Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts (893 Views)

Suggest Cheap Webhosts / Nigerian Webhosts With Python And (or) Postgresql Support? / Nigerian Webhosts Are Looking For Resellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by velo10: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
As I am talking to you, I use 3 Nigerian webhosts, all of which has given me problems at some time or the other. These are my observations.

I have noticed that all they brag about of a 99% uptime are all false. They have downtimes at times.
I have also noticed that most of them are run by people in an unofficial setting. Some at the comfort of their homes. Some perhaps with other jobs while they do webhosting per time.
Some have incompetent staff who cannot advise or troubleshoot issues. As I am talking to you, a site of mine has been down for the past 72 hours, with my client threatening me like I am a little kid. I am stuck in a dilemma as the person on the support email doesn't know how to correct the issue. Worser still, the same person is on phone so it's like my website will be down till further notice.

I think it is important we state webhosts who offer inept services so people won't be dissapointed and so they can improve. I am very eager to mention the names of poor webhosts in Nigeria, I will appreciate if the moderator does not delete this thread.
Re: Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by Slyr0x: 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
Go ahead and mention them. .

Perhaps, it'll help resolve the issues faster
Re: Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by akinemma1: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
try the paid hosting on www.efathahost.tk
Re: Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by Javanian: 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
akin emma: try the paid hosting on www.efathahost.tk

So you are telling me to use a host that uses a free domain name and probably runs on a free hosting plan grin angry
Re: Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by Javanian: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by akinemma1: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
Javanian:

So you are telling me to use a host that uses a free domain name and probably runs on a free hosting plan grin angry
the site is a reseller site for byethost.com
Re: Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
akin emma: try the paid hosting on www.efathahost.tk

Wonders shall never end. shocked
Re: Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by akinemma1: 10:21am On Aug 29, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

the site is just a reseller site for byrthehost.com
Re: Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by akinemma1: 10:21am On Aug 29, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

the site is just a reseller site for byethost.com you can host your domain there for free
Re: Inefficient Nigerian Webhosts by mrperfect(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
You suppose list them, than just state that others should do.

(1) (Reply)

School Management & Information System Portal / How To Create A Facebook Fan Page For Your Blog/website.(pics) / Number 1 Leading Website Design Company In Nigeria,uyo,akwa Ibom,calabar,abia,ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.