Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. (945 Views)

Shocking Photos Of OAU Exam Hall / Protest In OAU Over Lack Of Light And Water For Days (photos) / RIP: Sunkanmi A Part One Student Of OAU Inter Rel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by Alenkakent(m): 12:31am On Aug 26, 2013
Its no more a news that since leaving school in January, oau graduates of.2011/2012 set have since been delayed at home,missing out of batch A and B 2013 NYSC and now about to miss the batch C as well and the school management is still saying results are yet to be approved since graduating in January...what a nonsense and silly delay?
This frustration led me to this point where ♠ have no choice than to drag the management to court to seek justice...
pls advice me before ♠ serve them the court letter....
Re: Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by spenca: 8:11am On Aug 26, 2013
Your right on point ma man , dish them the letter
Re: Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by Alenkakent(m): 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
Of course
Re: Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by DavidHume(m): 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
Hmmm! Eyes rolling ...... Perhaps its d new way 4ward! Wen we all sue dat good 4 nothin management nd av dem pay 4 d delay dey av caused us! .......
Re: Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Winnie dun turn course rep for this thread
Re: Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
Imanuelle: Winnie dun turn course rep for this thread
shockedshockedshocked grin
Re: Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 01, 2013
WinnieDPooh: shockedshockedshocked grin

tongue
Re: Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by Davo93(m): 6:42am On Sep 01, 2013
Before you go ahead with your planned strike, i will advise you try to know why there is a delay and more importantly, most Nairalanders you are bringing your case to don't have the knowledge that could help in this kind of matter when it is not Tonto Dikeh or Jonathan. I'll rather advice you to seek proper legal advice before going on because if the suit isn't successful at the end which i don't pray for you.... na you go tell us the rest. Goodluck Mate!
Re: Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by MrMcJay(m): 8:33am On Sep 01, 2013
Alenkakent: Its no more a news that since leaving school in January, oau graduates of.2011/2012 set have since been delayed at home,missing out of batch A and B 2013 NYSC and now about to miss the batch C as well and the school management is still saying results are yet to be approved since graduating in January...what a nonsense and silly delay?
This frustration led me to this point where ♠ have no choice than to drag the management to court to seek justice...
pls advice me before ♠ serve them the court letter....

There is a saying that if you are in the bush, you should not remove the dirt particles from your hair until you are out of the bush.

For you to sue Oau, what are you suing for? Enforcement of your fundamental right? That is a mistake because you do not have a findamental right to serve.

After paying your lawyer about 200K to handle your matter, what he may do is to bring an action in court compelling the school to send your name for service as well as maybe damages for the delay. After about 7 months of adjournments, you may get judgment. What the school will then do is to wait for about 2months to appeal the judgment.

Appeal takes another 8-12 months and I tell you, an institution like OAU can afford to spend big on lawyers just to prove a point.

My advice is to use the time on internships, learn employability skills, pick a foreign language and earn some certification. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Im Sueing The Management Of Oau Over Result Approval And Nysc Mobilization. by Alenkakent(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mr McJay:

There is a saying that if you are in the bush, you should not remove the dirt particles from your hair until you are out of the bush.

For you to sue Oau, what are you suing for? Enforcement of your fundamental right? That is a mistake because you do not have a findamental right to serve.

After paying your lawyer about 200K to handle your matter, what he may do is to bring an action in court compelling the school to send your name for service as well as maybe damages for the delay. After about 7 months of adjournments, you may get judgment. What the school will then do is to wait for about 2months to appeal the judgment.

Appeal takes another 8-12 months and I tell you, an institution like OAU can afford to spend big on lawyers just to prove a point.

My advice is to use the time on internships, learn employability skills, pick a foreign language and earn some certification. Cheers.
Thanks for the advice

(1) (Reply)

OAU Post-utme Results 2014/2015 Is Out - Check It Here / .................. / Uniabuja Post Utme 2014/2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.