. Syria confirmed it had agreed to allow the inspections.

But there were increasing signs that the United States and its allies were considering taking action, a year after President Barack Obama said the use of chemical weapons was a "red line" that would prompt serious consequences.

A senior U.S. official said there was very little doubt that the Syrian government had used a chemical weapon against civilians on Wednesday and that Washington was still weighing how to respond.
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by citizenisb: 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
"At this juncture, any belated decision by the regime to grant access to the U.N. team would be considered too late to be credible, including because the evidence available has been significantly corrupted as a result of the regime's persistent shelling and other international actions over the last five days," the official said.

Syria's information minister said any U.S. military action would "create a ball of fire that will inflame the Middle East".
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by citizenisb: 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
http://app.debka.com/n/article/23220/Western-Mid-East-military-action-prepared-for-Syria-Israel-Jordan-Turkey-face-up-to-Syrian-counter-attack-Russia-on-war-alert

Western and Middle East powers led by Washington began moving Saturday night and Sunday morning, Aug. 25, toward a first strike against Syria following the Assad regime’s large-scale chemical attack in eastern Damascus last Wednesday.

The first targeted strike may well signal the start of a series of US-led attacks aimed at toppling the Assad regime, debkafile’s military sources report. They may consist of imposing a no-fly zone and the sealing off of sectors in northern and southern Syria against government forces.

Russian forces also went on war alert

President Barack Obama and UK Prime Minister David Cameron spent 40 minutes on the phone Saturday night amid the strongest indications to date from Washington that direct military intervention by the West was approaching, following a change in the US president’s posture.

He has become convinced that the strike would have to be conducted outside the United Western and Middle East powers led by Washington began moving Saturday night and Sunday morning, Aug. 25, toward a first strike against Syria following the Assad regime’s large-scale chemical attack in eastern Damascus last Wednesday. The first targeted strike may well signal the start of a series of US-led attacks aimed at toppling the Assad regime, debkafile’s military sources report. They may consist of imposing a no-fly zone and the sealing off of sectors in northern and southern Syria against government forces.
Russian forces also went on war alert
President Barack Obama and UK Prime Minister David Cameron spent 40 minutes on the phone Saturday night amid the strongest indications to date from Washington that direct military intervention by the West was approaching, following a change in the US president’s posture.

He has become convinced that the strike would have to be conducted outside the United Nations.
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by ak47mann(m): 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
The same al-qaeda that beheaded two innocent priest while the communities shouting Allah-akuba these people should be left alone to solve their problem america is not going to work with groups that fight against their interest or religion forget that cool
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by citizenisb: 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
Military commanders from Western and Muslim countries are meeting Sunday in the Jordanian capital of Amman to coordinate action in Syria, with the participation of the US, Britain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, France, Italy and Canada. Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the US Chiefs of Staff chairs the meeting.

Saturday night, four American destroyers were moving closer to Syria, armed with Tomahawk cruise missiles, which are capable of precision strikes
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by citizenisb: 7:00pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by citizenisb: 7:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by petrov10: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
And whats , russia saying ?
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by seanet02: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
petrov 10: And whats , russia saying ?
Russia told America to use their common sense..
Russia will not tolerate invasion of Syria
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by malele(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
seanet02:
Russia told America to use their common sense..
Russia will not tolerate invasion of Syria

Russia will do nothing, every country apart from russia and china wants intervention in syria. The blood shade is too much.

1 Like

Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by BabaAlabi: 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
1300 people died for nothing. You need to see a grieving dad on CNN holding his 2 dead kids. US and UN must take action now.
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by seanet02: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=malele]

Russia will do nothing, every country apart from russia and china wants intervention in syria. The blood shade is too much.[/quote
Look at this one.. ignorance is a disease
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by Confusionist(m): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
malele:

Russia will do nothing, every country apart from russia and china wants intervention in syria. The blood shade is too much.
russian and chinese alliance is more than enuff!
And germans won't support the US.

Dnt get urself confused here!
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Assad knows that his days are numbered
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by yomalex(m): 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
I am not sure Putin will allow invasion of Syria. Russian Forces are not on alert for nothing

COD 4 anybody?
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by seanet02: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
chiover: Assad knows that his days are numbered
In your dreams..
Assad is going nowhere

3 Likes

Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by malele(m): 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=seanet02][/quote]

Whose ignorance, mine or yours.
Pls tell me what will russia do
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by malele(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
Confusionist: russian and chinese alliance is more than enuff!
And germans won't support the US.

Dnt get urself confused here!

Are u people confused or what, do u know that the whole world wants an intervention in syria apart from russia and china.
Already 4 american ships are in the middle east, what has this ur devlish russia and china supporting a regime that uses chemical weapon on its citizens done.
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by malele(m): 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
yomalex: I am not sure Putin will allow invasion of Syria. Russian Forces are not on alert for nothing

COD 4 anybody?

Please tell me what will russia do, 4 USA destroyers are in the middle east already,waiting for orders.
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by Demdem(m): 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
yomalex: I am not sure Putin will allow invasion of Syria. Russian Forces are not on alert for nothing

COD 4 anybody?

Forget it. I doubt if Russia will want to fight a proxy war against the US even now. If its even neccessary, it will never be because of Syria
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by seanet02: 12:14am On Aug 26, 2013
[quote author=Demdem]

Forget it. I doubt if Russia will want to fight a proxy war against the US even now. If its even neccessary, it will never be because of Syria[/quote
Oga Demdem.. go and sleep..
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by seanet02: 12:15am On Aug 26, 2013
malele:

Please tell me what will Russia do, 4 USA destroyers are in the middle east already,waiting for orders.
Waiting for orders my foot?
When Yakhont and Sunborn missiles tore them to pieces you will understand
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 26, 2013
Demdem:

Forget it. I doubt if Russia will want to fight a proxy war against the US even now. If its even neccessary, it will never be because of Syria
While I doubt russia would want a confrontation with the US, Syria is probably their last Middle Eastern ally and they may want to protect that...their warships have been oorbiting Syrian waters for a while as a deterrent to the west so they are obviously taking it serious
english.pravda.ru/russia/politics/12-06-2013/124816-russia_mediterranean_fleet-0/
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by seanet02: 12:16am On Aug 26, 2013
malele:

Are u people confused or what, do u know that the whole world wants an intervention in syria apart from russia and china.
Already 4 american ships are in the middle east, what has this ur devlish russia and china supporting a regime that uses chemical weapon on its citizens done.
Like you were there when the weapons were used by Syrian Army?
Abeg face front
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by Demdem(m): 12:30am On Aug 26, 2013
emk4lif:
While I doubt russia would want a confrontation with the US, Syria is probably their last Middle Eastern ally and they may want to protect that...their warships have been oorbiting Syrian waters for a while as a deterrent to the west so they are obviously taking it serious
english.pravda.ru/russia/politics/12-06-2013/124816-russia_mediterranean_fleet-0/

I may not like the US, but its no brainer that both Russia and its Syria ally will be easily consumed by US and its allies. Both Assad and the rebels are guilty of war crimes so whoever perishes first is ok by me.
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by seanet02: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2013
Demdem:

I may not like the US, [s]but its no brainer that both Russia and its Syria ally will be easily consumed by US[/s] and its allies. Both Assad and the rebels are guilty of war crimes so whoever perishes first is ok by me.
It is called MAD...
Mutually Assured Destruction.
US cannot consume Russia... not in the face of Nuclear weapon..
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 26, 2013
Demdem:

I may not like the US, but its no brainer that both Russia and its Syria ally will be easily consumed by US and its allies. Both Assad and the rebels are guilty of war crimes so whoever perishes first is ok by me.
Having Assad who to a large extent runs a secular state at the helm of affairs in Syria is a much safer scenario than a bunch of ragtag disorganized extremist sunni rebels united only by their hate for the Alawite minority assad represents, the middle east will go up in flames with backers like iran and hezbollah, the reverbrations are already being felt in lebanon.....BTW the US and its allies cannot just overlook the possible Russian response....Russia won't throw away her last Arab ally so
easily
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by Demdem(m): 12:49am On Aug 26, 2013
seanet02:
It is called MAD...
Mutually Assured Destruction.
US cannot consume Russia... not in the face of Nuclear weapon..

Whatever. Military, economic wise, US is miles ahead of Russia. There is a limit to what Russia can do for Syria. Assuming US was the one supporting Assad, would the US ever ask Assad to cooperate with the UN? Especially if its against their interest. Of cos not. Russia quickly asked Assad to cooperate if he values his life.
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by Demdem(m): 12:56am On Aug 26, 2013
emk4lif:
Having Assad who to a large extent runs a secular state at the helm of affairs in Syria is a much safer scenario than a bunch of ragtag disorganized extremist sunni rebels united only by their hate for the Alawite minority assad represents, the middle east will go up in flames with backers like iran and hezbollah, the reverbrations are already being felt in lebanon.....BTW the US and its allies cannot just overlook the possible Russian response....Russia won't throw away her last Arab ally so
easily

At worse, Russia will grant Assad Assylum. Russia will never risk his fragile economy for Syria. Case closed. US will probably go in with NATO so the risks will be shared. It's not for me to determine who I want to govern Syria. The truth is Assad has overstayed. I see q war torn country after Assad, but with him there the country will never know peace. It's left for them to face their destinies.
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by seanet02: 2:48am On Aug 26, 2013
Demdem:

Whatever. Military, economic wise, US is miles ahead of Russia. There is a limit to what Russia can do for Syria. Assuming US was the one supporting Assad, would the US ever ask Assad to cooperate with the UN? Especially if its against their interest. Of cos not. Russia quickly asked Assad to cooperate if he values his life.
US is living on old glory. The day US faces the Russian military, the whole world will now why Russia won the second world war.....
Russia knows the vulnerable spheres of US military and will exploit it to the fullest.
Russia did not move their Destroyers to the Mediterranean for fun...
America up till now don't have answers to Yakhont, Sunborn and Iskander...
Western media propaganda and the leftover of colonization is why many still believe America is better in military field than Russia.
America cannot single handedly win a war against any strong Country... Korea war is there....
Vietnam war is there.
egbon open your eyes

1 Like

Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by malele(m): 5:15am On Aug 26, 2013
seanet02:
Waiting for orders my foot?
When Yakhont and Sunborn missiles tore them to pieces you will understand

And u think dey don't know that dey have yakhont
Missiles supplied to them by russia
Re: US Rejects Syria Inspection, Insists On WAR!! by panafrican(m): 5:46am On Aug 26, 2013
Neither the US and its allies nor Russia will benefit from a direct confrontation over Syria. Russia has officially
10,000 nukes, this means may be 10 times more than that amount.
The US has its own stock of nukes , officially some 8 500, guess what they may be hiding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside The £1.7m Flats Offered Rent Free To Grenfell Tower Survivors(photos). / 11yrs After Saddam Hussein Was Put To Death, Dec- 30 2006 / Kaboom !! Hamas Naval Force Commander Captured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.