Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Some Black Churches In The USA Are Just Tiring! - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Some Black Churches In The USA Are Just Tiring! (830 Views)

Nigerians Are Just So Original (hilarious Picture) / Funny Names Of Churches In Warri / Funny Names Of Some Churches In NAIJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Black Churches In The USA Are Just Tiring! by churific(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
Today, I went to church extremely healthy and now I'm going home with a semi-concusion!

I'm not a big fan of preachers screaming the house down. If your message is compelling enough, you shouldn't have to scream the house down or repeat the same biblical phrases over and over again to get your points across... especially if you have a point. I went to church to be healed and now I'm leaving with a headache!

I'm surprised they didn't make me buy a ticket to attend the church I went to today. It was like one theatrical church show. The choir leader was more interested in selling her new album than leading the choir. The visiting preacher took her time advertising her twitter and Facebook accounts. And then she went on to trying to sell her books during her sermon... She made it clear that she accepts master cards, visa cards, personal checks, cash, you name it... She even brought her own card swipper for you to swipe her card, receive her overpriced book and the Holy Ghost...Then she screamed the same popular biblical phrases for 2 hours while reading her notes and mixing them with nonsensical references in between. I went to church today extremely healthy and now I'm going home with a semi-concusion!

Checkout more of my true stories on my blog at www.humoredin.com and follow me on Twitter @churific.
Re: Some Black Churches In The USA Are Just Tiring! by Chiopatra: 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
Very funny grin

1 Like

Re: Some Black Churches In The USA Are Just Tiring! by Lanrefahm(m): 12:05am On Aug 26, 2013
U r always welcome to islam, total piece of mind

1 Like

Re: Some Black Churches In The USA Are Just Tiring! by churific(m): 1:10am On Aug 26, 2013
Lanrefahm: U r always welcome to islam, total piece of mind

Thank you for the invitation but I'll have to pass on that for now.

(1) (Reply)

Akpos Again / Bg's End Time Joke 2 / Did U Remember Dis Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.