Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,436 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next - Forum Games (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next (18599 Views)

Test Your IQ With This Brain Teaser / Test Your IQ / My Current Mood In One Word: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
don_salvy:

So simple, 60 minutes...u take d 1st one(*immediately*) after it was given to you, d 2nd one I̶̲̥̅̊n̅ d next 30 min. And d 3rd I̶̲̥̅̊n̅ d nxt half hour (30 min.) ...60 minutes.
Correct

denniece1:
Right...am late tho'
Apologies
Acceptedcheesy

Anthony5745: 90 mins joor
Not 90 mins. Its 60 mins & don_Salvy's explanation is correct.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
Anthony5745: 90 mins joor

You aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ calculating using the number of pills...it's not like D̶̲̥̅̊@t.
Take 1 pill П̥̥̲̣̥Ø̲̣̣̥W̶̲̥̅̊, take d 2nd 1 I̶̲̥̅̊n̅ d nxt 30 min. And take d 3rd 1 I̶̲̥̅̊n̅ d subsequent 30 min.
You can't take 1 pill f̶̲̅õ̳͡я 30 min П̥̥̲̣̥Ø̲̣̣̥W̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
Is it legal f̶̲̅õ̳͡я a man whose wife has just been widowed re-marry?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
Is it legal f̶̲̅õ̳͡я a man whose wife has just been widowed re-marry?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
don_salvy: Is it legal f̶̲̅õ̳͡я a man whose wife has just been widowed re-marry?
Unfortunately the man can't re-marry if his wife has just bin widowed because it was his death that turned the wife to a widow.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
Jbluv55:
Unfortunately the man can't re-marry if his wife has just bin widowed because it was his death that turned the wife to a widow.

Nice one.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
You have two buckets - one holds exactly 5 gallons and the other 3 gallons.
How can you measure out 4 gallons of water into
the 5 gallon bucket ?
Hint: Assume that you have an unlimited supply of water and that there are no measurement markings of any kind on the buckets.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by lanaVello1(m): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
measure out 4 gallons of water into the 5 gallon bucket from where?
i'd jez take 1 gallon and fill it wit water and pour into the bucket that contains 5 gallons four times
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
lana_Vello: measure out 4 gallons of water into the 5 gallon bucket from where?
i'd jez take 1 gallon and fill it wit water and pour into the bucket that contains 5 gallons four times
Unfortunately you hav just those 2 gallons available. Continue thinking. I know you'll get itgrin.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by denniece1(m): 7:27am On Sep 20, 2013
Gudmorning y'all

oya back 2 d mata..
fill 3gal,pour into 5gal
fill 3gal again,pour into 5gal,but only 2gal will enter remainin 1gal in d 3gal
empty d 5gal nd pour d 1gal in d 3gal into d 5gal
then fill d 3gal n pour into d 5gal makin it 4(1+3)gal.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
denniece1: Gudmorning y'all

oya back 2 d mata..
fill 3gal,pour into 5gal
fill 3gal again,pour into 5gal,but only 2gal will enter remainin 1gal in d 3gal
empty d 5gal nd pour d 1gal in d 3gal into d 5gal
then fill d 3gal n pour into d 5gal makin it 4(1+3)gal.

Nice one boss
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Twenty years ago, a plane was flying at 20,000
feet over Germany. If you recall, Germany at the
time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany.
Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines failed.The pilot, realizing that the last
remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure..... Unfortunately the third engine fails before he has time to attempt an emergency landing, and the plane crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany.
Where would you bury the survivors? . . . in East
Germany or West Germany or in "no man's land"?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by chycoroxie(f): 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Survivors re alive n can't be buried
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
chycoroxie: Survivors re alive n can't be buried
Dats sweet Roxie. You rock. So ur turn.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by denniece1(m): 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
next!
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by lanaVello1(m): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2013
yeah,now thats d ans....
right!
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by lanaVello1(m): 10:00am On Sep 21, 2013
..that had d tag 'WORLD WAR I' few months after the first world war for his bravery during the war. the rest of the soldiers busted into laughter pointing out that sam was a liar. how did they know?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by aibee01(m): 12:22am On Sep 23, 2013
Coz ww1 azin't bn fought den....it waz in d 20th century
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by lanaVello1(m): 4:27am On Sep 23, 2013
aibee01: Coz ww1 azin't bn fought den....it waz in d 20th century
it was in d 19th century nau
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 11:32am On Sep 23, 2013
lana_Vello: about 12 soldiers gathered around a fire one night during a civil war in a far away country around late 20's in the 19th century. they told stories to keep themselves busy,sam told his story ending it wif d medal of honor dat his father was given that had d tag 'WORLD WAR I' few months after the first world war for his bravery during the war. the rest of the soldiers busted into laughter pointing out that sam was a liar. how did they know?
aibee01: Coz ww1 azin't bn fought den....it waz in d 20th century
This answer may be said to be correct based on the contents of the question because the 19th century was a period btw 1801 and 1900 inclusive while the world war 1 was fought btw 1914 and 1918 which lies within the 20th century(1901 to 2000 inclusive). We r currently in the 21st century which started from 2001 and will end in 2100.

lana_Vello:
it was in d 19th century nau
So no it was in the 20th century.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by lanaVello1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
then it'd be my bad,20th century i meant in the late 20's. wud rectify dat in d que.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by lanaVello1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
aii my bad,20th century. wud rectify dat in d que.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
All the same(if ur 19th century were to be changed to 20th century then what I wud think is that since that since the discussion was in the 20s and there hadn't been any other World Wars then there shudnt hav been any reference to a part 1 when a part 2 hasn't been fought. So he shud hav just said the World War and not World War I
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by lanaVello1(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
lana_Vello: yeah,now thats d ans....
right!
idk wats wrong wif my NL acct oh. it replaced d question wif my comment on ya ans:X
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Deiok(m): 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nothing you can do with maths applies after reading this. I think that all structural calculations I have ever done are now invalid because of the flawed system:
Three guys in a hotel call room service and order two large Pizzas.The delivery boy brings them up with a bill for exactly $30.00. Each guy gives him a $10.00 bill, and he leaves. When he hands the $30.00 to the cashier, he is told a mistake was made. The bill was only $25.00, not $30.00. The cashier gives the delivery boy five $1.00 bills and tells him to take it back to the 3 guys who ordered the pizza.
On the way back to their room, the delivery boy has a thought. These guys did not give him a tip. He figures that since there is no way to split $5.00 evenly three ways anyhow, he will keep two dollars for himself and give them back three dollars. OK! So far so good!
He knocks on the door and one fellow answers. He explains about a mix up in the bill, and hands the guy the three dollars, and then departs with his two-dollar tip in his pocket.
Now the fun begins! Remember
$30 - $25 = $5 Right?
$5 - $3 = $2 Right?
So what's the problem? All is well, right?
Not quite. Answer this:
Each of the three guys originally gave $10.00 each. They each got back $1.00 in change. That
means they paid $9.00 each, which times three is $27.00. The delivery boy kept $2.00 for a tip. $27.00 plus $2.00 equals $29.00.
Where the heck is the other dollar?
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Numerouuuno: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jbluv55: Nothing you can do with maths applies after reading this. I think that all structural calculations I have ever done are now invalid because of the flawed system:
Three guys in a hotel call room service and order two large Pizzas.The delivery boy brings them up with a bill for exactly $30.00. Each guy gives him a $10.00 bill, and he leaves. When he hands the $30.00 to the cashier, he is told a mistake was made. The bill was only $25.00, not $30.00. The cashier gives the delivery boy five $1.00 bills and tells him to take it back to the 3 guys who ordered the pizza.
On the way back to their room, the delivery boy has a thought. These guys did not give him a tip. He figures that since there is no way to split $5.00 evenly three ways anyhow, he will keep two dollars for himself and give them back three dollars. OK! So far so good!
He knocks on the door and one fellow answers. He explains about a mix up in the bill, and hands the guy the three dollars, and then departs with his two-dollar tip in his pocket.
$30 - $25 = $5 Right?
$5 - $3 = $2 Right?
Not quite. Answer this:
Each of the three guys originally gave $10.00 each. They each got back $1.00 in change. That
means they paid $9.00 each, which times three is $27.00. The delivery boy kept $2.00 for a tip. $27.00 plus $2.00 equals $29.00.
They paid $30 for 3 pizzas which worths $25
They had to receive $5 as a balance
The waiter pocketed $2 as a tip and gave them $3 balance.
They did not pay $9 as stated by the OP,but paid $9.33 dollars each
They missing $1 is in the $0.33 in three places=$1
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
Numero uuuno:
They paid $30 for 3 pizzas which worths $25
They had to receive $5 as a balance
The waiter pocketed $2 as a tip and gave them $3 balance.
They did not pay $9 as stated by the OP,but paid $9.33 dollars each
They missing $1 is in the $0.33 in three places=$1
Thank you! For your reply.
So let's assume you r one of the fellows and you initially gave $10 and you r later refunded with $1, then how in Heaven's name do you intend to convince me you spent $9.33
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Caracta(f): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jbluv55: Nothing you can do with maths applies after reading this. I think that all structural calculations I have ever done are now invalid because of the flawed system:
$30 - $25 = $5 Right?
$5 - $3 = $2 Right?
Not quite. Answer this:

IMO, just a mere mis-calculation. Instead of $25, $30 was charged, so $5 must be returned. $3 is given to the three guys, $2 is given to the delivery boy.
Ok, each of the boys did indeed pay $9, making it $27 for the three of them. However, the clerk only charged them $25 (in the books), excluding the $2 tip for the delivery boy. So, $25 + $3 + $2 = #30. Viola! grin
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Numerouuuno: 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jbluv55:
Thank you! For your reply.
So let's assume you r one of the fellows and you initially gave $10 and you r later refunded with $1, then how in Heaven's name do you intend to convince me you spent $9.33
i wouldn't need to convince anybody i spent $9.33 because you explained in the question that the waiter has took $2 as tip.
Your question was where is the $1?
And i provided the answer with ♍Ɣ initial post
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
Caracta:

IMO, just a mere mis-calculation. Instead of $25, $30 was charged, so $5 must be returned. $3 is given to the three guys, $2 is given to the delivery boy.
Ok, each of the boys did indeed pay $9, making it $27 for the three of them. However, the clerk only charged them $25 (in the books), excluding the $2 tip for the delivery boy. So, $25 + $3 + $2 = #30. Viola! grin
Accepted

Numero uuuno:

i wouldn't need to convince anybody i spent $9.33 because you explained in the question that the waiter has took $2 as tip.
Your question was where is the $1?
And i provided the answer with ♍Ɣ initial post
Accepted

NB: The question is actually ambiguous & doesn't have a definite answer but it demands reasoning wide to understand and produce an answer. Kudos guys.
Re: Ask Tough Iq Questions. Whoever Gets The Current Question Asks The Next by Jbluv55(m): 12:40am On Sep 24, 2013
A princess is as old as the prince will be when the
princess is twice the age that the prince was when
the princess's age was half the sum of their present
ages. If the princess is 40 now, how old is the prince?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Describe An Nl Member In Just One Word / How Many Animals Do You See? / ╚►Team A Vs Team B ◄╝

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.