Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? (4637 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Story In The Old Testament Bible / New Testament (bible) Fairytale Or Horror Story?! / False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
sarutobie:
I believe you saw the title of thread before opening it.what happened to skiping it to the next thread? But no! You had to comment and show your foolishness..this thread isn't meant for unbelivers.so suck it up!

Why should i skip? All threads are open to everyone including the absurd topics
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Christians follow and are supposed to only follow the new testament.
the old testament is only there to show u the life of jews&co before Jesus Christ..it also tells about the old alliance between men and God. as a Christians u received the holy spirit and this is in the new testament.. follow Jesus' teachings ,life. that's all. everything is in the new testament..i don't know what u mean by old and new should complement each other? are u implying that the BIBLE is not correct/imperfect?
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by raheema4u(f): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
SamConquer: .Wow!!!tell Me More!!!Ok Lets Check out who is More Confuse Now....Please Explain to this Noble House about the War between the Shia and Sunni Muslims especially in Iraq,Or is it the Several other branch in islam Such as Ahmadiyya,Qutbinism and Several Others,Explain to this House about Hadith which Some group of Muslims claim is not true while others think otherwise,and finally tel us more about the Paedophile act on Little Innocent Girls,where a School of thought in Islam is against and another school of thought Endorse it.Now Bro which do You think is more Confuse......@OP and His Topic...Mr Op I know You are strugling and Looking For ways to Create a thread to reach front page but this is definetly not the way to go about it...Adios

Do u know the meaning of Sunni ans Shia to start with? Sunni and Shia all believe in the same God and the same Prophet Muhammad PBUH. There differences come from political view on who to rule. All this u mentioned all believe in one Allah, one Quran and one Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

But since u want to talk about confusion pls why is the catholic bible different from protestant version, which is more authentic.

Why so many christian branches and some not willing to marry from another?

Hadith is the saying, actions and teaching of the Prophet PBUH. If the person who gives the narrations cannot be trace back to a source it is called a weak hadith. Muslims knows which is weak and the reasons why so Oga u lied on that.

The Bible u claimed to be a word of God consist of words that is shameful for a book of a creator like Songs of Solomon.

Lies upon lies like Paul claimin in Act that Only Him saw Jesus and hear him, then in another he said he saw bt didn't hear, lastly he hears bt didn't see pls which should we believe?

Like wrong additions in the bible, pls when you done u can take poison cos u won't die since u blieve in Jesus. No be talk na ur bible, try and explain

4 Likes

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
because Christians don't believe in the same god?see this dumb azz...at least they don't slaughter each other, i'm yet to hear a catholic killing a protestant ahh ahhhh u believe in the same god but can't tolerate each other, furthermore stop embarrassing yourself here sunni consider shia as heretic/khaffir etc ;ast but not the least from my friend shia ...Aisha was a prostitute ah ah ..what a confuse religion
raheema4u:

Do u know the meaning of Sunni ans Shia to start with? Sunni and Shia all believe in the same God and the same Prophet Muhammad PBUH. There differences come from political view on who to rule. All this u mentioned all believe in one Allah, one Quran and one Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

But since u want to talk about confusion pls why is the catholic bible different from protestant version, which is more authentic.

Why so many christian branches and some not willing to marry from another?

Hadith is the saying, actions and teaching of the Prophet PBUH. If the person who gives the narrations cannot be trace back to a source it is called a weak hadith. Muslims knows which is weak and the reasons why so Oga u lied on that.

The Bible u claimed to be a word of God consist of words that is shameful for a book of a creator like Songs of Solomon.

Lies upon lies like Paul claimin in Act that Only Him saw Jesus and hear him, then in another he said he saw bt didn't hear, lastly he hears bt didn't see pls which should we believe?

Like wrong additions in the bible, pls when you done u can take poison cos u won't die since u blieve in Jesus. No be talk na ur bible, try and explain
a moslem talking about division in Christianity , talking about branches? ah ah wonder shall never end ..dumb azzes who think the Quran fell from the sky ..
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by kunlekunle: 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
raheema4u:

Didn't Jesus Peace be upon him said that he didn't not come to abolish the law of Moses Peace be upon him. Till the end one dot of his commandment will not be changed and u will attain the kingdom if u follow the commandment.

your post seems muslim like.
when you broke the law u become a sinner, thats where the grace superseeds obeying the law,
its through grace only that you make can heaven. this is encapsulated in your walking not working with christ.
walking with christ is improving your character, mindset, attitude and being.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by SamConquer(m): 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
raheema4u:

Why so many christian branches and[b]some not willing to marry from another?[/b]

The[b]Bible u claimed to be a word of God consist of words that is shameful for a book of a creator like Songs of Solomon.[/b]

Note:Among the o ones that are bolded,they are some that are not bolded but the sign[b]is in front of them.... To The First Bolded:Hmmm and they still fight and even burn their own Places of worship?With all this Principle You mention that they both follow?Now that is CONFUSION at it's best.......To the Second bolded:,Please tell Me How they both differ and also explain how the name 'Catholic bible' and 'protestant Bible' come about Cause I can't find that name on any Bible.....To The Third Bolded:Why So many Branches in Islam also Such as Shia,Sunni,Ahmadiyya,Sufism,Ibadi,(hehe I got you there)They even Fight and kill eachother...To The Fourth Bolded:Now that Is an Allegation...To the Fifth BoldedThe Bible Is A Collection Of Past Event that happen and we can't ommit anything from it,afterall we have never claim that our Bible is 'Miracle' like You Guys said of Your Quaran yet American Soldiers burnt it and the 'miracle Quaran' did nothing...To the Sixth Bolded:Now that is a Combination of both Blasphemy and the 'terorist minded-mind' of a Muslim...Adios
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by SamConquer(m): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
ednut1: did I tell u I was a muslim, ode
why are You telling Me Your Name
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
temilexis: Certainly the new testament does not contain so much needed to be known by christians. Things like tithes, alcohol drinks, church administration, how church funds should be expended, should pastors depend on church funds for a living, should church funds be spent on building schools and at the end only the rich(affluent parents) would be able to attend such schools, dress code for the congregation and if women should really cover their hair during service, deliverance of demon possessed people how it should be conducted (must they fall on the ground or should the pastor be interacting with the demon and negotiating with him weather he should leave or not) etc. There are so many grey areas about christianity that some pastors cannot be faulted so easily as the new testament do not have any information on these issues.

Has it occurred to you that these were not of central concern to Christ? That Christ was not concern about forms and structures? When Jesus was asked point blank the question of salvation this is what he said:

Luke 10:25-37

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

What followed was the greatest of all parables. The parable of the Good Samaritan.

Jesus never bothered with all your concerns above. His concern is what is in the heart of men. That is what differentiates Christianity from other religions that stone people to death, cut limbs and blow up everyone including themselves. His banner over us is LOVE.
To futher demonstrate His disdain for these rules and structures Jesus said to those concern with the outward observance of rules and forms ‘The Sabbath was Meant for Man and Not Man for the Sabbath’.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Msgamble: 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
@raheem, ppl lyk u are just looking for trouble,tbaba n mac should better caution u b4 u drag ur faith to shame..buh pls answer me, Why sunni place their hand on their 'stomach/belly' n shia their hands on their 'side' while standing during prayers? More to come
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by buoye1(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
Yes it is bt if u feel it's nt u can go ahead and add your name@OP
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by olawalemanog: 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
SamConquer: .Wow!!!tell Me More!!!Ok Lets Check out who is More Confuse Now....Please Explain to this Noble House about the War between the Shia and Sunni Muslims especially in Iraq,Or is it the Several other branch in islam Such as Ahmadiyya,Qutbinism and Several Others,Explain to this House about Hadith which Some group of Muslims claim is not true while others think otherwise,and finally tel us more about the Paedophile act on Little Innocent Girls,where a School of thought in Islam is against and another school of thought Endorse it.Now Bro which do You think is more Confuse......@OP and His Topic...Mr Op I know You are strugling and Looking For ways to Create a thread to reach front page but this is definetly not the way to go about it...Adios
All these ur request are not hidden, there is no apocrypha in Islam: everything is open and this is the same position of even d opponents of Islam. Let it be known that the diff bw the Shia and the Sunni is far less than the diff bw RCCG and Winners and all the evidences are there For example check out the differeces in naming, differences in Marriage, differences in burial, etc. You mentioned the hadith which was collected in the most scientific way attested to by even the enemies of Islam. In its collection, there was no document Q that was dubbed by the canonical gospellers from Mark who was just 11 yrs old when Jesus died . There was mo Saul that changed his name to Paul and later went to a temple where he learnt the Osiris-dionysian, mythra and Krishnian dogma which he brought to his new Christianity. Allah gave the name Islam to our religion, not some paganist Antiochites. Read the thread in this discourse and you will know the quantum of confusion in ur faith. Whst exactly is the justification for addition of old testament to the bible? It was dubbed completely with all the fables, lies, etc. The two souces were criminally dubbed without editing and that is why there repitions everywhere. I can go on and on and on. You would, also have noticed that the end is justifying the means and that is why iyour leaders who know the truth and are atheist are fooling you by making millions off and from you gullible followers becausr they told you they are annointed and that they should not be queried. From, COZA to RCCG; from Oritsejafor to "four million dollars down the drain", the story is not diffferent and in all of these you, the mumu christian, remain the looser. Or do you think these ppl believe inte hereafter? If they do, they will not fill the airports with jets and their homes with exotic cars : they will be more concerned about their affairs in the hereafter. Thry will not be struugling for wealth with the devil, they will not be behaving like landlords on the surface of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by olawalemanog: 8:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Msgamble: @raheem, ppl lyk u are just looking for trouble,tbaba n mac should better caution u b4 u drag ur faith to shame..buh pls answer me, Why sunni place their hand on their 'stomach/belly' n shia their hands on their 'side' while standing during prayers? More to come
This question shows ver overtly that you know nothing about Islam bc your question doesnot make sense.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by olawalemanog: 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
SamConquer: .#Smiles#I will first of all want to deal with the Question regarding the 'dress System' in Christianity.My Dear I won't blame You if You ask Such Questions but I will Blame You If You Generalize it.because is the Same thing as...---Why Do You Muslims Kill and terorrise?Was Prophet Muhammed [PBUH] a Suicide Bomber and terorist.?---So My Dear because of Western Imperialism and So called Development that have eaten deep into the root of Decensy of Some 'Christians' You still Can't generalize it..Because take for instance the Decent dressing of the 'Deeper Lifers' so don't generalize it, Cause those who know the Principles in Christianity still abide to it...You talk about singing and Dancing.,My Dear King David[Daudu In Islam]was a Great Dancer,Singer,who Dance and Sing to the Glory Of God.So if Your Dancing and Singing is to the Glory Of God [afterall God Knows everyone's Mind]there is nothing Wrong with it....... Adios
Why do you always ask why this, why that?The Qur'an is available in English language, get one and read and stop disturbing humanity with your why(s)
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by JesusisLord85: 10:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
DARREG: Lets just imagine there was no Old testament Bible, would that be enough for me to make heaven
Three things that I have discovered are
1. There are some things in the Old Testament that are not in the new testament
2. Old and New testament should complement each other
3. Jesus Christ is suffcient for me to make heaven

So if i read only New testament, can i still go to heaven by obeying only new testament rules?

Think about this. 3000 Jews believed on Jesus in Acts 2 when Peter declared that Jesus is indeed their Messiah. You think that they would have accepted such a thing without a knowledge of the law and the prophets?
The gentiles that believed. How can they tell this man was the messiah? They need to read what the prophets said, and if it Jesus lined up with the prophecy, then there was a legitimate claim. All by faith of course, but that does not mean one should walk blindly. The word of God (at the time ONLY the OLD Testament) is a lamp to your feet.

If you read the bible back to front, like many here do, you will indeed stumble. If you want proof, just read the stuff that people like shdemidemi and goshen and spewing out. Utter nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by DARREG(m): 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
I really appreciate all the comments, it has been really helpful, I also want to thank God for the grace he granted unto me to make frontpage...it was not by my power...also i appreciate the moderators for putting it on the front page...and my parents for the money they gave me to subscribe my internet.

I do not intent to make mockery of the word of God, I created this thread because i was having certain doubts about some things...so if this question is in anyway sinful may God forgive me and give me the grace to sin no more.
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Msgamble: 12:16am On Aug 27, 2013
olawalemanog:
This question shows ver overtly that you know nothing about Islam bc your question doesnot make sense.
U seems nt to know what to say, that doesn't make sense? It's a bitter truth..then ahmadis sect n druze that ur prophet is nt the last messenger as ur book claimed n still waiting for their messiah, are fool?, the druze that doubt the life n deed of ur prophet, are fools?,sunni n shia hold little diff. no wonder they called themselves 'takfiris'(sunni name in iraq,iran) n 'jihadist'(shia name in d gulf,turkey),i can see?..it is u that lack ideas
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by unmask: 7:12am On Aug 27, 2013
you just need 4 books....matthew, mark, luke and john......the words and works of Jesus is all encompassing......he tells you all how you interact with sinners(the adulterous woman), what offering should mean (widows myth), dealing with those that want to arm you(turn the other cheek), glorifying him (matt 5:16),
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by unmask: 7:49am On Aug 27, 2013
you just need 4 books....matthew, mark, luke and john......the words and works of Jesus is all encompassing......he tells you all how you interact with sinners(the adulterous woman), what offering should mean (widows myth), dealing with those that want to arm you(turn the other cheek), glorifying him (matt 5:16), spreading the gospel(great commission), respect for authority, knowing who to turn to in time of need etc
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Nehemiah459(m): 8:41am On Aug 27, 2013
You stick to Christ and commit sin like no other...
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by olawalemanog: 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
Msgamble: U seems nt to know what to say, that doesn't make sense? It's a bitter truth..then ahmadis sect n druze that ur prophet is nt the last messenger as ur book claimed n still waiting for their messiah, are fool?, the druze that doubt the life n deed of ur prophet, are fools?,sunni n shia hold little diff. no wonder they called themselves 'takfiris'(sunni name in iraq,iran) n 'jihadist'(shia name in d gulf,turkey),i can see?..it is u that lack ideas
I am even more convinced that, like ur co-travellers, you know nothing about Islam. Your case is like that of Baba Ibadan who bought a newspaper amd asked ppl to come nd see what Awo had said with the newspaper turnedupside down. Yes there are differences nd i insist that they are nothing compared 2 the differences bw 2 churches in the same location nd even sharing the same fence. This is the truth if you know what you are arguing about. I am not even talking abt the differences, ur history bw the Gnostics and the orthodox, or the later dividions and the much later difference bw the Unitarians and the orthodox and the consequencial violence and killings. I am not also talking about the differences bw the Nazarenes/Judio-christians and the Pauline christians. I am not talking about those, instead, i am referring you to those within ur neighbourhood that you see everyday and yet they differ in fundamental human matters such as child naming, marriage, burial, etc. In these matters, you will agree, muslims observe them the same way. The differences bw us are clear nd the reasons can be found in texts; these reasons 2 you might be inconsequential and feeble, but for a true religion, it is serious because all matters regarding innovation must be adequately dealt with. Finally, it is important you purge your head of all these ideas bc they really have nothing to do with your hereafter-they will, at best, make you overlook the needful and, if death should meet you with all the unimportant matters, then you will have urself to blame and my suggestion is that you should pick up a copy of the Qur'an and read it with sincererity, humble yourself and i am sure the Creator of the soul and the Qur'an kareem will make it a trial very rewarding and enriching. Start with this and my prayer is that may Allah make this a turning point in your life bc every soul shall taste death and Allah says, "...and make sure you dot die except as a believer (a muslim)"
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Rexyl(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
It should have been better stated that man should be encouraged to adopt God‘s given covenant and follow the right way to make heaven which is Jesus Christ . This bitter truth could have been very difficult to believe but thank Almighty God for being sincere with His covenant. As I have always stated it, the covenant was started in the old testament and got fulfilled in the New Testament. Any thing outside this is dangerous as God‘s plan to make heaven. Jesus stated it all the roles devil will play in struggling against kingdom of God. Jesus revealed that many more prophets are coming: those that will come in his name and continue the work of salvation; those that will come in his name and lead believers even the “elects“ astray; and those with what looks like the making of God but which is for unrighteous deception for destruction of souls. I think people should understand enough to know the category they fall to. Remember Jesus says autoritativelly that he is the way, the truth and life and that nobody comes to the father except through him. John 14:6, and there are many other words of authority and assurance. I wouldn't know why some people have struggled for years to twist God‘s ordained process. People contesting this fact can only succeed if there had not been evidence of God‘ journey with man right from the accounts of the old testament and its conclusion in the new testament. You just need to be careful about what is similar to this and what is struggling to turn it upside down. The question is will God allow it to succeed?
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by DARREG(m): 8:33am On Dec 18, 2013
If you want to buy cheap laptops with free camera phones and antivirus with it then visit http://kono247.com/12daysofchristmas-0 to get it instantly
Re: Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? by Princiology(m): 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
To know if the New Testament of the Bible is sufficient, do a careful study of it. Here is the list of Books in the New Testament, their number of chapters, plus link.
Note: The Linked texts lead to PRINCIOLOGY.COM

1. Matthew (28 Chapters)
2. Mark (16 Chapters)
3. Luke (24 Chapters)
4. John (21 Chapters)
5. Acts of the Apostles (28 Chapters)
6. Romans (16 Chapters)
7. 1 Corinthians (16 Chapters)
8. 2 Corinthians (13 Chapters)
9. Galatians (6 Chapters)
10. Ephesians (6 Chapters)
11. Philippians (4 Chapters)
12. Colossians (4 Chapters)
13. 1 Thessalonians (5 Chapters)
14. 2 Thessalonians (3 Chapters)
15. 1 Timothy (6 Chapters)
16. 2 Timothy (4 Chapters)
17. Titus (3 Chapters)
18. Philemon (1 Chapter)
19. Hebrews (13 Chapters)
20. James (5 Chapters)
21. 1 Peter (5 Chapters)
22. 2 Peter (3 Chapters)
23. 1 John (5 Chapters)
24. 2 John (1 Chapter)
25. 3 John (1 Chapter)
26. Jude (1 Chapter)
27. Revelation (22 Chapters)

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Sola Scriptura? / Can I Ever Win Or Am I Fighting A Lost Battle? / Our Daily Manna Devotion Fasting And Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.